Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old June 21st, 2013, 05:10 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Question Spa Balcony (B9), Deck 14, Starboard.....

.....searched the posts and did not find the answer to my question.

For anyone who has stayed in these balconies, did you have any issues at all (other than rude guests ) staying in these cabins. Deck 13 below has guest cabins and deck 15 above has the Spa Thermal Suite, Salon, etc. above it.

Just looking for constant peace and relaxation during this cruise from the Spa and our cabin.

wasiii

Fear - Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea!

Coral Princess - 7.31.06 - Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Whittier
CCL Victory - 8.31.06 - New York, Halifax, Canada, New York
CCL Miracle - 8.31.07 - New York, San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, New York
CCL Victory - 6.10.08 - New York, St. John, Canada, New York
CCL Inspiration - 8.21.08 - Tampa, Cozumel, Tampa
CCL Inspiration - 8.25.08 - Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Tampa (Half way to Platinum!)
CCL Destiny - 11.17.08 - Miami, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Miami
CCL Miracle - 12.7.08 - Ft. Lauderdale, St. Maarten (Happy Birthday to Me), St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Ft. Lauderdale
CCL Miracle - 4.16.09 - New York, Bermuda (overnight), Newport RI, New York
CCL Fantasy - 8.27.09 - New Orleans, Cozumel, New Orleans
CCL Fantasy - 8.31.09 - New Orleans, Progreso, Cozumel, New Orleans (Platinum 3 years to the day since my first Carnival cruise!)
RCI Monarch of the Seas - 12.14.09 - Miami, Coco Cay, Nassau, Miami
CCL Freedom - 8.28.10 - Ft. Lauderdale, Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama, Ft. Lauderdale
CCL Miracle - 8.2.11 - New York, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, New York
NCL Star - 8.19.12 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York
CCL Miracle - 12.16.12 (Doomsday) - New York, Port Canaveral FL, Freeport, Nassau, New York
NCL Breakaway - 8.25.13 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York

Countdown Widgets

NCL Breakaway - 9.14.14 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasiii View Post
.....searched the posts and did not find the answer to my question.

For anyone who has stayed in these balconies, did you have any issues at all (other than rude guests ) staying in these cabins. Deck 13 below has guest cabins and deck 15 above has the Spa Thermal Suite, Salon, etc. above it.

Just looking for constant peace and relaxation during this cruise from the Spa and our cabin.

wasiii
I just returned from the 6/9 sailing and was in spa minisuite 14170. I did not encounter any rude guests near my cabin, but as I mentioned in another post I did not find the spa experience very relaxing, the spa was often very crowded, and it was almost impossible to get any time on the thermal loungers. Where my cabin was located we heard a good deal of noise from above in the early morning hours when the area was being cleaned and chairs moved.

For the above reasons plus the balconies on Deck 14 are very small, I actually downgraded my CAS cabin comp for my 12 day Breakaway cruise in 2015 from a spa minisuite to an aft balcony as I will likely get more relaxing time on this larger balcony than I would in the spa, and opt to book a treament or two with the money I will not be spending on getting a spa pass.

Golden Princess - Caribbean - 7/2004
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - 5/2005
Golden Princess - Caribbean - 2/2006
Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 10/2010
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - 1/2011
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - 7/2011
NCL Star - Western Caribbean - 3/2012
NCL Pearl - Caribbean - 2/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 6/9/2013
NCL Breakaway - Southern Caribbean - 1/19/14

Old June 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Arrow I was going to book an Aft Facing Balcony at first.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale212 View Post
I just returned from the 6/9 sailing and was in spa minisuite 14170. I did not encounter any rude guests near my cabin, but as I mentioned in another post I did not find the spa experience very relaxing, the spa was often very crowded, and it was almost impossible to get any time on the thermal loungers. Where my cabin was located we heard a good deal of noise from above in the early morning hours when the area was being cleaned and chairs moved.

