“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Hello everyone…

Welcome to "Live" from the "Enchantment of the Seas!"

I'm excited to begin another “Live” cruise trip report from the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas as I begin a new cruise adventure! Whilst I was aboard the Jewel of the Sea's this past April, Live report HERE, I was going to book a cruise on this ship to sail in September but seemed to never get to it. That booking while on the Jewel never occurred so this turned into a last minute cruise booking with me booking it a week out for sailing on July 22, 2013. Wait, I know you are going to say...but you're cruising on July 19th not July 22nd. Alright so then I booked sailing on the July 19th cruise this past Tuesday, three days out. Spontaneity for both of these cruises are in full force, sorry to anyone that's OCD and must plan things out way in advance! :-) Originally I had this time off from work to go to and be in a wedding, along with spending a week with various family members in the Boston area. Well the wedding got called off (Got word on Friday, July 12,2013), so rather than keep my plans of flying north, I kept my vacation time and booked this cruise in its place. (Reasonable swap to me, don't you think?)

I'm excited to be going back aboard the "Enchantment of the Seas", for a 2nd time as a more experienced cruiser! (Believe this is cruise #19, #5 with Royal, the second leg of the B2B should make me Platinum, Wahoo..now my cruise in November aboard the Freedom of the Seas will be a Platinum cruise, for what thats worth.) The first time I sailed Enchantment of the Seas was back in September 2007, with that cruise being my first with Royal Caribbean and of course I loved it. Seeing the many "Live" reports by Radio over the past couple years has made me want to get back on this ship even more. I was so excited when I had learned last year that Enchantment would be replacing Monarch of the Seas.

I did this same cruise (three day) last year this same weekend whilst I was aboard the lovely Monarch of the Seas, that cruise was my very first "Live" trip report. This cruise will be my fifth "Live" trip report. My cruise last summer on the Monarch was an exciting trip, we got evacuated off CoCo Cay within an hour or so after the island opened because of a storm that suddenly rolled in, lets see what fun adventures this trip brings. That "Live" trip report aboard the Monarch of the Seas is located HERE.

My plan is to have additional photos posted HERE along with what I place on this "Live" trip report throughout both cruises. With my trip reports I try to make them more of a report than a review. It's also my goal to make you the reader feel like your on the ship, even if it is just virtually. That's my attempt each time, not sure I always fully succeed though.

Tomorrow morning, Friday, July 19, 2013 I'll venture from Tampa and board the Enchantment of the Seas in Port Canaveral.

Our itinerary during the next 3 days and 3 nights:

July19Enchatmentoftheseas_zps51801ffb.jpg

Then...

Just when you thought you had enough... Why not cruise back to back!

Our itinerary during the next 4 days and 4 nights:

EnchantmentCruiseJuly_zpsd10810a4.jpg

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax with one of your favorite beverages as we watch, participate and begin new cruise adventures.

Bing Bong...oh wait, that's cruise director Marc Walkers line. <retract>

Till a later time...

Enchantment_of_the_Seas_020609_21_zps3df75ab9.jpg[/url]

Enchantment of the Seas statistics

Tons: 80,700

Length: 990 ft.

Decks: 11

Speed: 22 knots

Passenger: 2,446

In Service: 1997

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Hey, you're confusing me by posting a photo of Voyager at Labadee.;)

Looking forward to your review.:)

Good catch, thanks. I put the wrong link on. Think I corrected. Can't start out a "Live" report with the wrong ship. :)

Also not sure why my font is so small either, sorry to those reading. The rest of my report shouldn't be like that as I won't be copy and pasting from word. Copy and pasting from word to this shouldn't be that difficult, but for some reason it never moves over without some kind of formatting hitch. :D

Good catch, thanks. I put the wrong link on. Think I corrected. Can't start out a "Live" report with the wrong ship. :)

Also not sure why my font is so small either, sorry to those reading. The rest of my report shouldn't be like that as I won't be copy and pasting from word. Copy and pasting from word to this shouldn't be that difficult, but for some reason it never moves over without some kind of formatting hitch. :D

That looks like good old Enchantment, pre-stretch.:)

Can't wait for this, we are sailing on her 8 weeks tomorrow so looking forward ot reading about this itinerary.

Thanks for following along. 8 Weeks will be here before you know it.

Going on my first Royal cruise aboard the Enchantment in September, so I'm thrilled to read along. Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks for following along. You'll have a great cruise in September.

Looking forward to your review! I haven't been on Enchantment since 2008 and am curous to see how she is on the shorter trips. :)

Thanks for following along. Last time I was on this ship was in 2007 when we sailed out of Ft Lauderdale, will certainly be different only going to two ports.

Have a Great Time!

Look forward to this review, as I'm curious about the updates!

Please take a picture of the Schooner Bar! Enchantment has my favorite in the fleet.

Thanks for following along Michael. I'll certainly have pictures of the Schooner Bar...one of my most favorite bars on all the RC ships I've been on so far. Can't wait to see the updates too. When I get back I'll have to go back and read your B2B you did like this last year on the Monarch.

I am anxious to hear your reports, especially after you sailed the same cruise on the Monarch.

enjoy

M

Thanks for following along. Am sure it'll be great, hopefully we won't get evacuated off Coco Cay like we did last year. Good news is if we do, at least I've two chances to make it.

