Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

First up some pre-cruise reports.

Ida and I are now enjoying our pre-cruise ritual, Champagne toast here in the Flagship lounge at Chicago O'hare airport, pls see:

ord001_zps45cedfc7.jpg

We arrive in London about 9 a.m, Monday. Will post more pictures of our London sites Monday and Tuesday. We can't wait to board the Cloud (our first time on a smaller Silversea ship) on Wednesday about noon or earlier :).

Conte, really enjoyed the NYT article on Edinburgh thx again, Scotland--very helpful (with nice map of Edinburgh city) in planning our walking tour down the Royal Mile.

Have a wonderful trip! George and I have done a similar itinerary on regent, and we really enjoyed it. We loved all those small ports in the British isles. Iceland is one of our favorite places as well.

Safe journey, enjoy your trip and pls post lots of pictures!! We will be boarding on Aug 4, if we can make it thru the horde of cyclists :D! Having only been on the Wind, I would be interested in your opinion of the smaller ships compared to the bigger ones.

Have fun!

Michele

Looks like a great itinerary. Look forward to your reports from Ireland, one of my favorite places in the world. I spent a summer during college at University College Cork, give my regards if you pass through the campus.

Bon voyage!

We did this almost exact itenerary a couple of years ago (as a b2b b2b b2b :) and it was fabulous! We know you will love it! Dont miss all the folks lined up onshore to see you off (although we suspect they are more interested in seeing tower bridge raise than wishing us bon voyage :)

Thanks RachelG, RosseauGirl, Stumblefoot, JPalbny, Ging466, Farbster, bsrkent, forgap, dougburns, pookie2, bissel, prweezer, Nancygp, Silver Spetre, all; for your warm bon boyage wishes.

Michele, will definitely share our thoughts about sailing on the Cloud towards the end of our voyage.

Lawrence, today was 86 in London, not only Short sleeve shirt weather, tec shirt (wicks away perspiration) weather. See ya on board Wednesday :)

Jennifer, yes was raining in ATL when we left Sunday, had to arrange for our lawn guy to do another week since I could not mow it before we left for the airport..nuts :)

Jennifer, absolutely will share our thoughts on Iceland.

Enjoy London Pix from our first Day

Of course first meal is fish & chips at Fish at Borough Market:

lon1007_zpsa000463f.jpg

Now please a quick quiz on some London Landmarks, first CCr to get them correct gets drinks on Ida and I on the next SS voyage we are all on together :)

lon1008_zpsc7d83543.jpg

Hint (not the Silver Cloud)..but where is this water feature located?

lon1014_zpsfe2085d0.jpg

Thanks RachelG, RosseauGirl, Stumblefoot, JPalbny, Ging466, Farbster, bsrkent, forgap, dougburns, pookie2, bissel, prweezer, Nancygp, Silver Spetre, all; for your warm bon boyage wishes.

Michele, will definitely share our thoughts about sailing on the Cloud towards the end of our voyage.

Lawrence, today was 86 in London, not only Short sleeve shirt weather, tec shirt (wicks away perspiration) weather. See ya on board Wednesday :)

Jennifer, yes was raining in ATL when we left Sunday, had to arrange for our lawn guy to do another week since I could not mow it before we left for the airport..nuts :)

Jennifer, absolutely will share our thoughts on Iceland.

lon1007_zpsa000463f.jpg

Now please a quick quiz on some London Landmarks, first CCr to get them correct gets drinks on Ida and I on the next SS voyage we are all on together :)

lon1008_zpsc7d83543.jpg

Hint (not the Silver Cloud)..but where is this water feature located?

lon1014_zpsfe2085d0.jpg

Southwark Cathedral and Hays Galleria

Archived