Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old August 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by Pens fan, Metsfan30, Caribbeanbound, jsb1950 & Sky&Health!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Disney Fantasy Disney Fantasy delivers! by Pens fan
I just returned from a magical week on the Disney Fantasy with my husband and 15 yr old son. We were on the eastern Caribbean itinerary, including stops in St. Marten, St. Thomas, and Disney's Castaway Cay. First of all, I can't say enough how beautiful this ship is. We have sailed twice on the Disney Wonder, and the Fantasy is better in almost every way. We were in a deluxe family stateroom with verandah, which was a first for us. The slight extra space made a much bigger difference than I imagined and was well worth the price. The round shower with the rain head was fabulous, a word you wouldn't normally use to describe a cruise ship shower. As everyone mentions, the split baths on Disney ships make getting ready with a family so much more hassle free. And who wants hassles on their cruise? We absolutely loved the newly imagineered Animator's Palette. The turtle show was cute (more so for younger children), but the animation show was a blast. Everyone in the room, young or old, was straining to find their creation dancing across the screens, then shouting in delight when they saw it. Magical! Continue reading... Disney Fantasy delivers!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Like a Norwegian (Washy Washy Part II) by Metsfan30
Background This was my tenth cruise, third on Norwegian (second time on the Dawn, once on the Gem). We will be going on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas next February (we booked that before this.) We have been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises (with another booked for February, a 10-night E. Caribbean cruise on the Legend of the Seas), 2 Holland America cruises, one Carnival, and one on MSC. Embarkation / First Day If you have read my previous reviews, including mine from the Dawn this week last year, we have had some extremely easy check-in/embarkation processes (Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, etc.), as well as some more difficult ones (Manhattan). Last year, embarkation was very easy in Boston. Last year, we waited on a 20-minute line for a porter and then we were on the ship within 5-6 minutes. This year, we had no line for a porter and we were on the ship about 10 minutes after arriving at the pier. Getting off the gangway gave that same party-esque feeling that felt like a corny gimmick they picked up from Carnival. They did a bit too much to entice guests to buy soda and spa packages, and it started to get annoying quickly. The ship left the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal at around 4 p.m, and we were off. Continue reading... Cruise Like a Norwegian (Washy Washy Part II)

Carnival Glory Carnival Glory and the ports of Boston, St. John and Halifax by CaribbeanBound
Part I - Precruise A. Inception We chose the Carnival Glory since they were the only ship sailing to New England in July when we wanted to travel there. This is our first time on Carnival. We have previously sailed on Princess to Alaska, and Celebrity to several destinations. Our group of 15 family members were here for a reunion in celebration of my mother's "diamond" birthday. B. Cruise Critic Cruisecritic.com was very helpful in securing key information for all of our ports of call and getting to know some of our fellow travelers before the cruise. C. Choice of Route This was our second time cruising the North Atlantic seaboard. We have previously traveled to St. John and Halifax and looked forward to visiting key sites away from the immediate port area. D. Choice of cabin We chose an inside cabin (7323) centrally located on Empress Deck 7. Our kids (aged 21 and 25) were next door in 7321 and my parents were in an Ocean Suite (7317) across the hall. Continue reading... Carnival Glory and the ports of Boston, St. John and Halifax

Oasis of the Seas Another Amazing Cruise on Oasis of the Seas... by jsb1950
We were totally WOWed last year with our first cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. The crew members we made friends with last year (Hilda and Rey as well as Cruise Director "Amy") were terrific and we really enjoyed seeing many of them again this July 13-20, 2013. The Oasis continues to WOW each passenger as they board the ship... my new son-in-law literally dropped his jaw in amazement as we first stepped into the Promenade!! My wife and I were onboard to celebrate yet another anniversary and we brought our two adult children with us. Our daughter was celebrating her Honeymoon and her very first cruise onboard with us and our son enjoyed a wonderful cruise on the world's largest cruise ship, his third cruise with Royal Caribbean. We were on Deck 10 this year and it was every bit as wonderful as Deck 9 last year. Avelino F. was our stateroom attendant and he provided excellent service throughout the entire week. Our room was decorated with four delightful "towel animals" that he made for us during the week. We particularly loved the hanging monkey he left for us on Thursday evening. The room was immaculate and again we had no trouble with unpacking everything into the closet and the drawer and shelf spaces in the room and the bathroom areas. We brought some folding containers that we used to help us organize things in the closet which made it easier for us to "save space" and find just what we needed each time we prepared to dress for some event on the ship or on our shore experiences. Continue reading... Another Amazing Cruise on Oasis of the Seas...

Star Princess Amazing Alaska by Sky&Health
Received some emails on cruises and got to looking at options. Found this Princess cruise round trip from Seattle to Alaska at a great price and couldn't afford to stay home. We have traveled on Holland America in Alaska 2 years ago, southbound from Seward to Vancouver. Wanted to try Princess and glad we did. Boarding in Seattle was simple and efficient. We were on deck 12, Aloha, so information requested we arrive at terminal at 130 pm which we did. Process took about 1 hour from unloading off the shuttle to waiting in line at the lunch buffet. Cabin was nice and this great price was for a balcony cabin which we enjoyed. The weather on the trip was unbelievably good so we really got to enjoy the balcony. Early or late season trips would render the balcony not very usable due to cold. This ship is built a little different. Most of the bars are on deck 7 and rooms from 8-12. As a result you get to walk a lot of stairs or wait for the elevator. Buffet was on standard Lido Deck, 14, so it was an easy walk up one flight of stairs to pool, buffet etc. Health club on 15 and our cabin was forward so no excuse not to go to the treadmill. Continue reading... Amazing Alaska

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; August 1st, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Ad Sponsored By