Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Holiday Exchange 2014

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holiday Exchange 2014
Celebrate the Holidays of Season with your Cruise Critic Friends -- Thanksgiving - Hanukkah - Christmas - Kwanza - The New Year

Old November 17th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Black Friday Shopping while Cruising - HELP!

So this is the first time ever that I will not be on land for Black Friday. Taking advantage of those sales is built into my Christmas budget! Anyone know if you can get same or similar deals online? If so, it may be worth it for me to invest in some wifi $$. We will he in Nassau on the 29th. I am mostly interested in Toys R Us, Walmart and Target. We have lots of kids to shop for and now I'm freaking out a little because I normally do ALL my holiday shopping on that one day. Nobody in my family will go for me - especially since I'm not cooking T Day dinner this year. They actually postponed TDay to when I get back! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

8 days!! Yay!

First time cruiser!
Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Old November 20th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I think the online sales should be good, too. There is something called Cyber Monday that I hear about. I think that is all the best deals for online stuff. I didn't notice if the kids are coming on the cruise, if they are, THAT is the best Xmas gift, in my opinion. Good Luck!!

Old November 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Actually, you don't have to wait until Black Friday to find good deals. Many stores have already begun having sales. If you know what you're looking for, and know your prices, you can find some good sales right now. And don't be too surprised to find department stores having sales all through December. Try to relax and enjoy your cruise and get shopping out of your mind for a week. After all, Christmas is about spending quality time with your family, NOT what's under the tree. I have a saying: At Christmas, when you're a kid, you look forward to what's under the tree. When you're an adult, you look forward to what's on the table. ( I've got enough socks and ties. Let me have some of Mama's good home cooking.)

CRUISES
Carnival Liberty May 2013
Carnival Liberty May 2012
Carnival Sensation Feb. 2008
Carnival Destiny Feb. 2007
RCCL Explorer of the Seas March 2002
RCCL Majesty of the Seas Dec. 2000
Carnival Imagination Sept. 1999
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Feb. 1999
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 1997

Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
50,000+ Club

I would just shop on line.

Keith

Old November 25th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks everyone. I've been checking online and since Hanukkah is early, lots of sales have started!! I'm not going to stress about this anymore because I'm going to enjoy my vacation!!!!

First time cruiser!

Old November 27th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default black friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingalizzi View Post
So this is the first time ever that I will not be on land for Black Friday. Taking advantage of those sales is built into my Christmas budget! Anyone know if you can get same or similar deals online? If so, it may be worth it for me to invest in some wifi $$. We will he in Nassau on the 29th. I am mostly interested in Toys R Us, Walmart and Target. We have lots of kids to shop for and now I'm freaking out a little because I normally do ALL my holiday shopping on that one day. Nobody in my family will go for me - especially since I'm not cooking T Day dinner this year. They actually postponed TDay to when I get back! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

8 days!! Yay!

First time cruiser!
i have to tell you that this year black friday is now already started. the deals are right now. they have anticipated a slow year so they are trying to get the deals now to recoup what they missed for the year. start now before black friday and ask if this happens to be cheaper on black friday will they make it right for you.you will be surprised what they will do do for you to make a sale. no worries. i am a # 1 shopper and a great bargain hunter and can leave the mall with 20 gifts and only pay 10.00. my familly tease me all the time. i get the great deals and no junk either.
rccl mariner of the seas
rccl liberty of the seas 2007
rccl legend of the seas
ncl Norway
holland america westerdam 2008
carnival valor
carnival victory
carnival dream
celebrity millinium
and others i can't remember