"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Hello everyone. . . . I will be leaving tomorrow for a Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas from Cruise Maryland for a delightful 6 Night sailing to Bermuda (My favorite Port of Call).

It has been only a few weeks (July 12, 2013) since I was on Grandeur of the Seas for a very short 1 Night Cruise to Nowhere. HERE but a long 6 Years have passed since I have actually been on an actual Cruise on Grandeur.

It was in September 2007 when I sailed her last to Bermuda. That Cruise was very relaxing and restful. That 2007 Post can be viewed HERE

I loved going on the 1 Night CTN, but I will have a chance to experience many of the new features that were added during her “Royal Advantage” upgrades in May 2012.

I was able to see many of them, but there were still some areas of Grandeur that were closed due to the fire in May 2013 like the South Pacific Lounge and the AFT Promenade Deck.

I never made it to the Palladium Theater or the NEW Diamond Lounge. I really didn’t get to relax in the new Viking Crown Lounge or Concierge Club either. I will have many days to experience all of the features that Grandeur has on board. I may even be able to watch a full length feature film up on the pool deck.

Mrs. Radio will be sailing this Cruise, and she is very excited to be sailing to Bermuda once again. She hasn’t sailed since Oasis of the Seas in March 2010 (Eastern Caribbean). I really miss the Oasis class of Ships, but hope to be on one next year. There will be many changes since she sailed last on Grandeur in 2007.

The forecast for Sailaway will be sunny skies and warm temps (84F). The forecast for our arrival in Kings Wharf Bermuda is similar, but with a chance of a shower (84F). (The forecast for Starbucks on board will be very nice with ship temps at 76F, and very relaxing.)

We are scheduled to arrive in Kings Wharf by 3PM on Sunday. We will be there for 2 nights and leave by Tuesday at 12 noon.

For those of you who are new to Cruise Critic. . . This will be more than a Cruise Ship trip report. My reports are a little different. Those of you who are aware of my “LIVE” reports know that I will be providing daily comments and photos of many aspects of the ship including public rooms, ports of call, and day to day life onboard. . .

You probably won’t be consuming as much coffee as me, but you will be able to view Grandeur of the Seas through my eyes. . .

Sit back. . . Grab a Coffee, and welcome aboard.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Aerial view of Grandeur of the Seas (2007)

P12.jpg

©Maryland Port Administration

Tomorrow will be exciting!

GMB.jpg

Great Gatsby Main Dining Room

G27.JPG

July 12, 2012

Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

GR4FA.jpg

July 12, 2012

Cruise Maryland. . . Here I come!

CM10513A.jpg

The Sea is Calling

RCISP2.jpg

Can't wait for your reports. The little lady and I are doing the same cruise in October. I followed your cruise to nowhere on the Grandeur back in July and thoroughly enjoyed it. I very much appreciate these live updates. Hope the weather is nice for you.

Craig

Radio

So glad to see you posting again, absolutely love your posts. You take such professional looking pictures, I look forward to seeing them. If all goes well I will be on Grandeur on March 28, 2013. Looking forward to this report you have never disappointed. Enjoy

Sharon I

We're sailing her in October. Can't wait to read your review.

Radio-- I don't know which way you are heading to the terminal in the morning, but don't forget the Grand Prix starts early. Lots of street closings and it may impact some traffic on 95 (this is our first year being home for the race so I can't say for sure where the extra traffic will be)

Here's a link to the Getting Around section of the race page:

http://www.grandprixofbaltimore.com/plan-your-visit/getting-around

Fair winds and following seas,

Melissa

Hi Radio.....here we go again, can't wait.

Though I have no immediate plans to sail on the Grandeur, I am in the early stages of booking a group cruise to Bermuda. I know you will provide tons of info on the island. Thanks in advance.

Yay! Can't wait, have a great cruise Radio!

I have a question that maybe you can answer during or post cruise: on Enchantment the 2nd floor of the dining room was reserved for my time dining. I assume it is the same on Grandeur but wonder if you can confirm if you think of it.

Starbucks look out!!!!:p

Archived