Do special dietary requests incur additional fees on the Princess line?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:28 PM.
2 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
My husband and I are going on our first cruise this March on the Princess line. I am lactose intolerant, and I have alerted the staff about this already. They told me they could provide a milk substitute upon my request.

Would I be charged any additional fee for asking them to supply a milk substitute for me? I tried asking the person on staff in charge of such things, however he/she never answered my question.

Thank you for your help!
Fredericksburg, va. USA
79,839 Posts
Joined May 2001
No...nor on ANY cruiseline! Do notify them of your needs in advance of your sailing! All cruiselines have a "special needs" dept.
Shanghai, PRC / Sete, France
3,819 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by cb at sea
No...nor on ANY cruiseline! Do notify them of your needs in advance of your sailing! All cruiselines have a "special needs" dept.
Not quite correct. All the major cruise lines will go to extreme lengths to satisfy just about any special diet. If we have it onboard, or can get it onboard without too much expense, or can get it onboard at all, we are happy to comply.
But then we have that certain percentage of humanity who MUST have very special and specific expensive brands of foods, or other very unusual items that ships normally do not carry. We also have those geniuses who insist that their doctors have prescribed only lobster and caviar - or some other nonsense - for the entire voyage.

To all these "special" requests we reply that we are happy to accommodate - and we quote a price for that service. In most cases, those people who just HAD to have those special items in order to stay alive decide that they are able to survive without them if they have to pay.
Ontario, Canada
1,289 Posts
Joined May 2008
Princess did a fantastic job of accommodating our vegan diet on our past cruise and it didn't cost anything extra!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Lauren

My Travel Blog ~ Justin Plus Lauren

Past Cruises:

Fathom Adonia - Dominican Republic, 7 day roundtrip Miami, November 2016
Carnival Sensation - Caribbean, 5 day roundtrip Miami, April 2016
Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, March 2015 (*cruise with my sister*)

Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2014 (*our first cruise together!*)
Crown Princess - Western & Southern Caribbean, 14 day B2B roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Jan. 2012
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Dec. 2008
Sun Princess - Southern Caribbean, 10 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Dec. 2006
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean, 7 day roundtrip San Juan, Feb. 2006