Breakaway room service breakfast menu...

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:38 PM.
#1
Canada
67 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
My husband & I will be on the Breakaway very soon. We were thinking of ordering our breakfast from the room service menu but can't seem to find a menu anywhere. Can someone please advise where I could find this or if anyone knows offhand what items are on the list that would be great. This is our first cruise with NCL but we have cruised once before with Carnival. We never ordered room service, we always had breakfast at the buffet. Thanks!
#2
613 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by Smilin'Wave
My husband & I will be on the Breakaway very soon. We were thinking of ordering our breakfast from the room service menu but can't seem to find a menu anywhere. Can someone please advise where I could find this or if anyone knows offhand what items are on the list that would be great. This is our first cruise with NCL but we have cruised once before with Carnival. We never ordered room service, we always had breakfast at the buffet. Thanks!
Breakfast was very limited unless you were in a suite. Are you staying in a suite?

Coffee,tea, muffins,croissants. No hot foods that I noticed.

For breakfast,you can always run up to the buffet and bring it back to your room. I know its not the same though....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
Canada
67 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Originally posted by 1witchydiva
Breakfast was very limited unless you were in a suite. Are you staying in a suite?

Coffee,tea, muffins,croissants. No hot foods that I noticed.

For breakfast,you can always run up to the buffet and bring it back to your room. I know its not the same though....
Thank you for replying. We are staying in a balcony room. We were hoping to have breakfast delivered in order to save some time & to enjoy it on our balcony (this is the first balcony we've had). We may still order room service, but considering the limited selection, we may just run up to pick something up & bring it back to our room.
#4
613 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by Smilin'Wave
Thank you for replying. We are staying in a balcony room. We were hoping to have breakfast delivered in order to save some time & to enjoy it on our balcony (this is the first balcony we've had). We may still order room service, but considering the limited selection, we may just run up to pick something up & bring it back to our room.
Great idea. . I forgot, they have cereal selections too on the room service menu.

You can always write in your requests on your room service form. The worst they can do is not bring the food you wrote in. Lol.

I filled out the form and left it on the outside of the door before 4 am. It is so nice sitting on the balcony in the morning and enjoying breakfast.

Enjoy your balcony and have a great time !!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#5
Indonesia
2,183 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
If you are not rushing for shore excursion (on sea days, perhaps), you can always have two breakfasts! One lazily on the balcony, and later some HOT breakfast in the buffet/restaurant.


After a siesta, order cheese plater and fruit plater plus the drink of your choice to enjoy on your balcony.

And take away some snacks for late night star gazing!

Enjoy your cruise (and your balcony).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michael

Reviews :
AmaPrima AMA Waterways - Christmas Markets on the Rhine, Nov/Dec 2016
Mariner of the Seas
- Spice of SE Asia, February 2015
Norwegian Epic
- Trans Atlantic, April 2014
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, April 2014
Celebrity Solstice - Australia/New Zealand, March 2013
Crystal Symphony - Grand Mediterranean, April 2012

Roll calls :
Vision of the Seas - Canada/New England Fall Foliage, 11 October 2017
Pride of America - Hawaii, 5 May 2018
#6
Long Island, NY
152 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Fruit
Cereal
Pastries
Toast
Yogurt
Juice
Coffee
Tea
Milk

That's about it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Liz

Past Cruises:
8/14/94 - Carnival Fascination - Canada to St. John's & Halifax
4/16/95 - Carnival Sensation - Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, San Juan, & St. Croix
6/19/05 - Carnival Miracle - Exotic Caribbean to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Grand Cayman
9/7/07 - Carnival Sensation (again!) - Bahamas to Freeport & Nassau
12/3/09 - Carnival Dream - 9 Day Inaugural - Eastern Caribbean to Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, San Juan (never made it!), & Grand Turk
9/4/10 - Carnival Miracle - Eastern Caribbean to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, & Nassau
8/25/13 -Norwegian Breakaway - Bermuda
3/5/17 - Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - Port Canaveral, Cococay, & Nassau






#7
Canada
67 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Thanks everyone! We are really excited about having a balcony this cruise & are really looking forward to our vacation! I'm hoping to use the balcony as often as possible. It would be nice to have breakfast on the balcony but I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to enjoy it as well. We are not planning on booking any excursions & will be touring the island on our own so our schedule is a bit flexible.
#8
253 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
We sometimes grab some hard boiled eggs from the buffet the day before and store them in our fridge, so we can have some protein with those room service breakfasts.
#9
Philadelphia, PA
536 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Originally posted by Smilin'Wave
Thanks everyone! We are really excited about having a balcony this cruise & are really looking forward to our vacation! I'm hoping to use the balcony as often as possible. It would be nice to have breakfast on the balcony but I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to enjoy it as well. We are not planning on booking any excursions & will be touring the island on our own so our schedule is a bit flexible.
We had a balcony this past cruise, and it was wonderful to have breakfast on it. We ordered room service breakfast on the day we arrived in Bermuda, as we came into port. As others have mentioned, you only get fruit, yogurt, cereal, croissants, etc. but after a couple days of (over)eating in the buffet, a healthy breakfast was actually pretty pleasant.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Breakaway - Jun 2017 - Bermuda
NCL Escape - Aug 2016 - East & West Caribbean (B2B)
NCL Breakaway - Aug 2015 - Bermuda
NCL Dawn - Aug 2014 - Bermuda
NCL Breakaway - Aug 2013 - Bermuda
NCL Star - Aug 2012 - Bermuda
NCL Epic - Aug 2011 - Mediterranean
#10
3,266 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by anandaindonesia
If you are not rushing for shore excursion (on sea days, perhaps), you can always have two breakfasts! One lazily on the balcony, and later some HOT breakfast in the buffet/restaurant.


After a siesta, order cheese plater and fruit plater plus the drink of your choice to enjoy on your balcony.

And take away some snacks for late night star gazing!

Enjoy your cruise (and your balcony).
Agree!

Always ordered coffee and pastry for our balcony room while we were getting ready for the day. Next stop was the buffet!

Next cruise is our first suite and looking forward to having a hot breakfast delivered. But I'll still have to check out the buffet.........would not want to miss something good!

Enjoy your cruise!
#11
Orlando FL
90 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by kcwingwalker
Agree!

Always ordered coffee and pastry for our balcony room while we were getting ready for the day. Next stop was the buffet!

Next cruise is our first suite and looking forward to having a hot breakfast delivered. But I'll still have to check out the buffet.........would not want to miss something good!

Enjoy your cruise!
Not trying to hijack the thread but just a reminder as a suite guest you have the option of breakfast in Cagney's which (Lunch as well) which is something not to be missed.

A nice breakfast of fruits, pastries and some cereal can often be a wise choice when heading out to warm climate locations to explore. The temps on the islands and most port locations can quickly drain a person so starting our with a light and healthy breakfast can really be a smart choice, add to it while dining on the balcony and bonus. After all a cruise experience is what you make of it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Past Cruises
Carnival Pride May 2002
Carnival Conquest Aug. 2003
Carnival Glory May 2004
RCL Vision of the Seas May 2005
RCL Mariner of the Seas May 2006
Carnival Miracle Dec. 2007
Carnival Liberty July 2008
Carnival Freedom Sept. 2010
NCL Dawn Dec. 2011
NCL Sun Nov. 2012
NCL Spirit August 2013
NCL Sky March 2014
NCL Star November 2014
NCL Getaway August 2015