Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by luigipasta, DSJ6377, dkbrig, sunluva7 & galavant3!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Jewel Disability by luigipasta
We were two first-time senior cruisers, one of whom has limited mobility and requires a wheelchair, and travelling with our son's family, including their toddler. We booked a handicap accessible cabin, which we could not view on line and hoped for the best. We did pre-cruise planning with the customer service desk, which was quite professional, competent and comfortable with our circumstance. Reading some of the reviews, re: limited cabin space, etc., we had some reservations. Embarkation: NCL assistance was very helpful, and supportive of our special needs and expedited our boarding. Amazingly efficient considering the masses. Cabin: How absolutely pleased that our anxieties weren't warranted. To start, we could wheel our chair into and around the cabin and easily into a bathroom, which had access to a shower with fold down bench/hand-held shower head, and ample, sturdy 'grab bars'. Mirror, sink, toilet and toiletry shelves were arranged, in kind. Closet was accessible with ample storage space, too. Our balcony was well worth the added cost and made it possible to enjoy the stunning Alaskan scenery with terrific accessibility, convenience and relative privacy. Continue reading... Disability

Carnival Miracle Great Trip to Alaska, despite some cruise flaws by DSJ6377
For background, I sailed with my husband and 6 1/2 year old daughter. This was our 4th cruise, 2nd on Carnival. Last time we cruised on Carnival we had great food and really enjoyed the experience so we were looking forward to trying them again. Our last cruise on Norwegian Jewel was okay, not great. Embarkation: What everyone before has said is true, the embarkation process in Seattle is very smoothe. We stayed in Seattle for 3 days to explore, but we actually stayed in a hotel near the airport and used Shuttle Express for our transportation to the pier. They were really great to work with. We arrived at the port around 11 and we only had to wait a short time after going through security before we could board the ship. We went up to the enclosed pool area and had lunch at the outdoor grill which had the usual hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. It was actually pretty good food. They had said rooms would be ready around 1. We were waiting to hear an announcement that the rooms were ready but we never did so we just went down and were able to access our room. It was ready and our luggage arrived shortly after, as well as the birthday cake I had ordered for my husband. Continue reading... Great Trip to Alaska, despite some cruise flaws

Allure of the Seas WOW, it really is Alluring! by dkbrig
Ahhh, Allure of the seas! We booked this family cruise a year ago. I have read every review about the Allure since. I have to admit that prior to sailing, I was a little surprised by what some people complain over. After just arriving home last night, I can see and agree with some of the good and bad that has been brought up. This ship is simply amazing. I think nobody would disagree with that. With so many people on board, what takes place is a work of art. From the dining room to the cleaning staff, to just trying to keep up with the daily tasks....it is a feat of proportionate magnitude from start to finish. It is modern and very clean. That alone is worth the price. There is a lot to talk about. So much that it can't be done in a review like this. Royal Caribbean is in the WOW business. This is truly an experience. It can be as crazy or as quiet as you want it to be. They give you the tools and it is up to you to make the memories. Having said that, there are a few things I wanted to hit on. Continue reading... WOW, it really is Alluring!

Grand Princess Amazing Alaska Aboard the Grand Princess by sunluva7
Alaska was a cruise destination long on our bucket list. My husband David and I traveled with my brother and his wife. It was our seventh cruise and the second for them. It was the very first time to Alaska for all of us. We chose this cruise due to fond memories of our very first cruise on the Grand Princess 11 years ago and also because it's port city, San Francisco, was a new one for us. The desire to experience San Francisco as well as the allure of four days at sea made this cruise an easy choice. Pre-Cruise: We chose the Tuscan Inn and Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco for a 3-night pre-cruise stay. Upon arrival, the friendly desk staff warmly welcomed us. The lobby is nicely decorated, and the complimentary wine reception held at 5:00 p.m. for all guests was a nice touch. The room was a bit smaller than what I expected, but it was clean and cozy, with a very comfy queen bed. I liked the fact that the windows were dressed in white shutters rather than drapes, which added a feeling of space. The room was located inside, facing a quiet courtyard of plants and greenery, something to consider if you don't like street noise. Complimentary coffee was available every morning in the lobby. We had drinks and appetizers in the adjacent restaurant, which were very good, but can't say the same for breakfast there the next morning. In one case the eggs were runny, in another they were overcooked, and although we tried twice to get fresh cream for coffee, each time it curdled in the cup. Continue reading... Amazing Alaska Aboard the Grand Princess

Celebrity Summit First impression of Celebrity was great! by galavant3
We are experienced cruisers (16 cruises over 6 different lines) and wanted to try Celebrity. Since we are Diamond on Royal Caribbean, we would be Elite on Celebrity. We booked late and at the time of booking, regular balcony cabins were about the same as the Aqua Class cabins. We weren't very familiar with Aqua Class but figured, why not? Well, now we are hooked. If we ever cruise Celebrity again, and we hope to, it will be in Aqua Class. When we arrived at our cabin, there was a bottle of sparkling wine chilling in the ice bucket. We also had fresh fruit and flowers. Our cabin, 1107 was very close to the exterior door which opened onto the outside deck so it was extremely convenient to get to the deck. If your turned right when exiting the cabin and went out that exterior door, you were right above the Sunset Bar outside the buffet. Extremely convenient, just down a quick flight of stairs to reach the bar or buffet. Continue reading... First impression of Celebrity was great!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Ad Sponsored By