MDC Club

cruisecluestoo

Just went to sign up for this and see that you have to sail after 2006. Seems unfair to me . We sailed on the Lirica 2004. As long as you have sailed this line you should qualify.Was looking forward to maybe a better discount or perk. I will keep looking

Diane:confused::confused:

Just went to sign up for this and see that you have to sail after 2006. Seems unfair to me . We sailed on the Lirica 2004. As long as you have sailed this line you should qualify.Was looking forward to maybe a better discount or perk. I will keep looking

You sailed 10 years ago on a cruise and expect to join their loyalty scheme off the back of it?

Weren't you the lady who was disappointed that they didn't receive special offers from MSC because you'd cruised with them before?

I don't think you've fully grasped how a loyalty scheme works......

We like to try as many lines as possible. Been on several lines that are no longer around . Do you just sail on one line.? I'd say you are a little critical and hostile. We are part of several loyalty programs and some lines we have never been back on but doesn't mean we won't. So sorry to up set you so much over nothing.

Diane

We like to try as many lines as possible. Been on several lines that are no longer around . Do you just sail on one line.? I'd say you are a little critical and hostile. We are part of several loyalty programs and some lines we have never been back on but doesn't mean we won't. So sorry to up set you so much over nothing.

Diane

You may call me critical and hostile for not agreeing with your expectation.

Despite your name calling you haven't upset me in the slightest.

That's because I'm a realist and the opinion of random people means nothing to me.

Enjoy your day.

I think you're being unrealistic, to expect to claim for a cruise so long ago. When I join an airline loyalty programme there is always a limitation on how far back I can claim credit for flights and often it is only within a calendar year. Can't really comment on the norm for cruise lines as I'm only in 2. Joined MSC's on 2006 after my third cruise with them and joined Costa's after my first.

Even if you can join after so long, perks are going to be minimal until you earn more points from lots of cruises with them.

• 7 months later...
You sailed 10 years ago on a cruise and expect to join their loyalty scheme off the back of it?

Weren't you the lady who was disappointed that they didn't receive special offers from MSC because you'd cruised with them before?

I don't think you've fully grasped how a loyalty scheme works......

Notice some of the gaps in years between our cruises in my wife's signature. 1st Royal Caribbean 1986, Next was 1999 (13 Years...the 1st cruise was honored). 1st Costa 1987, Next was 2006 (19 Years...the 1st cruise was honored). 1st HAL 1987, Next was 1998 (11 Years...the 1st cruise was honored). 1st Carnival 2006, Next was 2013 (7 Years...the 1st cruise was honored). Princess honored our Sitmar 1984, NCL honored our Royal Cruise Line.

One other even much more important issue...at that time, our MSC Lirca Review site (1,000's of our Photos, scanned Menus, scanned Bar Lists, Wine List, Cabin Photos, and much more) 1st in Google for several years after that cruise, when you had a hard time finding MSC before our cruise...so we were their primary US advertiser....and part of their early success in the US market.

How does a Loyalty scheme work? :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Why would they? Did they ask you to write it? Did you write it purely for them?

You do realise that they are a massive business who deals with hundreds of thousands of guests every year? You are just one of a very large number. Its nice to feel that you are special, but its also good to have a grip on reality.

Why would they? Did they ask you to write it? Did you write it purely for them?

You do realise that they are a massive business who deals with hundreds of thousands of guests every year? You are just one of a very large number. Its nice to feel that you are special, but its also good to have a grip on reality.

I did contact them and tell them I was going to help them...they may have scoffed at the idea...but take a look. At the time they were NOT a massive business, except for SHIPPING...they only had the rather old MSC Melody operating in the US Market...and most cruise agents were saying to stay away from them.

Have you ever looked at my personal Cruiseclues website?...If you look...you will have an idea...otherwise you won't hope to realize...it's a huge amount of work and I let it go for a few years...brought it back in November 2011...but with all the work I think I should spend much more time on a site that will probably draw as much traffic but not be about cruising. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Have you ever looked at my personal Cruiseclues website?...If you look...you will have an idea...otherwise you won't hope to realize...it's a huge amount of work and I let it go for a few years...brought it back in November 2011...but with all the work I think I should spend much more time on a site that will probably draw as much traffic but not be about cruising. :):):):)

Yikes!!! I once bought a house that colour. :eek: It went up tens of thousands of dollars in value once we painted it!

I am sure your website is a precious labor of love for you. However, I am not sure it really conveys the kind of image that MSC would be anxious to be aligned with so I am sure you can understand if they weren't falling over themselves to court you.

PS. I do love how so many seem to assume that getting into the American market must be the pinnacle of MSCs ambition. :p

My site has much more cruise information on all the different cruise subjects than any other site...because it has links to just about all of the cruise sites out there...organized information...probably overwhelming you. I believe that there is likely nothing else on the internet under any subject like it... primarily because I believe that I'm NOT the only one who knows all these details...everyone has a voice.

