Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Private Islands
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Private Islands Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:35 PM
spabsie's Avatar
spabsie spabsie is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 107
Default Booking a Labadee Cabana

Hey everyone. I just called Royal to inquire about booking a Labadee cabana on our 12/1/13 cruise on Allure. The pre cruise dept lady told me in no uncertain terms that cabanas are first come first serve when you get on the cruise, but I remember reading before that others here have booked them ahead of time.

Am I nuts here? I know there is suite restrictions, but I am hoping to snag one even though we are just in an ov balcony so our little one can be shielded from the sun throughout the day.

thanks everyone.
__________________




Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM
dolfans0704's Avatar
dolfans0704 dolfans0704 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spabsie View Post
Hey everyone. I just called Royal to inquire about booking a Labadee cabana on our 12/1/13 cruise on Allure. The pre cruise dept lady told me in no uncertain terms that cabanas are first come first serve when you get on the cruise, but I remember reading before that others here have booked them ahead of time.

Am I nuts here? I know there is suite restrictions, but I am hoping to snag one even though we are just in an ov balcony so our little one can be shielded from the sun throughout the day.

thanks everyone.
We reserved and paid for our over the water cabana at Nellie's Beach on line prior to our cruise on Allure last August. I remember booking it 6 or so months prior to sailing?? It was fabulous. Worth every penny IMHO. Maybe what the RCI rep meant was that you can't reserve a certain one. Not sure but I would definitely call back and speak to someone else. Enjoy your cruise. We loved Allure!


Dolfans from Miami
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM
cb at sea cb at sea is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, va. USA
Posts: 63,459
Default

If you can't book one, either prior to the cruise, or once onboard...have no fear! There is PLENTY of shade free for anyone to use! You don't need a cabana to get out of the sun! And, since Labadee now has a pier, it's super easy to head back to the shp during the hottest part of the day, if you choose!
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old June 26th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Coralc's Avatar
Coralc Coralc is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,137
Default

Sorry. Should have started with log into your "My Cruises" account and pull up your reservation. Then pull up shore excursions for your cruise and go to Labadee excursions. The cabanas are available for reserve as a shore excursion for non-suite guests.

We reserved one (OTW) on Nellie's Beach quite some time ago for a December sailing.
__________________
><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>. , . .·`·.. }><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>

Last edited by Coralc; June 26th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Ashland Ashland is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California by way of Kentucky
Posts: 12,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralc View Post
Sorry. Should have started with log into your "My Cruises" account and pull up your reservation. Then pull up shore excursions for your cruise and go to Labadee excursions. The cabanas are available for reserve as a shore excursion for non-suite guests.

We reserved one (OTW) on Nellie's Beach quite some time ago for a December sailing.
Hmmm....Sounds like the OP talked to an RCI rep that knows her product well
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old June 26th, 2013, 03:05 AM
MR NW GUY MR NW GUY is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 1,098
Default

Nellie's Beach Cabanas can be booked on line prior to your cruise. I don't think you can select a specific cabana as they are assigned upon arrival.

Barefoot Beach cabans are for Suite Guests and can only be booked once on board.

Last edited by MR NW GUY; June 26th, 2013 at 03:05 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Coralc's Avatar
Coralc Coralc is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR NW GUY View Post
Nellie's Beach Cabanas can be booked on line prior to your cruise. I don't think you can select a specific cabana as they are assigned upon arrival.

Barefoot Beach cabans are for Suite Guests and can only be booked once on board.
You can't select a specific one, but there is a difference in cost for Over the water (OTW), Hillside and Beach Cabanas.

Since we have paid an additional charge for OTW, I am fully expecting that is what we will receive.
__________________
><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>. , . .·`·.. }><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:47 AM
PandaBear62 PandaBear62 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR NW GUY View Post
Barefoot Beach cabans are for Suite Guests and can only be booked once on board.
Does that include junior suites? If so, how do you book once on board?
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
MR NW GUY MR NW GUY is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 1,098
Default

