How much liquor can I bring in my suitcase?

jtw715

Wife and I were each thinking of bringing a bottle of Tequila and Rum with us so we can "pre-lube" in our room before getting utterly gouged in the bar. Anyone know how much liquor each passenger is permitted to bring on the ship at the originating port of call?

Thanks!

Pre-lube away!! It truly is as much as you can fit in a case. Keep in mind that glass does not fare well with gentle (not) longshoremen. You may want to keep it in the carry-on in plastic bottle inside a ziplock bag. Nothing attracts a crowd more than the smell of alcohol (and I mean this as both officials as well as jealous (HA!) guests!) Just don't be obvious and you have nothing to fear.;)

I recently brought on an entire case of champagne packed into two suitcases... no problem.

The worst that can happen is they find it, confiscate it, then give it back to you at the end of the cruise. (Of course, it could break - which would really be the worst that could happen.... ;) but if you pack it well you'll be fine.)

ok, i am sure this will not meet with some folks opinion, but hey that never stopped me :eek:

Go to walmart and get what ever various size plastic rubber maid clear bottles. they have the pour top dispenser, and a rubber seal. fill'em up with you choce of adult beverage, bag'em in freezer zip locks and check away.

We spend over a grand on booze on our sail and sign so bringing it onboard is not a sleep loss issue for me. We do give lots away and have left much behind for stewards, they love it, but better safe than sorry. hey mom, thanks for making me be a boy scout :rolleyes:

smooth sailing

Archived