Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old June 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by gometros, kcellup, dawnster1014, Dawnie22 & Shelpaint!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Sapphire Princess Voyage Glaciers Soutbound by gometros
This was our first Princess cruise, which we were planning with friends of ours for over a year. We chose Princess specifically due to the recommendations I've read here and its itinerary. We did not regret that decision. We started by arriving two days early into Anchorage and stayed at a lovely B&B called the Wildflower Inn. I highly recommend it. On Saturday morning, we caught the 9:30 train to Whittier, having booked the 26 Glacier Tour through Phillips Cruises. I was under the wrong impression that we would have to handle our own luggage, since we did not arrange transportation through Princess, but happily discovered I was misinformed. When we arrived at the station, there were tables for Princess and Holland America. A porter from Princess collected our luggage and the next time we saw it was when we arrived on board and went to our stateroom. A quick aside about the 26 Glacier Tour. Highly recommended. We saw more wildlife in those four hours that we did the rest of the cruise. And that's not a knock on the cruise. The tour boat is right next to the Princess, so once we were finished, we were right there for check in. Continue reading... Voyage Glaciers Soutbound

Carnival Pride Proud to have sailed the Pride!! by kcellup
Embarkation (Baltimore)- Was a breeze! Despite receiving the "do not come until 1:30" email, we decided to get to get there around 11:30. We were on the boat by 12:15, no delay at all. Decor and Layout- Some people complain about the nude paintings onboard, but honestly we were more offended by the desecration of the art rather then the content (scratched out on almost every elevators, etc.) Previously we have cruised on the Norwegian Dawn, and felt that the pride had lower ceilings and the general feel was that the boat was easy to get around. My wife liked that it didn't feel like you were walking for miles to get from one area to another. Stateroom- We had an Interior Room w/ Obstructed View French Door (4k) and we actually had one in-between lifeboats, which seems like the only ones I would think are worth it. We had a very nice view, but both decided that the next time we cruise, we would get a balcony. Our room steward, Num, was great and remembered our names after the first time she met us, and made sure to greet us every time she saw us. The room itself was nice, and the bathroom was actually larger than we expected. Continue reading... Proud to have sailed the Pride!!

Maasdam MS Maasdam by dawnster1014
DH and I have cruised more than 10 times and have been on many different cruise lines, with RCCL being our favorite. We found a great price and itinerary that we were wanting to try and thought why not try HAL. We knew it was going to be a smaller ship than we have been on, and that it was a more "mature" group of cruisers that would be on this ship. We flew from Chicago into Montreal, took the Montreal Bus for $9 each to the front steps of our hotel. We stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Centreville, near Vieux Montreal. Price was good, location was great for walking down to the Old Montreal section of town. The room was small, but everyone was very friendly and it was perfect for our one day stay. The front desk was more than happy to call us a cab on Saturday morning and it cost only $8 for a trip to the port. If you go to Montreal, take a day or two to explore the old part of the city. It was one of our top places that we go to visit on this trip. Well worth the time. Ate at a little outdoor cafe Le Grange Gourmand, which was delicious while we listened to the guitar player/singer that was performing in the street. Took a carriage ride for $48 for a half hour, which was informative and delightful, well worth the money. Everyone in town was very nice and the language wasn't not a barrier, even for our waitress who had limited English but was able to communicate with my little French. US dollars are accepted everywhere on this trip. Continue reading... MS Maasdam

Norwegian Breakaway The Breakaway Did Not Disappoint For This Family of 4 by Dawnie22
Sailed on the Norwegian Breakaway from June 16-23rd out of NY. This was only my second cruise (first one was on the Celebrity Horizon in 2004) and the first one with my children. My companions were my husband and my two daughters, ages 12 and 10. We took the Keystone Amtrak train from PA to save money. It was cheaper than parking our car at the pier for a week! (Note that NCL does not offer a discount for the Keystone Line, but it still saved us money). The cab ride from Penn Station to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal was less than $10 before tip. We had an inside family stateroom, #14605. It was tight, but adequate and quiet. The kids' beds were single pull-down beds, one on each side of the room. I had to be careful not to hit my head one one when sitting up in our bed. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived around 1:30. The porter took our luggage. We tipped $2 a bag, so that was $10. Then we went inside the port terminal. There are a few different lines and we were directed by the staff there in a friendly way. Security was quick and simple. Then we got our cabin keys and boarded the ship. That was the longest line as you each have to stick your key card in a machine to get checked in. But they ran it very smoothly. Continue reading... The Breakaway Did Not Disappoint For This Family of 4

Coral Princess AMAZING ALASKA by Shelpaint
My husband and I (in our mid 60's) just got back from our Alaska Princess cruise tour, 12 night Denali Explorer, leaving from Vancouver and returning from Fairbanks. It was the most wonderful vacation!! We both highly recommend it! Note: It never got dark! I brought with a black eye cover for sleeping. Lots of mosquitoes on land - bring repellent! First, The CRUISE itself: We were on the Coral Princess. Our stateroom with a balcony was plenty big and comfortable. The small bathroom was very adequate with a small shower which I was surprised to have strong water pressure, which was great! It was fun to have the balcony with which to look outside and occasionally go outside. We finally had time to go into the outdoor pool and hot tub on the last day of sailing, which was great! while watching “Back to the Future” on the big outdoor screen. What fun! DINING: We did ANYTIME dining and loved it! We tried to get to dinner between 5:30 and 6:30 because it ended up being about a two hour meal! But...it was so enjoyable and relaxing! Pampered to the max! EVERYBODY that worked on the ship was so nice and friendly and wanting to please. The meals were excellent as were the choices on the menus. (I usually got more than one dessert!) We met people that tried some of the other restaurants for dinner where you pay, but we couldn’t understand why anyone would want to pay extra when there were such great choices and such good food in the dining room. We always requested to be seated with others. It was so much fun to meet people from all over! Couples from Australia, England, Wyoming, Denver, Nashville, Boston, Texas, Virginia, Kentucky, etc. We would see some of these folks throughout the cruise and it started feeling like a community of sorts. I exchanged e-mails with about a dozen people! Continue reading... AMAZING ALASKA

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; June 27th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.