Fire on Dawn - No injuries

HazyDavy

I didn't see anything about this on here. I did a search, nothing came up. So apologies if it's already been reported and discussed.

There was an electrical fire on the Dawn on 11/8. No injuries but passengers had to report first to cabins and then to muster stations.

Report I read said Princess handled it very we'll.

Thanks for this. It's a good first hand report of what happened.

Article says that after they were released from muster ... the bars were packed.

Gosh, I'd have been heading for a bar too. :D

Fortunately, no one was hurt or injured.

LuLu

~~~~

Hi All

I love the way Walker can make up a story, he asks why it took no an hour and half to put a fire out, no where does it say this in the passenger reports,

yes it took an hour and half for the incident to end, which is not the same,

having been on a ship with a small fire, it can get the old heart rate up a bit.

yours Shogun

Princess reported this on their Facebook page couple days back. I thought the fire was on Deck 6. I was interested because I sail on the Dawn on Friday. Princess said the fire was handled and it was all over very quickly and the ship was on its way again.

I didn't see anything about this on here. I did a search, nothing came up. So apologies if it's already been reported and discussed.

There was an electrical fire on the Dawn on 11/8. No injuries but passengers had to report first to cabins and then to muster stations.

Report I read said Princess handled it very we'll.

Walker is quick to criticize and others are quick to praise the cruise line. Somewhere in the middle is likely the more appropriate perspective but since no one really knows the extent or cause of the fire, it will likely be a while before we know. The Coast Guard needs to be immediately dispatched to any cruise ship to get a first hand look at the extent of damage.

"12:11 p.m. EST) -- Passengers onboard Dawn Princess were called to muster for an hour after a fire occurred in an electrical substation, Princess Cruises confirmed to Cruise Critic. The incident occurred November 8 while the ship sailed between Wellington and Napier in New Zealand. There were no passenger or crew injuries and the itinerary did not need to be altered.

--by Dori Saltzman, News Editor -quoted from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5609

Seems to me that calling passengers to their muster station and holding them there for an hour indicates a potentially serious situation - and three cheers for the captain to take such precautions when there is a fire on board.

Ask questions about what happened and why?

1) There are things called airplanes

2) Okay then, you are right. No need to investigate cruise ship fires.

Why would US coast guard investigate a fire on a ship that is based in Australia, registered in Hamilton, and has not visited the US for a few years?

Do US coast Guard usually investigate any ship incident round the world? I dont think so..

1) There are things called airplanes

2) Okay then, you are right. No need to investigate cruise ship fires.

Got a flight to NZ lately? A little longer than a few hours and land where - on the Dawn??

Don't think the US coast guard would be the ones investigating this esp if it was handled, no injuries etc etc