Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by mployhar, travelady65, serenajoy, scottyhouston & queenL!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Sun Family Cruising on the Norwegian Sun by mployhar
I must let you know that this is not the first cruise our family has gone on, but it was the first time we booked a cruise on the Norwegian line. Our very first cruise was on the Disney Magic for just a 3 day short cruise to Disney's private island and back - it was a trip which was combined with a stay in Disney world and my husband's parents were the ones to arrange everything as the vacation was for my husband's siblings and their families in celebration of his parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was another 10+ years before we booked our next cruise, and this time we booked a 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to the western Caribbean/South America on the Holland line. And, four years after that cruise we took a cruise out of New Orleans to the Western Caribbean on the Royal Caribbean line. Each trip has been so different and each cruise line has its "likes" and "dislikes" from our family's perspective. We have found that for us, sailing on the newest ships with all of the different special features, like rock climbing walls, characters, ice skating rinks, and water slides, are fun for a short while but they really do not make a cruise. Rather, we have found it is the staff of the ship and the ports that the ship visits which make or break a cruise vacation for us. Continue reading... Family Cruising on the Norwegian Sun

MSC Divina Sailed the MSC Divina on December 7, 2013 by travelady65
Let me start off by saying that i had the most wonderful and fabulous time on my 3 night sailing aboard the new MSC Divina.... I arrived down at the port of miami and terminal F at around 11:30 am in the morning...went through security and check in with a breeze... I then was given a number and was told to take a seat, until they got clearance that we can board the ship. I had number one for boarding, so when the ship was cleared i was on board by 12:30 in the afternoon. I then went up to the buffet for lunch. The food was amazing...I absolutely love Italian Food so i was in my glory. All the food was presented very well, and it was delicious. Desserts were to die for. All of their breads, desserts, pastas, and pastries are made onboard the ship. You had a lot of different foods to choose from in the buffet. The meals in the dining rooms were very well presented also and delicious. Continue reading... Sailed the MSC Divina on December 7, 2013

Disney Dream First cruise experience, excellent overall by serenajoy
My family and I (myself, husband, two daughters age 9 & 3) had never been on a cruise before. We're Disney fans - we visit the WDW Resort annually - and thought that the Disney Cruise Line would be a great fit for us. We booked a 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Disney Dream. One day at sea, one day at Nassau, and one day at Disney's Castaway Cay. Check-in and embarkment were a breeze. Lines weren't too long (we arrived early) and the terminal was pleasant. It was nice to see characters in the terminal. Ship We were blown away by the beauty of the Disney Dream. The ship was extremely clean and well maintained. All the public areas were lovely. The attention to detail on the ship was exactly what I expected from Disney. And unlike the resorts, the characters actually do run around the ship quite a bit. My girls loved this. Continue reading... First cruise experience, excellent overall

Carnival Triumph Once Stranded Now Stunning by scottyhouston
To begin Iíd like to say that Iím an avid traveler both on cruises and on land. In fact, the cruise I just completed was my 19th cruise since 2000. This particular cruise review is based on my recent experience on the Carnival Triumph which is currently sailing from Galveston, Texas. The Triumph has a rotating cruise schedule whereby there are two back to back 5-day cruises, then a 4-day itinerary, then back to the two 5-day itineraries, then 4-day, etc, etc. For the 5-day itinerary you depart Galveston and immediately have a two nights and a full day at sea. Then you arrive into Progreso, Mexico as the first port of call. There is one day at this location after which you sail to Cozumel for a day, then back to sea for two nights and a full day back to Galveston. If you book the 4-day itinerary you will depart Galveston with two nights and a day at sea. Then youíll arrive into Cozumel for a day then back to sea for a full day back to Galveston. Continue reading... Once Stranded Now Stunning

Liberty of the Seas Awesome time on the Liberty 12/12 by queenL
Kidless couple aboard the Liberty of the Seas 12/12 sailing We just returned from an awesome cruise on the Liberty of Seas. It was our first cruise without our kids since we became parents (Yay!) It was long overdue and we had sooooo much fun. I think we were like kids at Christmas time. We were so excited to be able to take part in activities that we donít always get to enjoy when we have our kids with us. This was my 22nd cruise. I've sailed on NCL, Carnival, RCL, Princess, HAL, Celebrity, MSC, Norwegian and Disney. Embarkation- We flew in from Atlanta the morning of the cruise. We reserved a car through Alamo for the day we disembarked. Before we left the airport I wanted to inquire about the return shuttle pick up. While I was there I also asked whether the shuttle would take us to the pier even though our rental was scheduled for the return. The guy didnít know and told us to show our confirmation to the shuttle driver and see what happened. The driver was fine with it. Yay! We got roundtrip transportation to the pier. Note to self- book with Alamo again. Continue reading... Awesome time on the Liberty 12/12

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; January 2nd, 2014 at 03:52 PM.