Luggage & day rooms

shrkdive1

We are leaving tomorrow on the red eye and just trying to do the final packing. If we used PG flights and transfers will our main luggage go with us to the day room at the IC when we arrive early Wed morning or will they go to straight to the ship? We are just trying to determine what we need to keep in our carry on bags. Thanks

We are leaving tomorrow on the red eye and just trying to do the final packing. If we used PG flights and transfers will our main luggage go with us to the day room at the IC when we arrive early Wed morning or will they go to straight to the ship? We are just trying to determine what we need to keep in our carry on bags. Thanks

When we arrived in Papeete last May at 5:00 am, we boarded a bus to the IC and our luggage was placed in a truck, which also went to the IC. We had the luggage a short time after arriving at the hotel for the day room.

Gerry

Gerry is correct .......

You will identify your bags to the baggage men (hunky men) at the entrance to the hotel. Once you have your room keys the hunky men will tag the room number to your bags and then deliver to your room. Remember you bags must be placed outside your room sometime around 12 noon, they will tell you the exact time on the paper handout you will receive when getting your room keys.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Gerry is correct .......

You will identify your bags to the baggage men (hunky men) at the entrance to the hotel. Once you have your room keys the hunky men will tag the room number to your bags and then deliver to your room. Remember you bags must be placed outside your room sometime around 12 noon, they will tell you the exact time on the paper handout you will receive when getting your room keys.

and I thought I was the only one who noticed...;)

146946047.jpg

Ok, so this is cheating; these guys weren't moving luggage, they were competing in the Mr Tahiti contest while we were at IC...but you get the picture;) (look at those abs!!:eek:) smiles, i meant smiles!

Edited by Familygoboston

They have hair, I hadn't noticed!!;):p

Ok, Im really joking! I'll stick with my very dashing husband, but I will not hesitate to note how breathtakingly beautiful all the people of Polynesia were! I mean truly lovely; the smiles, their warm open nature from the tiniest adorable children, the lovely tatooed dancers, to the great big mamas and papas! You hear about the lovely "views" of FP but I was so taken with the natural beauty of the people of FP :D And the Mr Tahiti's did nothing to change my opinion!

Hey TIKI,

Its off topic, but are we going to get a review from you of the TM next month?? I'd love to hear how it goes! We head to SMX and Southern Caribbean next week on a RCL ship; but the early reviews on TM scared me off a bit, would love to hear it from your unvarnished point of view!

Yeah, I'll give a good accounting. I've been told everything is ship shape so I'm expecting a great cruise.

Still thinking about September 2014 on the PG, just don't want to peel off a bunch of money at this time. I'm a bit concerned about not having my usual good vendors I love to take. We will see ...........

Edited by Tikiintahiti

That was a consideration for us with the repeaters - it seemed that some of the smaller tour outfitters would not be able to accomodate the large number of guests who already know about them and will all want to go. I think I prefer to go another time, when I'm one of a few in the "know" and have an easier time booking them. After all, for us it would be a first time to many of the places. To spend years reading your reviews about these outfitters and then not be able to get to tour with them- I don't know. Another consideration was of course the bad (v. early sept) timing, and our wanderlust for new places.

Anyway, Eastern Europe and Istanbul were calling, we leave in 10 months!:D

Looking forward to the TM review!

Edited by Familygoboston

Tiki--It seems like you are still torn about the repeater's trip. Maybe you'll find some new and exciting experiences on trips you never tried before?? This might seem juvenile, but it will work if you truly want to know your own feelings about going on the repeaters cruise or not.

Say to yourself -I am going on the repeater's cruise (in one of your hands) and I'm not going in the other. Have someone pick a hand without knowing why. If they pick the hand that you said I'm going and you are thrilled it is the right decision --if you are disappointed it is the wrong decision etc. You don't have time to over think it --it is just how you truly feel. I did this with trying to decide whether I should get the balcony or not. Soooo much more expensive!! Went to work and asked a friend to pick a hand. He picked my left hand and my immediate response was YES!!!!!! A balcony!!!!! All that money by a pick of a hand, but I felt great-- it is the right decision!---at least this time.

I'm thinking that any repeater's that would really like to go will end up being disappointed if they don't--maybe you'll feel like you are missing out on something unique. And you very well might be.

There is more to the story than just the tours being filled up. We drive 2 8 year old Honda cars, the one I drive has 130K miles. We scratch to go on a trip like this and it's a big gamble. If it was a few $1,000 it wouldn't be an issue but it isn't. Plus I coach high school football so I would need to take a few weeks off right when the football season is going big time. We usually go during Christmas break so no problems with football. I'm also a real estate broker and the holidays slow down, a good time for us to take a vacation.

There is more to the story than just the tours being filled up. We drive 2 8 year old Honda cars, the one I drive has 130K miles. We scratch to go on a trip like this and it's a big gamble. If it was a few $1,000 it wouldn't be an issue but it isn't. Plus I coach high school football so I would need to take a few weeks off right when the football season is going big time. We usually go during Christmas break so no problems with football. I'm also a real estate broker and the holidays slow down, a good time for us to take a vacation.

Tikii -

We cannot do the September sailing either as we are both college professors. Sort of hard to leave during the semester (although I did look into a sabbatical). Maybe we need to have a 'California Contrarians Cruise' some other time next year? :)

Enjoy the TM. We look forward to your report.

Dunner- I do exactly that with my teens when they waffle; I tell them I'm deciding the I pick one and they see how they feel. Works every time!

It is a tricky time...we have a big family reunion/close up our summer house weekend literally the weekend before that cruise. Then I have one to drop at college and one starting SR year the week before - just too much! Anyone on the academic calendar (coaching or teaching) finds it hard to wiggle away that early in the year!

And when DH and I considered we'd be the inexperienced newbies with last crack at the tours, it was easy (though I would love to go back!) I don't think we are saving anything on our river cruise vs FP, but at least we get some breathing room in the calendar! ;)

Good luck to you all with your upcoming trips!

Tiki - I have a solution to part of your problem. I am a former football official and have been known to throw a coach or two out of a game for good cause. So at your first game, go completely CRAZY screaming at an official and you will get tossed for a couple of weeks, you just have to time it right. See, 1 problem solved. In regards to the other 2 - play the Lottery :)

Cheers

Mark

Hummmmm .......

Tiki has always been a good example in front of the young men. I've never had a flag thrown at me ........... won't ever happen

I have to much respect for the officals, dang, some of them I call my friends, heck, I think I bought a few of them beers over the years ......... I don'r ecpect anything from it :rolleyes:

BTW, my BH yold me to buy a lottery ticket just yeaterday :)