Caribbean Princess Mini-Suite D732 & D733

lor74

Here are the facts for the Caribbean Princess cabins D732 & D733 (Dolphin deck 9)

The Princess website shows the following description:

Stateroom Number: D732

Type: Mini-Suite

Category: MD

Deck: 9 (Dolphin)

Bath Type: Shower

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 324 sq. ft.

Special Notes:

NON STANDARD LAYOUT SHOWER ONLY/NO TUB/ NO SINK VANITY/TWINSONLY BALCONY AFT VW

Apparently the room was originally supposed to be a wheelchair accessible room, but it did not pass inspection. Although it is not classified as such, it is:

The two beds are placed each on separate sides of the cabin. Although the Princess site will not let you choose a queen configuration, and some people may have stated that the beds are bolted to the ground, they can actually be moved together. The head of the beds would need to be against the wall of the inner hallway, and there would be basically no room to maneuver around the bed. Both beds have on/off buttons for some of the lights, and one of them includes a 911 button which does work – I accidentally pushed it, and the front desk called the room immediately. These cabins have a love seat - a standard mini has a 3 seat sofa bed. The storage configuration is different than a standard mini, but there is still plenty of space. There are two LCD TVs in the room, but unlike a standard mini, the one facing the beds is smaller than the other. The balcony is completely uncovered, and is wider than a standard mini; it extends towards the aft of the ship. There is no bump to get into the bathroom, and there is no border for the tub less shower. There is a shower curtain that wraps around in a square configuration, and since there is more space, it will not attack you the way it would in other tub less cabins. There are grates in the floor under the curtain for the water to drain, and one under the door. We had our room steward give us extra towels everyday so that we could put them on the floor to prevent the water from going beyond the grates…..this was not a big deal. There is a seat in the shower. There is a sink with no vanity, and it has an extra-long handle. The bathroom also has an emergency button and pull cord.

The following link has some pictures:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Here are the facts for the Caribbean Princess cabins D732 & D733 (Dolphin deck 9)

The Princess website shows the following description:

Stateroom Number: D732

Type: Mini-Suite

Category: MD

Deck: 9 (Dolphin)

Bath Type: Shower

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 324 sq. ft.

Special Notes:

NON STANDARD LAYOUT SHOWER ONLY/NO TUB/ NO SINK VANITY/TWINSONLY BALCONY AFT VW

Apparently the room was originally supposed to be a wheelchair accessible room, but it did not pass inspection. Although it is not classified as such, it is:

The two beds are placed each on separate sides of the cabin. Although the Princess site will not let you choose a queen configuration, and some people may have stated that the beds are bolted to the ground, they can actually be moved together. The head of the beds would need to be against the wall of the inner hallway, and there would be basically no room to maneuver around the bed. Both beds have on/off buttons for some of the lights, and one of them includes a 911 button which does work – I accidentally pushed it, and the front desk called the room immediately. These cabins have a love seat - a standard mini has a 3 seat sofa bed. The storage configuration is different than a standard mini, but there is still plenty of space. There are two LCD TVs in the room, but unlike a standard mini, the one facing the beds is smaller than the other. The balcony is completely uncovered, and is wider than a standard mini; it extends towards the aft of the ship. There is no bump to get into the bathroom, and there is no border for the tub less shower. There is a shower curtain that wraps around in a square configuration, and since there is more space, it will not attack you the way it would in other tub less cabins. There are grates in the floor under the curtain for the water to drain, and one under the door. We had our room steward give us extra towels everyday so that we could put them on the floor to prevent the water from going beyond the grates…..this was not a big deal. There is a seat in the shower. There is a sink with no vanity, and it has an extra-long handle. The bathroom also has an emergency button and pull cord.

The following link has some pictures:

Yes, I saw this post which helped me decide to get this cabin. And the reason I put pix showing the queen configuration.

BTW: you focus the camera better than I do (I am not a great photog and can't see too good:))

• 1 year later...

This will be my first cruise and I am sailing with my brother. The two bed configuration is perfect and that balcony looks spectacular! I can't wait! 3/2/15 can't come soon enough. I need to get out of this PA snow and cold!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi agile dogs - I hope you enjoy your first cruise. My cousin and I who travel together have booked this mini suite as we will have her sister in law cruising with us. For me this will be my 43rd cruise but my first with Princess but my cousin has cruised with her husband and friends on Princess. I would really appreciate your view on the cabin space-wise for 3 women and let me know if there is good storage. Hope to hear back from you. We are not going until November of this year as there will be a group of us going to celebratd a 50th wedding anniversary. Bon Voyage🚢