GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Well I don't know how I'm going to top my Valor review, but I'm sure gonna try! :D

Welcome to another Georgia Pearl review! I'm fresh off the BEAUTIFUL Carnival Breeze.

f415bfc6-ce0d-483f-85db-c12ee7073359_zps002d3fc0.jpg

This was the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary from Miami to the beautiful ports of:

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos.....

4474754d-7e6c-41ba-900b-a80cbea3316d_zps0b8fbd98.jpg

La Romana, Dominican Republic (sorry, no pic, lol).....

Aruba.....

ff3718aa-8724-4d34-bec4-fa09548348fb_zps10cf517e.jpg

And Curacao.

5d67eeed-e37a-467a-ae64-c75ebee74df2_zps7b208b6c.jpg

We also had 3 fun days at sea.

If you are a returning reader of my reviews, you already know what to expect. If it's your first time reading one, you are being warned, this will be LONG and very picture heavy. I've never really thought of myself as a story teller, but that's what everyone here says I am, so sit back and enjoy a good read. I love comments and respond to them all, so be sure to leave a few words. Feel free to ask any questions along the way as well.

Also, this entire review and all comments I respond to for the rest of October will be written in pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month.

For the survivors, the fighters, and the taken.

6b724d29-b937-43cf-a53a-6fe3549e260e_zpsf66ad2f2.jpg

Are you ready? I am!

FINALLY...I've been waiting all September for this review. I am so happy you had a wonderful time, and now I am excited that your back so I can read your review. It seems like it took so long for your cruise to get here. Well, I've subscribed and I'm ready to read, so let's go!!!!!

Well I don't know how I'm going to top my Valor review, but I'm sure gonna try! :D

Welcome to another Georgia Pearl review! I'm fresh off the BEAUTIFUL Carnival Breeze.

f415bfc6-ce0d-483f-85db-c12ee7073359_zps002d3fc0.jpg

This was the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary from Miami to the beautiful ports of:

Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos.....

4474754d-7e6c-41ba-900b-a80cbea3316d_zps0b8fbd98.jpg

La Romana, Dominican Republic (sorry, no pic, lol).....

Aruba.....

ff3718aa-8724-4d34-bec4-fa09548348fb_zps10cf517e.jpg

And Curacao.

5d67eeed-e37a-467a-ae64-c75ebee74df2_zps7b208b6c.jpg

We also had 3 fun days at sea.

If you are a returning reader of my reviews, you already know what to expect. If it's your first time reading one, you are being warned, this will be LONG and very picture heavy. I've never really thought of myself as a story teller, but that's what everyone here says I am, so sit back and enjoy a good read. I love comments and respond to them all, so be sure to leave a few words. Feel free to ask any questions along the way as well.

Also, this entire review and all comments I respond to for the rest of October will be written in pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month.

For the survivors, the fighters, and the taken.

6b724d29-b937-43cf-a53a-6fe3549e260e_zpsf66ad2f2.jpg

Are you ready? I am!

Looking forward to reading the review, I will be on The Breeze next month.

I traveled with my mom this cruise. She's been kept anonymous in my other reviews since she's just not a fan of the internet. I posted pictures to Facebook from another trip a while back and she was like why'd you do that?!?! (She got wind of it from friends and family.) But I simply can't do this review without posting at least a few of her, especially since she had so many fans from our roll call and Facebook group (more on that later).

aeaf59ca-2059-418b-8555-40e3be9baba5_zpsf2897ae7.jpg

Before you ask, I ordered the shirt from cafepress dot com. :)

About me: I'm 33 years old, from Atlanta, and work as a flight attendant. (Don't bother asking which airline cause I ain't telling. This is a travel site and I'd rather not go there. If you see me greeting you with a welcome aboard, you'll know which one then. haha) This was my 9th cruise, 8 of them having been on Carnival.

About her: She's slightly older than 33 and from Memphis. This was her 4th cruise, 1 on Disney back in 2000 and 2 others on Carnival. She's a retired teacher that spends her days doing church work, scrapbooking, and watching ALL the judge shows.

I have to post these next two as a shout out to a couple of my friends here. I'm friends on Facebook with a very small handful of people I've communicated with on here. One is CC member Nancy, aka All4fun&fun4all. She's written some awesome reviews on the Fantasy. Check this one out- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754953. We got to meet up for lunch and drinks when she came to Atlanta for a wedding this summer.

de10243a-cacc-4102-aa86-0f8c9118eb8f_zps9bda8955.jpg

CC member darling_nikki25 joined us later that afternoon.

77c8edf2-b00e-44a4-8bd5-963d73ccb7a0_zpsbaa0d1ab.jpg

I wish I could join them on their girl's Fascination cruise but I can't, as I'm a bridesmaid that weekend. Hopefully one day we'll have the chance to sail together. If you happen to ever see Nancy and I walking down the promenade together, watch out! We're probably up to something! :p

Another special shout out to CC member Shatima as well, who was so kind to invite me to her wedding on the Breeze. I couldn't make it, but man that would have been such a tease to board the Breeze for a few hours, only to have to leave and wait 3 more weeks! :eek:

Edited by gapearl

Cant wait for the rest of your review. I just did the Valor in September, and your review was very helpful in planning for that trip. Snorkeling with Neville was awesome! lol

Dont have a trip planned for the Breeze yet, but hopefully your review will convince me to get on it!

