"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

Well, Hello! This is my first Live From review, so I hope you will find it informative, humorous, and entertaining. I am Lisa, aka RedHeadTexan (used to have red hair and moved from Texas). Traveling with me is my DH, Walt. We are doing the 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary to Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, and Labadee.

Walt and me...

1235881_10201622571156968_1879978414_n_zpsd6369c26.jpg

I think it’s always helpful to know a little bit about the poster and their travel companion, so here it goes. I am 41 (will turn 42 on the 16th) and Walt is 58, and we have been married for 9 years. We booked this specific cruise because Dett was going on it and we had a blast with them the last time we cruised together. After we booked, our friends from our Vision cruise, Kayter, booked this cruise too. So, before the roll call we already had friends coming along. Now with an active roll call, we have even more friends on this adventure.

Ok, back to Walt and me. I am an organizational fanatic, so I am the planner of all vacations. I have a 1 inch binder set up with deck plans, shore excursions, cruise contract, insurance information, hotel reservations, etc. I can tell you in my sleep where we are going and what we are doing. Walt, on the other hand, still has no idea what islands we are going to or what we are doing. The binder will keep him occupied in the car.

We are rather laid back in our dispositions when it comes to vacations. Not much will faze us, so keep that in mind when reading. Unless something absolutely egregious happens, we will just roll with it. After Walt’s emergency bypass 8 years ago, I have learned to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy every moment. I value every day I have with my wonderful Walt.

On this adventure we booked a Panoramic Ocean View on Deck 7. We have never had a balcony, so imagine my surprise and delight when we were upgraded to a Superior Balcony 2 weeks ago! We are in cabin 7112, which is way aft on the Port side. This location is very close to many of our friends. One weird thing I have noticed on the roll call is a bunch of us in ocean views received free upgrades to balconies. Oh, did I mention this will be our first balcony! Woo Hoo!!!! I am a bit on the frugal side for the cabin and get either insides or ocean views and then splurge on excursions and other stuff. I have no doubt that I will be spoiled for life having a balcony.

Today is day 1 of our trip. We live outside of Knoxville, so we are splitting the drive to Florida over two days. Today we are driving to Savannah and tomorrow it’s on to Fort Lauderdale! Because we never know what Old Man Winter will throw at us, we leave early. Also, two nights in Fort Lauderdale will give me time to decompress from work and get in vacation mode. By the time I board the ship on Monday I will be completely relaxed.

The biggest challenge for me on this vacation is scheduling time to work out. In 2013 I lost 55 pounds with Weight Watchers and exercise. I have packed my work out clothes and yoga mat, and downloaded yoga and pilates routines to my laptop. Just because I am on vacation does not give me a pass on exercise. My plan is one hour each day to go to the fitness center in the mornings. So if there are questions regarding the fitness center, fire away.

Now I just have to wait for Walt to come home at noon and we will be on our way.

Safe travels! Today should be a good day to travel, overcast but no rain and moderate temps. Be careful on I-95, so many terrible accidents in that road lately.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Have a wonderful time Lisa .... you will love a balcony :)

we started cruising in inside cabins and then got upgraded to an ocean view and then Dave said he would just have to have the ocean view from then lol and then on the next cruise they upgraded us from ocean view to balcony and now Dave needs a balcony and the last 3 cruises were balconies .... we love just sitting there with our own music (from the laptop or ipod) in the evenings and watching the sunsets and then moon on the water later in the evening :-) I also workout in the gym while cruising and tell myself that the warm melting chocolate cake tastes even better because I went to the gym in the morning lol :D They have great gyms and even classes on board so enjoy yourself !!!

Have a great time and looking forward to your review :-)

Take care and God Bless

Cathie

I am so happy for you, you will love the Legend and the ports. I am hoping to have my trip review done by Sunday so then I can sit back and enjoy your "Live" report.

We did not visit St Lucia, but will next year so really interested to see what you do there.

I think in another post you said you were doing MY Time if you are, request Luis from Peru and his assistant Yogendra, we loved them. If you can’t get them please drop by and say for us!

When in Savannah we LOVE to eat at Zunzis, 108 E York Street, the most amazing (and reasonable) sandwiches ever!

Safe travels

Thanks y'all! I am going a little stir crazy waiting for Walt to come home so we can leave. :eek: The cats have finally caught on that we are going on vacation, and they are not pleased. Oh well, Tiffany will take good care of them while we are gone.

The Herd

SinkCats_zps63536bb7.jpg

Lisa

Lisa, I am getting so excited for this cruise. We are not leaving until tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you for dinner on Sunday night and then again at Chops on Monday night. It's going to be a great cruise. :)

Glad that you are doing a live review of this cruise. I will try to check it out as I can.

Safe travels!

Lisa: safe travels. Will meet you on Monday at M&M - unless you see me on Sunday with my MardiGras Beads.:)

just a "warning" to both you and others - based on a December "Live from Legend" thread - It will get busy here:D with folks posting questions (and, of course, saying "thanks";)). That thread had over 2200 posts! In future, some bloggers might want to use blogspot to write and post their "Live reports" and then just post the link on cc. With blogspot any comments are added separately and reads can just rread the bloogers report without sifting through questions. Just a thought.

After tomorrow I won't see your blog till I return (since I'm on ship with you - AND Walt). So this is just an early suggestion to other readers of this thread.:)

Steve

Let the vacation begin! We are heading to Savannah!

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bon voyage Lisa! Have a fantastic cruise. Ken and I arrived in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. We are staying at the Ritz Carlton. We just walked all over town. Now I'm seating right in front of CVS next to the hotel. It's hot and sticky . Take care. Hugs

Marie

I posted this on our Roll Call but if you want the full LIVE experience yiu can use the info below to actually see where the ship is at any time.

There is a website where you can follow the ship as we move around. Last time I posted the URL CC blocked it.

So I got "creative" and posted it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl5irj0xa3...%20legend.docx

Feel free to share with friends and family.

Steve

Edited by SteveinPhilly

Well, Hello! This is my first Live From review, so I hope you will find it informative, humorous, and entertaining. I am Lisa, aka RedHeadTexan (used to have red hair and moved from Texas). Traveling with me is my DH, Walt. We are doing the 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary to Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, and Labadee.

Take good care of the ship for us.... We will be boarding when you get back.... :D

Small world. His name looked familiar to me but I couldn't be sure. Looked over my Photos from the "Last Sailing South" of the Empress in 2007 (she was sold and scrapped) and, yep it was Keith! Here he is at our M&M - we had a big gist exchange. (and someone made up the custom T-shirts- I'm bringing mine.) I remember he was fun guy! Here's a photo from 7 years ago.

2007_1105FinepixRESTIMages0043.jpg.9df7c7c956c99d9651408fd1072bb004.jpg