For the above reasons plus the balconies on Deck 14 are very small, I actually downgraded my CAS cabin comp for my 12 day Breakaway cruise in 2015 from a spa minisuite to an aft balcony as I will likely get more relaxing time on this larger balcony than I would in the spa, and opt to book a treament or two with the money I will not be spending on getting a spa pass.
.....on the September 1 cruise the B1's were cheaper than the B9's by $50 pp, not enough to compensate for the weekly Spa pass cost, but I was going to buy the passes anyway. I had to switch the cruise to a week earlier, August 25, and the B1's were more expensive than the B9's by $50 pp. so we decided to go with the B9 and maybe even try and get a Cabana in Vibe for the week because of the small balconies on the cabins.

I have to pamper my wife, she is a diva and must be treated as such.

wasiii

Fear - Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea!

Coral Princess - 7.31.06 - Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Whittier
CCL Victory - 8.31.06 - New York, Halifax, Canada, New York
CCL Miracle - 8.31.07 - New York, San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, New York
CCL Victory - 6.10.08 - New York, St. John, Canada, New York
CCL Inspiration - 8.21.08 - Tampa, Cozumel, Tampa
CCL Inspiration - 8.25.08 - Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Tampa (Half way to Platinum!)
CCL Destiny - 11.17.08 - Miami, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Miami
CCL Miracle - 12.7.08 - Ft. Lauderdale, St. Maarten (Happy Birthday to Me), St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Ft. Lauderdale
CCL Miracle - 4.16.09 - New York, Bermuda (overnight), Newport RI, New York
CCL Fantasy - 8.27.09 - New Orleans, Cozumel, New Orleans
CCL Fantasy - 8.31.09 - New Orleans, Progreso, Cozumel, New Orleans (Platinum 3 years to the day since my first Carnival cruise!)
RCI Monarch of the Seas - 12.14.09 - Miami, Coco Cay, Nassau, Miami
CCL Freedom - 8.28.10 - Ft. Lauderdale, Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama, Ft. Lauderdale
CCL Miracle - 8.2.11 - New York, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, New York
NCL Star - 8.19.12 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York
CCL Miracle - 12.16.12 (Doomsday) - New York, Port Canaveral FL, Freeport, Nassau, New York
NCL Breakaway - 8.25.13 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York

Countdown Widgets

NCL Breakaway - 9.14.14 - New York, Kings Wharf, Bermuda (3 days), New York

Last edited by Host Star; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasiii View Post
.....on the September 1 cruise the B1's were cheaper than the B9's by $50 pp, not enough to compensate for the weekly Spa pass cost, but I was going to buy the passes anyway. I had to switch the cruise to a week earlier, August 25, and the B1's were more expensive than the B9's by $150 pp. so we decided to go with the B9 and maybe even try and get a Cabana in Vibe for the week because of the small balconies on the cabins.

I have to pamper my wife, she is a diva and must be treated as such.

wasiii
Your plan makes sense, especially with the spa passes at $199 pp for the week. Have a great cruise, and think you will really enjoy the Breakaway as it is a really beautiful ship.

Golden Princess - Caribbean - 7/2004
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - 5/2005
Golden Princess - Caribbean - 2/2006
Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 10/2010
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - 1/2011
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - 7/2011
NCL Star - Western Caribbean - 3/2012
NCL Pearl - Caribbean - 2/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 6/9/2013
NCL Breakaway - Southern Caribbean - 1/19/14

Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I had 3 spa cabins on 14. 14722 and 14716 were spa balconies and very peaceful (starboard). 14156 was a spa mini suite (port). 14156 had noise in the middle of the night from above them. They never knew what it was but it was annoying every night.
NCL Spirit 2004 (9), NCL Sky 2010 (3), NCL Epic 2011 (7), NCL Pearl 2012 (7), NCL Breakaway 2013 (7), NCL Sky 2013 (3), NCL Getaway 2014 (7) and coming soon... NCL Pearl 2014 (11) and NCL Jewel 2015 (9)!