Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Cruise Foodies

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 21st, 2014, 08:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Do special dietary requests incur additional fees on the Princess line?

My husband and I are going on our first cruise this March on the Princess line. I am lactose intolerant, and I have alerted the staff about this already. They told me they could provide a milk substitute upon my request.

Would I be charged any additional fee for asking them to supply a milk substitute for me? I tried asking the person on staff in charge of such things, however he/she never answered my question.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by kenny044; January 21st, 2014 at 08:45 PM.

Old January 21st, 2014, 10:30 PM
50,000+ Club

No...nor on ANY cruiseline! Do notify them of your needs in advance of your sailing! All cruiselines have a "special needs" dept.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thank you!

Thank you for your response! I will let them know right away. I look forward to the experience!

Old February 8th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
No...nor on ANY cruiseline! Do notify them of your needs in advance of your sailing! All cruiselines have a "special needs" dept.
Not quite correct. All the major cruise lines will go to extreme lengths to satisfy just about any special diet. If we have it onboard, or can get it onboard without too much expense, or can get it onboard at all, we are happy to comply.
But then we have that certain percentage of humanity who MUST have very special and specific expensive brands of foods, or other very unusual items that ships normally do not carry. We also have those geniuses who insist that their doctors have prescribed only lobster and caviar - or some other nonsense - for the entire voyage.

To all these "special" requests we reply that we are happy to accommodate - and we quote a price for that service. In most cases, those people who just HAD to have those special items in order to stay alive decide that they are able to survive without them if they have to pay.

Old March 21st, 2014, 01:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Princess did a fantastic job of accommodating our vegan diet on our past cruise and it didn't cost anything extra!

http://justinpluslauren.com

Past Cruises:
Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2014 (*our first cruise together!*)
Crown Princess - Western & Southern Caribbean, 14 day B2B roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2012
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Dec. 2008
Sun Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Dec. 2006
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Feb. 2006