“Live” from the "Allure of the Seas": Western - Nov 17-24,2013

Hello My Cruising Friends…

I'm happy once again to bring you along with me and sail on-board the beautiful Allure of the Seas.

On Sunday I'll be boarding the Allure of the Seas for a 7 night sail and I invite you all to cruise along with me! Saturday morning I will make my way toward Fort Lauderdale and check into the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina followed by meeting up with members of our roll call. Later in the day on Saturday I'm hoping to watch Lady Oasis sail off for her 7 day journey.

My cruise adventures began around 265 days ago when I booked my cruise on the Freedom of the Seas after looking at sailings for both the Freedom and Allure of the Seas. This was a big and long awaited quest to finally sail on the Freedom of the Seas. I booked a Promenade Room and got at the time what I felt was a super rate. Then it happened about 80 days out when I was checking pricing on both the Freedom and Allure I came across pricing with Allure that I simply couldn't turn down, so right at final payment I made the switch to Allure of the Seas and upgraded from a Promenade Room to a Boardwalk Balcony, paying less than my initial booking on the Freedom. I'll be staying on deck 11, fairly close to the "Not so Secret balcony". The day before the ship switch I had been drinking coffee out of my Margaritaville Jamaica mug along with goofing around with my puppy, when the mug suddenly fell on the floor and broke. That was it, the broken mug had set the stage for switching ships. So now here I am about to board the wonderful and beautiful Lady Allure in just two days!

Poor Mug, it will never be the same again...

null_zps3de3731c.jpg

It will be good to visit Jamaica again though as I had a great time there last November. Oh yeah and get a new mug, after all that's why I'm going there. Yeah, that's it I'm going to Jamaica to get my replacement mug. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-) My trip to Jamaica last November was when I was aboard the Carnival Freedom, that exciting trip and "Live" report is located HERE.

RCCL-ALLURE-OF-THE-SEAS-120_zps0feecde2.jpg

I'm so excited to be going aboard the "Allure of the Seas". My infatuation with Allure began after I had read Radio's "Live" report locatedHERE and reading Gambee's picture review located HERE. It was later followed by Bugsy4271's "Live" report of the Oasis of the Seas which is locatedHERE.

Another thing very exciting about this cruise is there are "Dueling" "Live" from's taking place. My fellow "Live From" blogger friend Bugsy4271 is also doing a "Live" , his "Live" from is located HERE. Bugsy4271 always has great "Live" trip reports, pictures and adventures, it's an honor to be on the same sailing as him. Trainman-2 recently did a "Live" from the Allure this past September, his most recent "Live" is located HERE.

One thing that is nice about this trip is the "Unlimited Internet" package that is available which is a "Live" from trip reporters dream. :-)

Shortly after I switched to the Allure I gracefully booked the Prohibition Event, Central Park Dining Package (Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table & 150 Park Central), Ultimate Drink package and times to the following shows: Chicago, Ocean Aria, Stand Up Comedy Show, Headliner Showtime, Blue Planet & Ice Games. I'm not sure if I'll actually make it to all the shows as I'm not a big show type person but figure I ought to at least make the attempt and avoid a standby line if I decide to go. Such a stressful week is in store with so many things to see and do! :-\ Whatever will I do with all this stress? :-)

Additional exciting things to look forward to during this cruise: Dragon's Breath Flight, Mr. Sanchos Beach Club, Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa.

I'm also honored to be cruising at the same time with members of the Pink Boa & Pink Fedora cruisers. Fun, Feathers & Friends. Meeting new fun cruisers for creating new cruise adventures are the theme, so what a perfect mix. After all isn't that what cruising is all about? So many new and exciting adventures are in store for us over the next week! One week surely will not be enough time. I surely know by day one I'll be wishing it were a B2B cruise. :-)

With my trip reports I try to make them more of a report with pictures than a review. It is also my goal to make you the reader feel as though you're on the ship virtually. That's my attempt, not sure I always fully succeed though. I'm sure, no wait, I won't live up to Middle Age Drama Queen's solo Lady Allure cruise as far as the details by each deck. If you want a really good layout of the ship by each deck to get your bearings, then you need to go to her review HERE. Another great review and pictures, be sure to check out Gambee's review which is located HERE. Humor wise there is no way I can live up to Maureencruiser's wonderful review with great humor, her report is located HERE, but I'll do my best to make you chuckle :-) This cruise will be another exciting solo cruise, I've got to tell you, solo cruising has now become my preferred method of cruising.

Earlier this year, back in April I cruised on the Jewel of the Seas, that "Live" trip is located HERE. Then I was fortunate enough to cruise Back-2-Back in July on the Enchantment of the Seas, that "Live" trip report is located HERE. My next "Live" cruise report will be on the Brilliance of the Seas on December 12th.

