I like packing challenges and I now have a real one to share with you.
I'm going on a last-minute 5 night cruise out of Miami (but driving from Canada to Plattsburg and then flying). I found a very good deal on a flight but Spirit Airlines asks 30$ each way to check a suitcase or 40$ to bring a carry-on. However, they allow ONE piece of personnal item that must not be exceed 16''x14''x12''. I do have a travel bag that fit this criteria but it must be my only luggage, no additional purse, nothing.
At least, the cruise is on NCL so only casual clothes are required... but I still like to look put together and to dress up a bit for dinner. Here is what I plan to bring (but I'll need to test the packing tomorrow to make 100% sure it fits):
Shoes - probably the hardest as they take up lots of space
- Black&white Running shoes that I'll wear on the plane (gym and active excursions)
- My One-Sole sandals and 3 tops (http://www.onesole.com/) for days and nights on the ship. One of the top is the strappy type so it's a bit more dressy while the 2 others are of the comfortable fabric type.
- black flip flops (pool/beach), matching my black and coral bathing suit + my black skirt and most tops
1 sundress that packs small
- long pants that I can roll up to capris to be worn on travel days.
- Black&white knee length skirt
- Fast-dry Black skirt (think mid thigh tennis skirt)
- Black capris IF I CAN FIT THEM IN - otherwise I'll look for another skirt that packs small, maybe white or some other solid color fitting a few tops.
- shorts of the gym
- 1 casual t-shirt fitting the black skirt and long pants
- 3 embellished t-shirts fitting all bottoms (days). One of them can be dressed up with necklace/shrug and be alright for dinner.
- 3 cami matching the 2 skirts/capris (1 black, 1 ''coral'', 1 sporty/chic black&white)
- 2 fancier tops, each one matching one of the skirts and the capris/skirt to purchase
- Bathing suit
- black shrug to dress up some tops/cami and matching both skirts
- Personnal items (tooth brush/paste, antiperspirant, lip gloss, mascara)
(I'll buy sunscreen in Miami because it won't fit the airport liquid Policy)
- 3-4 necklaces and a bracelet or two that fit most oufits
- Mini black purse
- underwear (I might only bring 3 of each thing and wash them to save some space... I'll see)
- Travel documents/wallet
- Rain resistant jacket to be worn for travelling
- 1 long cami to sleep
I probably forgot something... I'll see tomorrow during my packing test... I'll let you know if it works or not
HAL Prinsendam, October 2016, with a sweet lady roomate
NCL Dawn, March 2016, solo
Cunard QM2, May 2015 Westbound TA, with a sweet lady roomate
HAL Maasdam, Canada-New England, June 14, 2014 with a sweet lady roomate
NCL Pearl, November 5, 2013 solo
NCL Gem, November 25, 2012 with my parents and Bridge Group
HAL Maasdam, May 14, 2011 with a Sweet Lady Roomate
NCL Jewel, November 14, 2010 with my Bridge Group
NCL Gem, January 13, 2010, with a roomate
NCL Jewel, October 30, 2009, with DBF
Cunard QM2, B2B Crossing, AUG. 7, 2008, Solo
NCL Spirit, February 10, 2007, with my sister-in-law
NCL Spirit, September 24, 2006, solo
NCL Dawn, December 2003, with a friend