Posted September 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
(1) Could use some assistance in locating name/email address of someone at Cruise Critic who would have an influence and would actually provide some serious consideration to improvements?
(2) Lack of structure is a big problem. I think that most people, given structure will at least post in the correct place and maybe also provide the most useful content if given some structure!
(3) Individual Roll Calls (specific vessel/specific dates) for vessels with less than 200 passengers makes little sense? The use of River Cruise Roll Calls to find like-minded people for private port tours makes little sense. Perhaps general discussions of vendor, vessel, advice. Perhaps Roll Calls structured by location/river; cruise company; specific date to locate a specific Roll Call?
(4) Researching a specific port usually just locates postings with the name of the town/city -- not a description of the positive/negative experiences in the town/city (obviously a problem). Some structure by geography/river/major ports and "other" category. Otherwise, just use TravelAdvisor?
(5) Differentiate between River Cruise Forum (all sorts of discussions) and River Port Forum (what's to do in location X, etc.).
I see that Viking is running an ad on CC and I enjoy the ads on PBS that are associated with some of my favorite programs, so at least river cruise companies that cooperate with TAs should be supportive. (Anyone have a good contact at Viking [name/email address]?) I would expect that Cruise Critic, if it decides to make the effort to improve this segment of their website knows the companies to contact to get their input?
Maybe if enough people make a posting CC will see that this is a reasonable area for improvement?