My itinerary during the next 7 days and 7 nights:

AllureItinaryNovember2013_zps120a00a1.jpg

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax and lets all go cruising!

Till a later time, soon to be "Live" from the "Allure of the Seas"!

*** I'm aware of the "Propulsion" issues with the Allure that seem to only be affecting the "Eastern Itinerary", I'll be sailing the "Western Itinerary". Please don't ask in this live report about that situation, there are other threads for that topic. I will at times post the ships speed as I normally do with my "Live" reports and will report back if I hear or a situation involves myself and my fellow passengers. ***

To help keep you entertained during this brief period from when I started this thread and board Lady Allure, check out some of the cool you tube videos located below. :-)

Royal Reunion Short video- Allure of the Seas

Allure of Seas Crew area

Allure Ad

Allure May 2013

Allure near crash in Jamaica

Allure of the Seas ship tour 2012

CC Member Swims Awesome Allure Videos

Allure

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Hello My Cruising Friends…

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax and lets all go cruising!

Till a later time, soon to be "Live" from the "Allure of the Seas"!

*** I'm aware of the "Propulsion" issues with the Allure that seem to only be affecting the "Eastern Itinerary", I'll be sailing the "Western Itinerary". Please don't ask in this live report about that situation, there are other threads for that topic. I will at times post the ships speed as I normally do with my "Live" reports and will report back if I hear or a situation involves myself and my fellow passengers. ***

To help keep you entertained during this brief period from when I started this thread and board Lady Allure, check out some of the cool you tube videos located below. :-)>>>>>>>>

Hello my cruising and blogging buddy! Thanks for the heads up! I will be following along intently! Looking forward to it! Cheers, S

It is also my goal to make you the reader feel as though you're on the ship

You'll achieve that goal with us, we'll be right there with you!!! Can't wait for the week to start, and the full moon is heading out with us on the first night.

You'll achieve that goal with us, we'll be right there with you!!! Can't wait for the week to start, and the full moon is heading out with us on the first night.

Also have the Leonid meteor showers Sunday night after midnight!!

Ok You definitely caught my attention.

I cannot wait to follow along with you, and your postings. I hope they will keep me satisfied till next July.

By the way - - - - -

Do you have any future plans for sailing the Allure again, lets say next JULY 27???

Safe journey

Cannot wait

Sea Ya

will be there too!! see ya Sunday!

See you on the ship! :)

Wow another one thank you!

Thanks for following along! Fun adventures to follow.

Hello my cruising and blogging buddy! Thanks for the heads up! I will be following along intently! Looking forward to it! Cheers, S

So glad you're able to go along cruising with me even if it is via the internet waves. :D

Am so excited we will all finally be able to meet up! Fun filled days at sea are in store for all of us! :)

Fantastic start. Dueling live reports love it!!

Thanks for following along!

Can't wait to sail along with you!!

Thanks for following along!

Have a great trip! Will catch up on yours when I get back from mine!

Have a great cruise! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures when you return. :D

Ok You definitely caught my attention.

I cannot wait to follow along with you, and your postings. I hope they will keep me satisfied till next July.

By the way - - - - -

Do you have any future plans for sailing the Allure again, lets say next JULY 27???

Safe journey

Cannot wait

Sea Ya

Thanks for following along. You never know about next July, that is the time period I generally will go on a cruise. To soon for me to book now, but I know that this trip on Allure surely won't be enough.

Excellent! I post the link to your LIVE in my signature so people can check it out :)

Thanks! We've got a super week in store for us!

Woohoo...not just one but two!!!!!

Thanks for sailing along with us. Enjoy the Allure "Steroized". :D

Checking in and I am smiling :) One day we will sail together too. Have fun with my Pink Boa Cruiser friends.:):)

Love your location of cabin. My location of choice when booking 'the twins'

So close to "Emmy's Sail away Spot' The webcam will spot all of you:D

Checking in and I am smiling :) One day we will sail together too. Have fun with my Pink Boa Cruiser friends.:):)

Thanks for sailing along Emmy! :D Can't wait to sport my Fedora for the first "Official" time. I'm hoping my room is on the dock side too. Believe I'm on the starboard side of the ship.

We are up for an exciting cruise!

Thanks for taking us along!! I will be following your report and Bugsy's!

Would you mind telling us about the new drinks packages? I'd especially like to know if the $55 package includes Vintages self-serve or not? You must have prebooked your package, so it will be interesting to see how everything is handled!

Have a great cruise!

Hi Emmy and Mr Fun in the Sun..the Pink Boa Cruisers will be having fun again on this trip along with Bugsy and Mr Fun/Sun.. can't wait to see those Pink Boas waving and those pink fedoras!

First time for you to cruise with the PBC's Mr FunInTheSun? You'll love them!

I'll be reading this blog/live review every day! along with Bugsy's!

Host Corkey