Nope, not the Jr. Suites is my understanding. You book it onboard with the Conciege.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old June 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
JMG's Avatar
JMG JMG is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBear62 View Post
Does that include junior suites? If so, how do you book once on board?
No, it is GS and above. We booked a Nellies Hillside and had a great location. It was a walk but we were right next to the Barefoot Hillside cabanas and we could access Barefoot beach a little easier than Nellies Beach. We could have gotten lounges set up for us on Barefoot but we decided to stay in the cabana most of the day and just relax.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
beachnative's Avatar
beachnative beachnative is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Posts: 4,174
Default

Yesterday, using Pre-Cruise planner, I booked an Over-the-Water Cabana on Nellie's beach for our Oct. 12th cruise.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM
pkexton's Avatar
pkexton pkexton is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 1,094
Default Cabana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR NW GUY View Post
Nope, not the Jr. Suites is my understanding. You book it onboard with the Conciege.
Actually if you are in a suite(we were in a GS) you can email your concierge prior to the cruise and ask to reserve one- they will get back to you confirming that. For our cruise this past March I emailed about 2 weeks or more prior to the cruise & got one reserved.

Pat
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
MS52 MS52 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 978
Default

Last year we booked two cabanas on Nellie's (prior to boarding) and there was a limit of six people in each.

I read somewhere that now there is a limit of 5 people. Does anyone here on CC know if this really has changed?

I really hate to call because you have to call because chances are, they don't know and will just make something up - as the OP has already discovered!
__________________
Maryann
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Georgeny's Avatar
Georgeny Georgeny is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY City suburb
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS52 View Post
Last year we booked two cabanas on Nellie's (prior to boarding) and there was a limit of six people in each.

I read somewhere that now there is a limit of 5 people. Does anyone here on CC know if this really has changed?

I really hate to call because you have to call because chances are, they don't know and will just make something up - as the OP has already discovered!
Just back from Explorer of The Seas Grand Suite. Also had bad answers from RCL reservations that advised me originally that cabanas were complimentary for GS, WRONG.

Our concierge, Mahmoud, emailed us 4 days before sailing and I inquired. He advised:

"I hope this email finds you well. I would like to inform you that we have 4 Cabana categories and price is depend on which one

Over water Cabana are 250 $.
Beach or Hiltop Cabana 225 $
Standard Cabana 175 $

Note that included in the price are two bottles of Evian water and that cabana occupancy is up to 6 person. "

We decided not to get one since only two of us. BAREFOOT Beach is for Grand Suite and above only. First priority for cabana rental through concierge.

NELLIES beach next to BAREFOOT has cabana rentals as well available for online booking under excursions.

We were happy with our decision to simply go to beach. Plenty of shade, staff, BBQ area all close knit and great. Cabanas didn't have even fans in them. All you get extra is cabana and ice chest with TWO waters. To us the cabana was unwarranted expense.

When you get off there is also a 6 pass golf cart that will drive you right to Barefoot. GOLD CARD ( not gold status ) for SUITES grants entrance to all private SUITE sections on ship and island. Jr Suites are NOT considered suites other than in marketing name. Mis-leading category all lines use. Should be abolished as false marketing. You get known of the suite amenities in a JR.

CRUISE was GREAT and Labadee best it has ever been. Loved it.

George in NY
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
MS52 MS52 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeny View Post
Just back from Explorer of The Seas Grand Suite. Also had bad answers from RCL reservations that advised me originally that cabanas were complimentary for GS, WRONG.

Our concierge, Mahmoud, emailed us 4 days before sailing and I inquired. He advised:

"I hope this email finds you well. I would like to inform you that we have 4 Cabana categories and price is depend on which one

Over water Cabana are 250 $.
Beach or Hiltop Cabana 225 $
Standard Cabana 175 $

Note that included in the price are two bottles of Evian water and that cabana occupancy is up to 6 person. "

We decided not to get one since only two of us. BAREFOOT Beach is for Grand Suite and above only. First priority for cabana rental through concierge.

NELLIES beach next to BAREFOOT has cabana rentals as well available for online booking under excursions.

We were happy with our decision to simply go to beach. Plenty of shade, staff, BBQ area all close knit and great. Cabanas didn't have even fans in them. All you get extra is cabana and ice chest with TWO waters. To us the cabana was unwarranted expense.
thanks for the updated info. In January 2013, we received three waters. Guess they're cutting back (really- how much does a bottle of water cost!).

There ARE ceiling fans in the cabanas on Nellie's beach.

