beer and brauts

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:16 AM.
Harrisburg area
1,425 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by philbob84
Does any line do a oktoberfest and how is it?
Royal Caribbean does not offer this that I know of, except on Allure of the Seas, in a way, which has a small, complimentary venue serving various sausages, including a bratwurst. (Note that "Braut" in German is bride, so "beer and brauts" would be an interesting diversion, and different from eating bratwurst with beer.)

I suppose you could get a bratwurst and then a beer elsewhere on Allure, and you'd be as close to Oktoberfest as is likely to happen in the Caribbean.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising since November 2008,
always on RCI—Adventure, Oasis, Freedom, Allure, Explorer, Vision, Serenade—
as well as an upcoming cruise Freedom in November 2017
169 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by CntPAcruiser
.(Note that "Braut" in German is bride, so "beer and brauts" would be an interesting diversion, and different from eating bratwurst with beer.)
It would also be something that could stick with you a VERY long time...
Harrisburg area
1,425 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by CntPAcruiser
Royal Caribbean does not offer this that I know of, except on Allure of the Seas, in a way, which has a small, complimentary venue serving various sausages, including a bratwurst. (Note that "Braut" in German is bride, so "beer and brauts" would be an interesting diversion, and different from eating bratwurst with beer.)

I suppose you could get a bratwurst and then a beer elsewhere on Allure, and you'd be as close to Oktoberfest as is likely to happen in the Caribbean.
Originally posted by WoodyWindy
It would also be something that could stick with you a VERY long time...
True, the longest sentence in the English language is "I do."
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising since November 2008,
always on RCI—Adventure, Oasis, Freedom, Allure, Explorer, Vision, Serenade—
as well as an upcoming cruise Freedom in November 2017
Canton, MA
623 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
The NCL Spirit has a Bier Garden on the top deck that has a german-style buffet lunch on certain days. The Brats and sauerkraut were good, but nothing amazing. I also don't recall them actually selling any beer made in Germany, though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
1/2015: Adventure of the Seas - Eastern & Southern Caribbean
5/2009: Norwegian Spirit - Bermuda
8/2005: Voyager of The Seas - Western Caribbean
8/2003: Serenade of The Seas - Canada & New England Inaugural Public Voyage
6/2003: Majesty of The Seas - Bahamas