Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old January 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by Mac2599, fltam, dmwnc1959, Gppacek & MrsB05!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Breakaway WONDERFUL SHIP and AMAZING CREW! Great vacation!! by Mac2599
Just arrived from a 7-week cruise to Florida and the Bahamas and had an amazing time on the new and beautiful Norwegian Breakaway. Before embarking on the cruise I read a lot of the reviews here on cruise critic and was a bit skeptical about certain things. Many of the reviews here complained about things that I would have a difficult time dealing with on a vacation. This was my 4th cruise and 2nd with NCL. We were a group of 13 of which I was the "leader". All of us in the group enjoyed this ship and would definitely sail both on Breakaway and NCL again. I will mention things in this review that I was told by members of my group as well and will try to be as detailed as possible so I apologize in advance for the length of this review. Continue reading... WONDERFUL SHIP and AMAZING CREW! Great vacation!!

Eurodam Great Time - Beautiful Ports by fltam
This is our second cruise on Holland America and we had a wonderful time! It was a short cruise, only 4 days. We visited Nassau Bahamas (where we had our honeymoon many years ago)...and Key West and Half Moon Key (Hal's private Island). Embarkment was quick and easy. We arrived late so we got on very quickly and went straight to our room and missed our Mariner Lunch - oh well next time. We upgraded to a Neptune Suite which was very nice. On our previous cruise we had a Superior Verandah. The Neptune Suite was larger but looked very similar in decor to the Superior Veranda on Zuiderdam. The artwork throughout this ship was amazing. The stunning hanging glass sculpture in the atrium was a marvel to look at. We loved the Christmas decorations throughout the ship as well. Continue reading... Great Time - Beautiful Ports

Royal Princess A wonderful cruise experience on a truly gorgeous ship! by dmwnc1959
EMBARKATION: I arrived by shuttle bus from my hotel quite early, around 9:30am, and was third in line. Before the main entry doors opened at 10:15am, they had already handed out the Health Questionnaire, then all the Priority Embarkation passengers (Suites, Elite, Platinum) were allowed in first. It only took a few minutes to get my key card, and then we were all directed to a separate seating area on the backside of the first floor that faced the ship. This seating area quickly filled up over the next hour. Continue reading... A wonderful cruise experience on a truly gorgeous ship!

Viking Ingvar Viking River Cruise Waterways of the Czars August 11 - 23, 2013 by Gppacek
Started at the Star Alliance Business Class Lounge at LAX. Understand that a new lounge will soon open. That's good because the current lounge is shabby. Not much of an upgrade from US airline club lounges. Food consisted mostly of bags of chips. Not much else. Lufthansa flight # 457. Upper deck. Business Class. 747-800. Beautiful plane inside. Big screen tv and storage next to the window. Carry on suitcase will not fit into the overhead even though its a standard roller bag. Crew helps store it into a closet. Champagne before takeoff with a refill if wanted. Bag of cold almonds with a cocktail after takeoff. No warm mixed nuts? Dinner was ok. Beef tenderloin was overcooked. No ice cream sundae for dessert. Pie or cheese. Flight Crew pretty attentive. Seats okay. A little hard. Continue reading... Viking River Cruise Waterways of the Czars August 11 - 23, 2013

Serenade of the Seas Smooth Sailing on Serenade by MrsB05
Pre Cruise DH and I stayed two nights in NOLA at the Hotel Provencial on Chartres St. in the Quarter; great place, which I’ll review on Trip Advisor. We had a wonderful time in NOLA doing the usual touristy things (my first time there) plus we met up with a group from our thread/Meet and Mingle at The Carousel Bar (in the Hotel Monteleone) the night before the cruise. This is a nice way to start the cruise off already knowing a few friendly faces (and to meet folks we’ve been chatting with for well over a year!) Embarkation A week or so before we left town, we received emails advising us not to arrive at the port any sooner than noon because the ship was returning from a TA and it would take longer to get folks off, crew through customs, etc. Well, we arrived just around noon and it was apparent many people had been there hours before. Such is life. Continue reading... Smooth Sailing on Serenade

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; January 9th, 2014 at 10:32 PM.