Vision of the Seas June 5, 2014 Code Red

Garryjac

We are booked on the Vision of the Seas leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, FL on June 5, 2014 for a four night cruise. I went to check to see if prices had gone down and Royal's website has the cruise listed but it says N/A. I called Royal and they said the ship is Code Red, meaning they are not taking new reservations. I wanted to know why, and is this cruise being cancelled, because I can book another cruise. They wouldn't give me more information. I had my travel agent call the corporate office and they told her that the cruise is not being cancelled, but inventory management. Possibly a large group are making reservations and they are holding the rooms until they know for sure how many rooms are available. Has this happened to anyone else. My sister is going crazy trying to find out for sure. It is a graduation gift for her two sons, and I already booked my flight.

Whenever people report this sort of thing, it seems to take weeks before Royal notifies guests that the cruise is cancelled. Not saying for sure that's what is happening with your cruise, but I've seen cancelled cruises start the same way you described.

If possible, do not cancel or change the booking until you officially hear from Royal. If it is a cancellation, they will usually offer some sort of compensation, but not if you do anything with the booking before being officially notified.

Sailings change "color" quite often. I wouldn't worry, Code Red simply means that the ship is nearing capacity and they're not accepting any new reservations. Keep an eye on it as there may be a lot of group space being held and once deposit is due, any cabins not under deposit will go back into the inventory and the color will change to "Yellow", "Blue" or "Green".

Thank you clarea and Loyal2RCCL for your responses. It is not looking good. I noticed that there is a gap in the cruise after mine, and the following cruise after that is also not available. We are going to have our travel agent get to the bottom of this. If the ship is being cancelled for those dates, we need to know now so we can book another cruise for the same dates. I already purchased my air and everyone else has these dates already on there calendar. We will probably go with Carnival out of Miami, not my first choice, but there is no such thing as a bad cruise unless you have bad weather and you can't always plan for that. I'll let you know what happens when I find out, hopefully by the end of the week.

Hey Garry... contact your TA ASAP! I did some poking around on Cruising Power and your post got me thinking. I followed up with a call to my RCCL Rep and it appears the June 5th and June 14th sailings are cancelled! Instead they've added a June 9th 10 day that calls at Charleston, SC with 3 days in Bermuda, Nassau and CoCo Cay. They are running this "special" itin only 3 times.. June, Aug and Sept. The next "regular" 5 day itin is on June 19th, when she'll get back on her normal 5-5-4 itineraries.

My Rep also had no idea they were going to calling in Charleston, SC and doing these special 10 day itins..

Good luck rebooking.

Thank you Loyal2RCCL for the information. If this turns out to be true, I don't understand why they couldn't just tell us so we can book something else. I will post again when we confirm this information. Thanks again.

Thank you Loyal2RCCL for the information. If this turns out to be true, I don't understand why they couldn't just tell us so we can book something else. I will post again when we confirm this information. Thanks again.

Good luck Garry. I don't know when the took those sailings into Code Red, but perhaps they're still trying to sort things out before they make any announcements. Even my Rep was shocked about the 10 day itins.

Please come back and post the outcome.

When we've had cruises cancelled on us. They were willing to pay any airline change fees. Most of them were far enough out that we didn't have airfare yet. The one we had cancelled the day before we left, all of the airlines had cancelled all flight into and out of the city. Airline waived change fees and fare changes too.

Saw this posted by another CC member today:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923440

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/13035761_VI_Caribbean_2014_ReDeployment

Is the June 5 sailing still not available? That link says the first sailing is June 9 so the 4 night sailing shouldn't be affected.

Saw this posted by another CC member today:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923440

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/13035761_VI_Caribbean_2014_ReDeployment

Is the June 5 sailing still not available? That link says the first sailing is June 9 so the 4 night sailing shouldn't be affected.

June 5 is definitely cancelled. I'm sure it has something to do with where the ship is coming from before FLL and having to get it on track for the regular 5-5-4 and special 10 night itins. Whatever the reason, this sailing is cancelled.

June 5 is definitely cancelled. I'm sure it has something to do with where the ship is coming from before FLL and having to get it on track for the regular 5-5-4 and special 10 night itins. Whatever the reason, this sailing is cancelled.

The Vision is already in FLL. She is doing a 5 day cruise departing May 31. There may be hope yet for the June 5 cruise.

Its official. The June 5th sail date has been chartered. Waiting to hear from travel agent re: re-accommodated. Not sure what that means.

You will probably be offered the same type of stateroom on another cruise at the same price (or less) than the cancelled cruise. Possibly some OBC too.

Archived