Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old September 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by caribbeanpuss, harrylime, trixiegal, Chris555 & marec!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Jade AN OBJECTIVE REVIEW OF RCL AND NCL OWNERS SUITES.....WE WERE AMAZED!! by caribbeanpuss
I need to start this review by explaining that we have used Royal Caribbean 5 times in the last 6 years and always stayed in an owners suite - trips included allure and oasis, prices arnging from 12500USD to 15000USD for the week. We have always been delighted with the service and food on Royal Caribbean, hence the repeat business.I am only explaining this to show that we have a pretty thorough and recent knowledge of the RCL owners suite product on offer. Anyway when we booked the NCL cruise of the Adriatic in August after reading reviews we booked with some trepidation. We had read some pretty scary stuff about the "italian guest influence" and disrespect on board and we were a little concerned over the size and lack of facilities on the Jade. But to put you in the picture this was the last week of a four week trip - the relaxing week after a two week adventure in Tanzania, Africa... which technacally was the main part of the holiday... the cruise was the rest week and also next year Hawaii is the trip so we wished to try out NCL so that we could rate them for the Pride of America. Continue reading... AN OBJECTIVE REVIEW OF RCL AND NCL OWNERS SUITES.....WE WERE AMAZED!!

Celebrity Summit Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruise - 8/18/13 - A wonderful vacation! by harrylime
My wife and I just returned from the August 18 sailing to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit. This was our third cruise and our third time on Celebrity. Each of the previous cruises was wonderful and this one did not disappoint. We could not have asked for a better experience. EMBARKATION: We selected this cruise because we wanted a relaxing vacation. Our last few trips have included a lot of driving and sightseeing, usually followed by a long drive or flight back home --- after which we always feel like we need another vacation. We live in Staten Island which is only a few minutes from the port at Cape Liberty. On Sunday, the 18th, we took a car service to Bayonne and arrived at about 10:45 AM. The embarkation process was very easy. We dropped our bags off and took the short shuttle ride to the terminal building where, after passing through security, we found the line marked "Aqua Class" and followed it directly to a representative. Within a few minutes, we had our sea passes and were headed to the ship. We stopped briefly to look at the menus for Qsine and Normandie and were on board at 11:30, ready to begin our vacation. It couldn't have been easier. Continue reading... Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruise - 8/18/13 - A wonderful vacation!

Carnival Dream Dreams are definitely what you make them by trixiegal
This was my family's first Carnival Cruise. So even though I booked less than a month ahead, I found the CC forum through Trip Advisor and started doing extensive research making sure I'd get the full picture on what to expect from the Dream. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the awesome customer service and the luxurious feel of many areas of the ship. I'd be head over heels for Carnival if it wasn't for the disappointment in the food. I was used to cruising RCCL but my last cruise with them 6 years ago made me almost want to give up cruising. We left from a bad port, which equals not-so-great guests filling up a massive ship that closed in on me after 9 days. Our ship was sold out so we couldn't switch rooms when we realized our bathroom was emitting a sewage smell at various times throughout the day. Um, yeah, that was not one of the best vacations. Continue reading... Dreams are definitely what you make them

Sapphire Princess We think we saw everything!! by Chris555
We took a couple days before the cruise to tour the Vancouver, BC area. We arrive from Chicago to a lovely airport about 1 hour from Canada Place ' the cruise dock. We took a private car from Aero shuttle Curb-side, to the right of the glass doors. Look for the brown podium. $60 for limo, $50 for SUV going to Canada Place. Very nice driver. Took about 1 hour with heavy traffic and lots of red lights. Took credit card with hand-held device, very easy. For 4 of us it was cheaper than the train, but the train might have been faster. Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Nicole was very nice in check in. 'rented' bikes and toured Stanley Park and waterfront from Canada Place. The concierge, Lucas, was very helpful with locating a correct cell phone charger for us. Check out and luggage service to the cruise ship was fast and efficient. Tyler, bell hop was super nice. He comes in and checks your boarding pass and passports, helps with tags, and takes the luggage in a truck through customs for you. Continue reading... We think we saw everything!!

Freedom of the Seas 4th Trip on the Freedom for Us! by marec
This was our 4th trip on the Freedom, as it is my favorite ship in the RCI line. We have been on the Allure and plan one on the Oasis in October. This was a "last minute" cruise and we didn't get the balcony or inside over the promenade as we did in previous cruises. We upped our Crown and Anchor to Emerald status on this trip so I am anxious to see what the difference is on our Oasis. I will try and get the good, bad and the ugly here and as honest as I can. 1) Port Canaveral is always a cluster of people all trying to get on asap. I found that if you try to embark early, you will fry on the sidewalk. This time we arrived a little after noon and it wasn't nearly so bad. The Windjammer is jammered on the first day. If people would eat and leave, it would be wonderful but many, many families take up room and just sit for an hour waiting for clearance to their rooms. Food the first day isn't exactly great anyway. Continue reading... 4th Trip on the Freedom for Us!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; September 12th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.