Thursday, 9/26

It was an early morning. My mom flew in the day before and spent the night with me. I was up early at 6:20 am, showered, loaded the dishwasher, made sure everything was turned off, typical I'm leaving for vacation today craziness. For those of you that fly out of ATL, I parked my car at Park n Fly on Camp Creek. I prepaid online the night before, and it was only $4.95 a day. It's $7.95 a day regular price, so prepay to save some money if you can.

At check in, my big suitcase was 8 pounds overweight, so there I was rearranging my stuff into my other bag and my mom's bag as well. Packing light? What's that? :confused: Security was a breeze (BREEZE, haha :)) and we were at our gate 30 minutes before boarding. It was "Throwback Thursday" on Facebook, and I thought it would be fun to post a picture from my first cruise 6 years ago.

You wanna see that, don't you?

186a9874-a574-4c63-912d-be481e14db2f_zps048b6c47.jpg

It was the Carnival Paradise, 4 days from Long Beach to Catalina Island and Ensenada. I can't believe I'm almost up to 10 now! Crazy!

The flight from ATL-FLL is about an hour and a half. I had a two day car rental booked at National. I always book the cheapest economy car because I always get upgraded a class or two. We got a Ford Fusion and it was a 30 minute drive to Miami.

Me on the plane, ready to enjoy my yogurt and a Bailey's & coffee.

9ee48411-abaa-498b-8e13-505b4fee76b1_zpse57f8202.jpg

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I prepaid for our room here as well and saved 30%. My total for the two nights was $172.

a85ecd74-6abf-4b6b-8ecd-1405bdecf589_zps8ada79bd.jpg

65af7f7c-2477-4c4b-9ed7-98511d82c003_zps446be168.jpg

After getting settled in the room, we headed to Dolphin Mall to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Dolphin Mall was only about 15 minutes away, and I'm sure we paid two tolls each way. Good grief Florida, what's up with all the tolls?

I worked at The Cheesecake Factory back in college and gained a ridiculous amount of weight those two years.

e2f9eb0a-78e9-450a-bf63-db0f85f7b6ce_zps48d9329a.jpg

I had the Louisiana chicken pasta with a strawberry lemonade.

ec16b002-f5ba-43dc-aece-95b899a40959_zps5cd389a1.jpg

My mom had the Renee's special.

bbd7c2c9-8ff7-4689-a5c2-27b61af951c1_zpsf4cfd780.jpg

I was too full for dessert but got a slice of red velvet cheesecake to go. Don't even bother counting calories here. It's pointless.

7ea9ecca-3c27-41e2-847d-0e70d1372d31_zps250e23a9.jpg

Me with a full belly after a healthy meal. Haha, yeah right. :rolleyes:

4ce45849-2dea-4be4-90da-7c9df33eb67f_zps2b77249f.jpg

We left the mall and headed to Publix so I could buy some sodas and wine for embarkation and made it back to the hotel around 6 pm. I accidentally dozed off til almost 10 pm, and woke up to do much of nothing. I tried hard to fall asleep but couldn't. I wasn't tired and my mom had the room really warm. Finally at 2:30 am, I took a melatonin. Zzzzzzzzzz, good night.

Up next: Hanging out in the Everglades!

I LOVE that dress in the Aruba pic!!! Where did you get it??? Looking forward to the rest of the review - the Breeze is on our list of "to dos"!

Thanks! I got it from Ross for $16.99! :D The Breeze is on my to do list again!

I always love your reviews and I am so excited to read another one. You always have the best "cruise clothes". We are going on Valor over Thanksgiving and I have many of your Pearl's of wisdom in my phone. Post Away!!!

Awwww, thanks! I practically bought a new wardrobe for this trip. LOL Keep reading!

Bring it on, I'll be on the Breeze the 26th of this month.

You're going to LOVE it! Have fun!

FINALLY...I've been waiting all September for this review. I am so happy you had a wonderful time, and now I am excited that your back so I can read your review. It seems like it took so long for your cruise to get here. Well, I've subscribed and I'm ready to read, so let's go!!!!!

Thanks for coming back to read another one of my stories! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks, as always, for taking the time to do a great review and posting so many pics. Especially looking forward to pics of the Breeze and reading about your cruise experience on her.

Rose

Thanks for reading Rose!

looking forward to it! i dig your 'style' and it comes through in your reviews, so i enjoy them too :)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! I always have fun writing these. :)

Yes - I've been waiting for you to return from your Breeze cruise! I booked this itinerary for Thanksgiving, 2014 and can't wait to read your review! :D

That's a long time to wait but it will be worth it. It's a great itinerary I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Looking forward to reading the review, I will be on The Breeze next month.

Awesome! And right after your back to back on Freedom, go girl! :D