Wine & Beer?

Earlier this month my DH and I purchased the Wine & Dine package. Since we usually order wine each night at dinner, this was well worth it. There is a limited menu which you order from, but for us it was fine. Definitely saved some money using the package.

On the last night of our cruise we still had 1 unopened bottle to use and the Maitre D allowed us to take the bottle with us so we could share it with our new friends in the Schooner Bar. We toasted our new friendship as we said good bye:( .

I am planning on taking a case of wine (buuble-wrapped) as a carry-on, on my flight to FL.

Once in FL, I plan to stash two bottles in each suitcase (4).

I was told that this is a pretty easy thing to do because the RCCL people are pretty cool about this.

Just wanted to let you know that there is a service called "Just Because of You" that will deliver beer or wine to your cabin before the ship sails. We did a quick calculation of the case of beer vs the price of beer on the ship at the bars. My hubby says that you will pay $2.00 a can if the service delivers vs about $3.75 plus tip on the ship!!! So, it saves $$$$....they will only allow two cases of beer per cabin, don't know how much wine????

We have friends out on the Carnival ship right now that used the service and will let us know how it went when they get home.

Our group is sailing in March 06 and plan to use the service.

If you need I can provide the phone #.

*($ RCI. I wish they would make up their minds about taking wine onboard. On one hand they say it is not allowed on the other they have a corkage fee! This is my number one complaint with them. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

We sailed 4/3 on the Mariner and I can let you know that the ones that cruised with us took cases of beer on with them they ever took a cooler on wheels that was checked in at crubside. the only thing they were told was the cooler had to be made so it would not open, whick was accomplished by the sticky tags for the luggage. They also took liquor and wine with no problem, they happily drank all week.

Earlier this month my DH and I purchased the Wine & Dine package. Since we usually order wine each night at dinner, this was well worth it. There is a limited menu which you order from, but for us it was fine. Definitely saved some money using the package.

On the last night of our cruise we still had 1 unopened bottle to use and the Maitre D allowed us to take the bottle with us so we could share it with our new friends in the Schooner Bar. We toasted our new friendship as we said good bye:( .

So am I reading this right....purchase the Wine and Dine package for ??$$$??

And you get how many bottles of wine? Does it work for wine you have with your dinner at Portofinos?

Yes they deliver to the pier in Miami....we are going on the Brilliance March 17, 2006.

Here's the number: 1-800-882-9707

Ask for Shelley and tell her Judi Kozar referred you....she is a sweetheart to deal with.

Have a good trip

JUDI

Yes we would like the number of Just because of you, we are taking the Brilliance in Feb, this is in Miami right?

Yes they deliver to the pier in Miami....we are going on the Brilliance March 17, 2006.

Here's the number: 1-800-882-9707

Ask for Shelley and tell her Judi Kozar referred you....she is a sweetheart to deal with.

Have a good trip

JUDI

Sorry to be dumb but you said they deliver to the pier, how does it get to your cabin?

Cher

Just wanted to let you know that there is a service called "Just Because of You" that will deliver beer or wine to your cabin before the ship sails. We did a quick calculation of the case of beer vs the price of beer on the ship at the bars. My hubby says that you will pay $2.00 a can if the service delivers vs about $3.75 plus tip on the ship!!! So, it saves $$$$....they will only allow two cases of beer per cabin, don't know how much wine????

We have friends out on the Carnival ship right now that used the service and will let us know how it went when they get home.

Our group is sailing in March 06 and plan to use the service.

If you need I can provide the phone #.

I've sailed on RCCL (Rhapsody of the Seas) 3 different times, and I've never heard of this service - thus I just learned something new! DH would have loved to have this service with the beer and so would the other couple we traveled with this past week. :)

Okay Cher....I just got off with Just Because of You. Lori said that domestic beers are about $40 a case, of which you can have two cases per cabin. Then there is an $8 fee charged them and reflected on to you from the cruise line. Therein the total price would be $48 for the case. If you are paying $3.75 + gratuity on the ship for a beer, this is still a price break. Granted not what you would pay at home, BUT!!!

Now, the wine issue.....she can send as much as a case of wine on board to a cabin. The price will be determined by the type of wine....which will still be cheaper than on the ship, except that the ships selection may NOT include you favorite! If you take the wine into the dining room they may ask for a corkage fee, just quietly tell the waiter that you would rather just give him a tip(less a few dollars that the corkage fee is, I think $9) and if no manager is in ear shot they will usually take it. Or, drink the wine other than the dining area.....be sure to bring a corkscrew.

Hope this all helps.....any other questions, just ask!!!

Judi

Sorry to be dumb but you said they deliver to the pier, how does it get to your cabin?

Cher

Hi there, just so you know that this service has been around a long time. They are used for business persons who want to send gifts to hotels to incoming guests etc. They deliver to most ports in the Miami...Ft. Lauderdale area. Shelly and Lori are excellent and fun to work with. Your package will probably come to your cabin in the form of a gift wrapped item!!!! Have fun!!

Judi

I've sailed on RCCL (Rhapsody of the Seas) 3 different times, and I've never heard of this service - thus I just learned something new! DH would have loved to have this service with the beer and so would the other couple we traveled with this past week. :)

You may want to call the 800 # and see, but it is available at most of the ports in Florida. Good luck with it and post here if it is available there.

Judi

Is this type of delivery service available in Port Canaveral?

Okay Cher....I just got off with Just Because of You. Lori said that domestic beers are about $40 a case, of which you can have two cases per cabin. Then there is an $8 fee charged them and reflected on to you from the cruise line. Therein the total price would be $48 for the case. If you are paying $3.75 + gratuity on the ship for a beer, this is still a price break. Granted not what you would pay at home, BUT!!!

Now, the wine issue.....she can send as much as a case of wine on board to a cabin. The price will be determined by the type of wine....which will still be cheaper than on the ship, except that the ships selection may NOT include you favorite! If you take the wine into the dining room they may ask for a corkage fee, just quietly tell the waiter that you would rather just give him a tip(less a few dollars that the corkage fee is, I think $9) and if no manager is in ear shot they will usually take it. Or, drink the wine other than the dining area.....be sure to bring a corkscrew.

Hope this all helps.....any other questions, just ask!!!

Judi

Judi

By a case do you mean 12 or 24? If 24 that sounds good, we don't drink beer but some of the rest of our party does. I will call about the wine soon we have 7 months yet before we go.

Thanks for your trouble.

Cher

Cher....yes a case is 2 12 packs or 24!! So, our guys didn't think that was too bad. Here's another secret. You are only allowed 2 "cases" or 48 cans or bottles to a room. So, those of you that don't drink the beer can let your friends buy and pay for a "gift" to your room that they will pick up later!!!

More than one way to skin the cat!!!

Hope this helps!

Judi

Judi

By a case do you mean 12 or 24? If 24 that sounds good, we don't drink beer but some of the rest of our party does. I will call about the wine soon we have 7 months yet before we go.

Thanks for your trouble.

Cher

Just got off the phone with "Just Because of You". Port Canaveral delivery was a little more expensive... $55 for a case of domestic cans. Unfortunately we like Corona Light which only comes in bottles... $70 a case. I think that's still cheaper than the ship... $2.92 vs. $3.75 a beer.

Can we buckets of Corona Light on the ship? Is that getting 6 for the price of 5?

Archived