Since I believe you have not looked at my site...I believe we have exhausted any possibility of further discussion, at least until you do... It is too much information for many people...but some find it a godsend. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Goodness! Yes! Organized information? Indeed it probably would overwhelm me - after all, I'm just a stay at home mum who likes to read about cruises (and I have just the two tertiary degrees and instead of working a real job I run a multimillion dollar property portfolio from the kitchen bench and occasionally the dining table along with managing a family of six boys plus husband and dog).

Sadly we shall never know whether I could handle the sheer volume of information your site presents as I was overwhelmed by the background color long before I managed to read anything on the home page. Such a shame!

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

One other even much more important issue...at that time, our MSC Lirca Review site (1,000's of our Photos, scanned Menus, scanned Bar Lists, Wine List, Cabin Photos, and much more) 1st in Google for several years after that cruise, when you had a hard time finding MSC before our cruise...so we were their primary US advertiser....and part of their early success in the US market

Wow.

I brought some peanut butter M&M's back from holiday this week and the whole office enjoyed them. Perhaps I should contact Mars.......?

Why has this thread been resurrected?

Probably because he finally thought of a comeback.

I hate it when that happens...you think of what you should have said afterwards - or in this case loooooong afterwards. :p

Are you a little confused? I wasn't the original OP...so...comeback NO. :):):):)

Wow.

I brought some peanut butter M&M's back from holiday this week and the whole office enjoyed them. Perhaps I should contact Mars.......?

Why has this thread been resurrected?

I see you aren't responding to my response to your remarks to the OP. Are they something you would rather not think about? My point is that MSC is the only line doing the not honoring previous cruises (before a certain date). So, your remark about "I don't think you've fully grasped how a loyalty scheme works......" might apply to you as well. :):):):)

Are you a little confused? I wasn't the original OP...so...comeback NO. :):):):)

We are all confused.....seems our little minds can't cope with you and your wife using such similar user names.

I still don't get this air of entitlement you both seem to have. The Club did not exist when you cruised with them, so it doesn't qualify - get over it!

As for your sit, had never heard from it until now and I can't see how you think it would have had any part in building MSC's business in the US. In the years following your cruise, the replaced some years with the Opera. I sailed on some of those and also a Lirica repo out of the US. Passengers were predominantly European. It wasn't until MSC started sending the newer Musica Class (first Orchestra then Poesia) that they started getting noticed in the US but in a very small way. It has only taken off with the immense publicity for the Divina home porting in Miami for a while and they Americanised it too.

Whilst they are no doubt interested in building US bookings, it will remain small potatoes for them compared to other established markets in the Med, Douth America and possibly South Africa.

I see you aren't responding to my response to your remarks to the OP. Are they something you would rather not think about? My point is that MSC is the only line doing the not honoring previous cruises (before a certain date). So, your remark about "I don't think you've fully grasped how a loyalty scheme works......" might apply to you as well. :):):):)

I doubt any response I could make would satisfy or appease you.

[quote name=AmoMondo;43667911I still don't get this air of entitlement you both seem to have. The Club did not exist when you cruised with them' date=' so it doesn't qualify - get over it!

.[/quote]

Thank you for your other observations and information.

We don't feel we are the only ones who should get benefit for past cruises. Everyone should...it even makes good business sense...as to try to bring you into their fold anytime the opportunity presents itself...they don't really give you much, especially in the beginning. We believe this site is named Cruise Critic for a reason...and businesses probably want to know what their consumers think (hopefully). I will take your advice and get over it...especially since I have nothing more to say about it on this thread. :):):):)

We are all confused.....seems our little minds can't cope with you and your wife using such similar user names.

I still don't get this air of entitlement you both seem to have. The Club did not exist when you cruised with them, so it doesn't qualify - get over it!

As for your sit, had never heard from it until now and I can't see how you think it would have had any part in building MSC's business in the US. In the years following your cruise, the replaced some years with the Opera. I sailed on some of those and also a Lirica repo out of the US. Passengers were predominantly European. It wasn't until MSC started sending the newer Musica Class (first Orchestra then Poesia) that they started getting noticed in the US but in a very small way. It has only taken off with the immense publicity for the Divina home porting in Miami for a while and they Americanised it too.

Whilst they are no doubt interested in building US bookings, it will remain small potatoes for them compared to other established markets in the Med, Douth America and possibly South Africa.

Thank you for your observations and information.

We don't feel we are the only ones who should get benefit for past cruises. Everyone should...it even makes good business sense...as to try to bring you into their fold anytime the opportunity presents itself...they don't really give you much, especially in the beginning. We believe this site is named Cruise Critic for a reason...and businesses probably want to know what their consumers think (hopefully). I will take your advice and get over it...especially since I have nothing more to say about it on this thread. :):):):)