Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old October 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by Cruise Raider, Clappy, WizBang, PDX Steve & LaBrava03!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Celebrity Solstice Fabulous Alaska by Cruise Raider
This was our 7th cruise up to Alaska, 3rd on Celebrity and the 1st on the Solstice. We've sailed on the Equinox before so cannot say we were wowed and surprised by the S class. For us, the S class is absolute perfection on the water. We arrived early in Seattle from the SF bay area and were greeted by a friend that took us on a tour of the Emerald City and out for breiakfast at this New Orleans style restaurant -- simply delicious. We mentioned that we were on this 'Chef John Howie' cruise and she was impressed. I had never heard of him before but the TA said we would not be sorry -- well, she wasn't kidding!! More on that later but the special events set up for this rather small group (I would say it was no more than 50 passengers) were phenomenal. Continue reading... Fabulous Alaska

Carnival Glory Great cruise except for the beds & arcade noise by Clappy
We booked our first cruise on a Carnival ship for my husband, adult daughter, and myself about a month before embarkation and received a call from Carnival ten days before our cruise offering us an upgrade from an Outside cabin to a balcony cabin at a discounted price. We decided to take the offer so we were moved to cabin #6388. We drove to North Bergen, NJ two days before the cruise to have a day to visit NYC. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and was very disappointed with the accommodations. They were definitely not up to typical Comfort Inn standards. We arrived at the port about noon the day of embarkation and the check in process was relatively quick. Continue reading... Great cruise except for the beds & arcade noise

Disney Dream Disney Dream for adults did not live up to the hype by WizBang
We have tried other cruise lines (Princess, NCL and Carnival) and saw a decent deal for a verandah cabin on the 4-Night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. Since we love Disneyworld and Disneyland and have been impressed with the quality of Disney vacations we decided it would be a great opportunity to try Disney Cruise Line, even without bringing the kids. We had a great time, don't get me wrong, but I think because we hold Disney to a higher standard, it overall it did not live up to our expectations. We knew Disney Cruise Line would be highly kid-oriented, which was fine for us, and we didn't mind the kids' entertainment, but the adult offerings did not make this cruise worthwhile for us as an adult couple. Check-in was quick and easy, the ship was pristine and beautiful. Our room and verandah were huge! The production shows were great, but one night they simply didn't have a show, instead they showed the new "Planes" movie in the theater. You had to BUY the popcorn for $6 (something Princess offers for free along with milk and cookies. This seemed very desperate for a Disney cruise that is much more expensive than others. They needed more entertainment in public spaces. A comedian, or even a juggler would have been refreshing to attend at night. Even the karaoke didn't have anyone participating (not even a crew member to get things going). Continue reading... Disney Dream for adults did not live up to the hype

Marina We'll go again - but on a smaller ship by PDX Steve
After 25 days on board Marina, I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln: "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." Marina is a wonderful ship -- well designed, comfortable, wide-ranging and excellent dining options. The staff was - almost - uniformly superb. For most cruisers who don't care about such (to my mind) nonsense as rock-climbing walls and extravagant entertainment, I suspect it is just about perfect. My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly. And yet our personal bias got in the way. We know we are in the minority, but we found our ideal ship years ago in Alaska - the 100-passnger Spirit of Oceanus, part of the late, much lamented Cruise West. Even though Marina is 12.5x bigger, we heard so many wonderful things about Oceania we gave it a try. Continue reading... We'll go again - but on a smaller ship

Carnival Splendor Carnival Splendor by LaBrava03
Embarkation: The process was very smooth very little delay in trying to check in. It would be helpful to have carnival employees located outside where you check in your luggage to help facilitate in starting the process. Decor: The cruise ship was fairly well kept, but the theme on the ship could use an update, your vision is flooded with a pepto bismol color pink. The layout of the ship could have been more well thought out in terms of location of lounges, dining rooms. The overall flow of the layout can be troublesome to navigate on the first few days on the boat. Customer service: The dining crew we had at the 6:00pm dinner was very nice, friendly, and helpful with many of the requests of the people in my party. Everyone we needed assitance from was very helpful and knowledgable of the ship. The room steward I had was average, not very chatty but did not fall short with any of the requests from the occupants in my room. Continue reading... Carnival Splendor

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; October 17th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.