Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old December 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by mkazmer, bort31, OurWay2Go, Aldania & gigi5601!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

MSC Divina Divina Cruise November 23 by mkazmer
This was the first 7 night sailing of the Divina from her new port in Miami. The Divina is a new ship for MSC and carries a max passenger load of 4363. She will be sailing year round now from Miami Florida. Let me tell you a little about us. We are a retired couple who cruise a lot (this cruise was number 41) and we live in Florida. We began cruising in 1987. Cruise ships were a lot different then. We cruise for relaxation and to get away from the world for a week or more and enjoy the Caribbean a lot. We have sailed with MSC before – on the Lirica (7 days) in March of 2006, and on the Poesia (10 days) in January of 2010. These ships were beautiful, the food was terrible we thought and doubted that we would ever sail MSC again. We got an offer for this cruise that was very good and thought why not – we know what to stay away from food-wise and had read that they were changing a few things to cater more to the American market since they would be sailing full time from Miami. Continue reading... Divina Cruise November 23

Celebrity Xpedition Help for those who want to do 7-day only! by bort31
We had an excellent experience in the Galapagos on Celebrity Xpedition. Other people have detailed the itineraries and ship in great detail, and the ongoing discussion in the Role Call is quite helpful. The vast majority of people do the 10- or 11-night package that includes time in Quito and a charter flight to and from Baltra. Unfortunately, my work schedule prohibited us from arriving in Ecuador until Saturday, so we booked the 7-night package only. Having completed the experience, here are some helpful hints for those trying to get to Baltra on their own. Booking flights: currently there are five non-charter flights to Baltra every Sunday--two with Aerogal, two with TAME and one on LAN. All originate in Quito, stopover in Guayaquil and then head to Baltra. LAN has the most user-friendly website, and it's easy to price and book flights, but the flight lands in Baltra just before noon (Galapagos time), which seemed too late. Continue reading... Help for those who want to do 7-day only!

Oasis of the Seas Excellent Oasis Cruise - Loved It!! by OurWay2Go
2013-11-23 Oasis of the Seas – Cruise Critic Review This was our 9th cruise since Feb. 2012. We have sailed on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess, but mostly on Royal Caribbean. We are older seniors and don’t do Rock Wall Climbing or Flow Riders. We are Snow Birds from NY and spend the winter in Florida. We drove our car and parked at Park and Go. They handled our luggage and gave us prompt service both coming to and leaving the ship. A good experience. I loved the Oasis!! It’s big and beautiful – easy to navigate (thanks to lots of signage and the electronic touch screen directories). Central Park was amazing. This is where the Specialty Restaurants and the marvelous Park Café are. As you look up, you can see the sky. The Promenade was where all the action took place. We didn’t spend much time out by the Aqua Theater because we had some rain. Speaking of rain, we had some high winds and seas, but this was the most stable of ships. No motion on the ocean. Continue reading... Excellent Oasis Cruise - Loved It!!

Norwegian Epic I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CRUISE, IT WAS AMAZING!!!! by Aldania
I’m going to complain about the complainers! I am just so saddened by all of the negative remarks I see about this amazing ship. I’m convinced people just want to complain about things just to see if they can get something out of it for free! I would recommend the Norweigian Epic to anyone! WITHOUT HESITATION! My husband, 5 year old son and I went on the 7 day Cruise leaving from Miami on Saturday November 16th. Check-in was a breeze! Once we arrived at the port we were on the ship in twenty minutes! And oh by the way, we were not early, we arrived at 1:00 pm! You would think it would be a mad house, but it wasn’t! Continue reading... I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CRUISE, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Carnival Breeze Interesting Thanksgiving on the Breeze by gigi5601
To start off with a bit of background, we are experienced cruisers having taken almost 40 cruises already (mostly in the Caribbean). We are platinum on Carnival and this was our 17th cruise with the line. To say that we were disappointed was an understatement. Our bad experience actually caused us to get a cruise critic account and write a bad review. This is my first review so bear with me. To start, embarkation was relatively uneventful. We were running late and arrived at the terminal at around 2:45. The new terminal Carnival uses is nice and functional. Check-in was smooth and we were on the ship in a matter of 15 minutes. Our first bad experience came from lunch. Naturally, we expected the lido to be closed due to our late arrival, but this was such a violent shut down Continue reading... Interesting Thanksgiving on the Breeze

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; December 16th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.