We really, really enjoyed the cabana (yes, we would still enjoy the beach without the cabana) and are doing it again in January 2014. We have two booked already.

There are 11 of us - that's why I was wondering if there would be an issue. Glad to know it's still 6 in a cabana.
__________________
Maryann

Last edited by MS52; June 27th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old June 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
MR NW GUY MR NW GUY is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkexton View Post
Actually if you are in a suite(we were in a GS) you can email your concierge prior to the cruise and ask to reserve one- they will get back to you confirming that. For our cruise this past March I emailed about 2 weeks or more prior to the cruise & got one reserved.

Pat
I agree, but if you don't get an email or have the insight to email them, you have to wait until you are on board for Barefoot Beach cabana's. There is not an option to book Barefoot beach cabanas online prior to the cruise, just Nellie's.

Last edited by MR NW GUY; June 27th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:09 PM
pkexton's Avatar
pkexton pkexton is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 1,094
Default Cabanas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR NW GUY View Post
I agree, but if you don't get an email or have the insight to email them, you have to wait until you are on board for Barefoot Beach cabana's. There is not an option to book Barefoot beach cabanas online prior to the cruise, just Nellie's.
We actually had a Nellie's OTW beach cabana reserved for our past cruise and when we contacted the concierge and confirmed that we had a Barefoot Beach cabana we cancelled the Nellie's. For our 4/2015 Quantum cruise we already reserved an OTW one on Nellies - will try for a Barefoot one when we contact the concierge - but that is so far away

Pat
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
akcruz's Avatar
akcruz akcruz is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS52 View Post
thanks for the updated info. In January 2013, we received three waters. Guess they're cutting back (really- how much does a bottle of water cost!).

There ARE ceiling fans in the cabanas on Nellie's beach.

We really, really enjoyed the cabana (yes, we would still enjoy the beach without the cabana) and are doing it again in January 2014. We have two booked already.

There are 11 of us - that's why I was wondering if there would be an issue. Glad to know it's still 6 in a cabana.
We had an OTW cabana last week at Nellie's Beach. There were 5 of us so can't say what the limit officially is.

We had 4 waters (large size bottles) in our cooler and our cabana did have a fan. Our attendant gave us 4 floats to use and when we asked got 2 masks for snorkeling as well.

We very much enjoyed the cabana and it was great for this trips glad we booked it, but next time will probably pass and find a shady spot on the beach. There is no right or wrong answer on whether to get a cabana or not as all situations are different.
__________________
Next up -

Jewel of the Seas - Pacific Coastal - 10/15
Anthem of the Seas - 3 day - 3/16

Previous (78 nights and counting)-
[SIZE=1RC Quantum - Nowhere - 11/14 **]RC Vision of the Seas - Western - 8/14 ** RC Allure of the Seas - Western - 6/13 ** RC Allure of the Seas - Eastern - 6/12 ** RC Navigator of the Seas - Med - 8/11 ** RC Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera 8/09 ** NCL Gem - Cruise to Nowhere - 1/09 ** RC Freedom of the Seas - Eastern - 11/08 ** RC Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - 6/08 ** RC Mariner of the Seas - Western - 6/07 ** Carnival Glory - Exotic Western - 6/06 ** RC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - 11/04 ** Carnival Imagination - Key West/Cozumel - 10/03 ** Carnival Holiday - Western - 5/88[/size]

Last edited by akcruz; June 27th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM
jamesr3939 jamesr3939 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 700
Default

I just noticed Nellie's cabana bookings had opened for our November 2014 Oasis cruise. I booked three since there are 15 of us. The site said six people are allowed. Two in the group are in suites so when the time gets closer I will try to do Barefoot Beach, which we had last time (pre-Nellie's) and then cancel the Nellie's. The Nellie's beachfront were $225.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old June 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
MS52 MS52 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 978
Default

[quote=akcruz;38928660] We very much enjoyed the cabana and it was great for this trips glad we booked it, but next time will probably pass and find a shady spot on the beach. There is no right or wrong answer on whether to get a cabana or not as all situations are different.[/quote]

EXACTLY! We had the cabana and enjoyed it very much and are doing it again in January but if we decided to spend the $$ elsewhere, I know we would enjoy the beach without it.
__________________
Maryann
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.