Scrapbooking software

sassystyxfan

I just received Scrapbook 2 by Ulead. Anyone ever used this before? I'm dying to play with it this weekend. I am more apt to "play" on the computer than drag a bunch of paper and scrapbooking paraphernalia out and making a mess everywhere. Apparently you can make your own background pages (with your own photos), but it comes with clipart/embellishments, a photo editing program, fonts and journaling stuff. Looks pretty kewl...

No I haven't, but keep me posted. It sounds wonderful. I just purchased new software that has scrapbooking with it. I am dying to try it out. I started scrapping after my first cruise. You get so much "stuff" that I wanted to save it all and scrapping was a great way to save everything. :p Let me know how your software works....OK?

Well...it's not the friendliest program I've ever worked with. The help menu is mostly for photo editing - nothing specific to scrapbooking and the short little pamphlet that came with the disc was pretty much useless. After playing around with it on Saturday, I have created 10 pages. Once I figured out how to work it, it was pretty fun and easy. I'm having a printer issue right now (not related to this program) so I don't know how they will look finished. So the jury is still out. :D

Keep posting your thoughts on this. I'm new to scrapbooking, I just finished my first project, which was the cruise my husband and I went on last summer. I really like the finished product, not crazy about all the "stuff" I taek almost all digitalpictuires, so I would be interested in a program like this if it had lots of options and worked well.

Laura,

I know what you mean about programs being unfriendly. I am pretty good with the computer but sometimes some of the instructions do not make sense. My concern is that I usually buy 12x12 albums so I wonder how the pages will turn out considering the paper would be 8 1/2 x 11. Keep us posted. I have 3 albums done - 2 cruise and 1 AI trip to Jamaica, the cruise albums are so much thicker, boy do I collect a lot of stuff on the cruises!:eek: Creating a scrapbook is such a fun way to "re-live" your vacation.

I have done a couple of complete scrapbooks. Our family scrapbook (the 3rd one I've started) is always a work in progress.

This program does 12 x 12. I always do that size scrapbook because I can fit more stuff (pictures too) on one page. The only thing I don't know is how they will print. I have a really large printer HP 1220 Deskjet which does everything just about. I'm a little concerned that when I choose print from this program, the large paper isn't an option. It only says letter, legal, envelopes, etc. SO - more on this later. I'll also try to upload a picture of a couple of pages I've done so you guys can see what they look like. I'll try to do that tonight at home.

In the meantime...here's a short video of how this program is supposed to work (click on the HGTV show thingee):

http://www.ulead.com/mse/runme.htm

I have done a couple of complete scrapbooks. Our family scrapbook (the 3rd one I've started) is always a work in progress.

This program does 12 x 12. I always do that size scrapbook because I can fit more stuff (pictures too) on one page. The only thing I don't know is how they will print. I have a really large printer HP 1220 Deskjet which does everything just about. I'm a little concerned that when I choose print from this program, the large paper isn't an option. It only says letter, legal, envelopes, etc. SO - more on this later. I'll also try to upload a picture of a couple of pages I've done so you guys can see what they look like. I'll try to do that tonight at home.

In the meantime...here's a short video of how this program is supposed to work (click on the HGTV show thingee):

http://www.ulead.com/mse/runme.htm

This is really neat. So you have a scrapbook where you can insert pages?

Archived