My 8 Day Semi Cruise from hell aboard the Carnival Breeze 10/26/13 - 11/4/13

Leo's Rule

*Disclaimer*

I'm writing this review well after the cruise. I'm going from memory because I didn't take my laptop on this cruise, but even if I had, I highly doubt anything would have been recorded. I am warning you all, it may take me a while to complete this. I'm writing it as time permits.

Background Info:

Originally this cruise started out as a 9 day European cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine with my girlfriend, a friend who is a girl, but was canceled because she was dragging her feet with our next installment. Originally I put down the deposit for both of us and she was supposed to make a payment towards the cruise. I wanted to cruise and feared that it wouldn't happen so I told her I was cancelling the European cruise (it would have been too costly for me by myself) and was booking the Breeze. I informed her if she wanted to come, she would need to get her own cabin or another roommate.

After I booked my mother decided she wanted to come and this became her belated birthday cruise (11 days after her birthday).

I wanted to stay in South Beach so I booked our room at the Colony Hotel; it was located right next to Wet Willies!!!!!! I got a great rate too through LMT Club, $95 with tax. Our post cruise stay was at the Hampton Inn Brickell. You'd hate me if I told you the rate I received, so I won't tell you. :D :p I liked both hotels, but I'll tell you about them later.

So I have the cruise booked and I have my hotels booked. By April or May all of my excursions were booked too. Now all I had to do was book our flights, but guess what, my flight for my February '14 cruise was booked March '13 and I still hadn't booked flights for this cruise. I didn't book our flights until October 8th; 2 weeks before the cruise!!!! :eek:

Oh, this was the Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise that departed from Miami and visited Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba.

Pre cruise:

Ok. Not so much pre cruise yet, but the night before I took my baby Queen

to my aunt's and left her with instructions on how to care for my baby. I also left her with contact info on the vet and how to reach us on the ship.

Queen knew I was leaving her and she clung on to me for dear life; something she does anytime she thinks and knows I'm leaving. I had to distract her and make a run for the door. I heard her whining and scratching at the door to be let out. *tears*

1526248_10200615694029330_959029348_n.jpg

(taken on the way to my aunt's)

1521450_10200615694109332_52111559_n.jpg

(I just had to show you all my baby's mohawk)

Now on to the pre cruise. We're up and at it at 5 am. I was so sleepy because I didn't go to bed until 3:00 am. I grabbed two yogurts and a Monster and then hit the road towards IAH (the airport).

I'LL TRY AND COME BACK TOMORROW TO COMPLETE SOME MORE. I NEED TO CLOSE MY EYES.

Lovely little doggie.

Kind regards

Thanks!

Looking forward to the next installment. Hope this will not be 25 installments though. Makes it tough to get thru.

I promise not to do that. I'm going to write some more tonight...it should get posted tomorrow or Monday.

Looking forward to more. It's so hard to leave the furry babies for and they always KNOW something's up when the suitcases come out!

Yes, they most certainly do!

You have piqued my interest. Adorable doggie.

Hopefully I don't disappoint you. And thanks for the compliment. I shoukd be back tomorrow or Monday.

Excited for the hellish parts!

Lol. Hopefully I don't let you down...it was hell for me.

Really??

Sorry to disappoint you with the brief intro. I probably shouldn't have started it then, but it was a now or never thing with me...and then sleep hit me. There will be more tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for doing a review. I look forward to reading the next part.

You're welcome. There will be more tomorrow or Monday.

Looking forward to your review - cute doggie!! awww! :D

Awww...thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

I will come back and check on this post next month. Maybe it will be done. I went on the Breeze the trip before yours. Definitely one of the best cruises I've been on. Will be booking the Breeze again. By the way, Cute dog.

Our Dream cruise last week had rough weather. Had 2 comedians at first, but the second 2 comedians never made it onto the ship.

They kept cancelling shows, or telling people there would be only 1 show per night, instead of 2. Very crowded when they do that.

Now I'm side tracked. If only one show a night, what happens to MDR dinner? Who looses out?

Inquiring minds want to know:confused:

Your dog is adorable and looks very similar to mine! Looking forward to the rest of the review.

Thank you! I'm starting more of the review tonight..ugh...this morning. :D

I'm waiting for the Hellish parts as well, considering I have already sailed on the breeze and loved it so much we"re sailing again in April

The hellish parts are coming up.