Excellent! Looking forward to another live report from you, especially since my next one is still a ways off :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

Thanks for following along Chris! Hopefully I can live up to your "Live" trip reports. Looks like we are sailing the same times again this fall, in fact the exact same weeks except you'll be on the Allure of the Seas and I'll be on the Freedom of the Seas. Two dueling "Live" trip reports the same week in November. The CC boards will be hopping. Only thing that would make that week better is if Radio and Trainman cruise that week too and do their "Live" trip reports. :D

Look forward to reading your review especially seeing how you get on without the alcohol package - we're cruising again in September and thinking of not taking this package this time too.

Louise

Thanks for following along. It certainly will be different this trip without the drink package but think I'll manage. During the last trip on the Jewel I don't think I got my monies worth. Guess that makes me a quitter since I didn't try hard enough. :D

looking forward to sailing with you :-)

Taking the 4 night on Enchantment in September, so I'm excited.

Thanks for following along. I'm looking forward to my 4 nigher portion too. You're cruise in September will be grand!

Looking forward to reading your review. Due to go on 1st cruise on 19th August so this will be a nice appetiser

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for following along. Congrats on your first cruise in August! You'll have a super time and welcome to what will soon be your new addiction!

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Back from work.. think I should pack tonight or tomorrow morning?

It's my plan to hand over my dog to my neighbors around 9:30 in the morning and then be on the road for Port Canaveral by 10:00.

Hope to be at port and on the ship by 12:30-1:00.

Wahoo! Hard to believe my unplanned cruise is now...

Thanks for following along Michael. I'll certainly have pictures of the Schooner Bar...one of my most favorite bars on all the RC ships I've been on so far. Can't wait to see the updates too. When I get back I'll have to go back and read your B2B you did like this last year on the Monarch.

Thanks!

Yes the very same ports of call, in the same order!

You will love the last night on cruise 1 because everyone is so sad, but you are still smiling! :D

I'll be following and wish you the most enjoyable trip.

-Michael

I'd love to read your live reports, but wait...we'll be on the ship ourselves! We found out on Saturday that we needed to evacuate our house for several days for some remodeling, so like you, we booked this cruise on Monday. Crazy trying to get it all together while moving everything out of the lower level of our house! (We didn't think about a B2B --that was a good idea!)

It's overcast here in PC this morning, but I can see the ship in port from our window at the Radisson. Hope we have a great weekend on board, and I'll look forward to checking in on your posts from cruise #2!

Hoping you make it to Coco Cay. We haven't been there in a long time. We go to Labadee almost once a year. It is one if our favorite places. We need to book a cruise that stops at Coco Cay! Please take lots of pictures and post them! Wishing you great weather for your B2B!

Awesome, can't wait to follow along with you. Love the Enchantment!

Thanks for following along!

Looking forward to your review! We sail on Enchantment in about a month!

Thanks for following along! Have a great cruise!

I'd love to read your live reports, but wait...we'll be on the ship ourselves! We found out on Saturday that we needed to evacuate our house for several days for some remodeling, so like you, we booked this cruise on Monday. Crazy trying to get it all together while moving everything out of the lower level of our house! (We didn't think about a B2B --that was a good idea!)

It's overcast here in PC this morning, but I can see the ship in port from our window at the Radisson. Hope we have a great weekend on board, and I'll look forward to checking in on your posts from cruise #2!

Wahoo! Perhaps we'll cross paths aboard, you have a great cruise too if we don't! That's not so good about your house. You know it's not to late to book that second leg, I'm sure there are still rooms available. May run into you at the Radisson, that's where I'll be parking.

Looking forward to following along on your adventure.

Thanks for following along!

All packed and ready to drive to the Port soon! Hoping for a 11am arrival!

Enchantment here we come!

Glad you're packed. Oh wait, I just got done, about ready to head to the port. See you on the ship!

Hoping you make it to Coco Cay. We haven't been there in a long time. We go to Labadee almost once a year. It is one if our favorite places. We need to book a cruise that stops at Coco Cay! Please take lots of pictures and post them! Wishing you great weather for your B2B!

Thanks for following along. The good news about Coco Cay is I've got three shots at hitting it. Two on this cruise and then in November when I sail on the Freedom of the seas. Think I'll have 3-3? :) I'll be sure to have quite a few pictures. What I don't have on this thread, I'll up load to my cruise page that is located HERE.

This will most likely conclude my multi-response quotes as I won't be able to do that very easily once I'm fully mobile.

Welcome to cruise day cruise fans!

Are all your virtual bags packed? Why of course I'm sure they are. Glad someone is packed. Wait, just kidding I think I'm done. It's that time to hand over my dog to my neighbors and then I'll be on my way to Port Canaveral. It's a bit overcast here in Tampa today and from what another passenger cruising today too reported in Port Canaveral it appears to be overcast there too.

I'm a half glass full type of guy but I'm anticipating rain off and on over the next week though the chances I saw when looking at the weather looked to be 30% chances each day, that's encouraging. Those reading this not here in Florida, we've had (Well my part of Florida) a very rainy summer, which is great we need the rain, but as you know what the weather is like in Florida is generally what the weather is like in the Bahama's.

I've got my pool chlorinated up to make it thru the week with the lots of rain I anticipate here locally at least and shouldn't not come home to a green pool. :)

That's it for now until I make it to my parking destination, I was going to park at the pier, but how can you beat parking for the week for $ 31.00?

Till a later time.... soon "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas...

Mrfuninthesun and EMc&Drs.... We're flying out of O'hare bright and early Monday AM and joining you! Hoping to board around 1pm. Can't wait!! Looking forward to reading your posts over the weekend inbetween my packing :)