Liquor price list

Nasmas

Does anyone have a price list for the liquors that are available to purchase for your stateroom? We thought about 'toting' our own, but since its a no-no, we'd like to find out what they have available. Thanks.

Here's a list I found doing a search:

ITEM DESCRIPTION PRICE

GINS

687 GIN: BEEFEATER $29.00

688 GIN: TANQUERAY $37.00

686 GIN: BOMBAY SAPPHIRE $38.00

LIQUEURS

316 LIQUEURS: AMARETTO $52.00

317 LIQUEURS: BAILEYS IRISH CREAM $45.00

320 LIQUEURS: COINTREAU $59.00

321 LIQUEURS: DRAMBUIE $58.00

318 LIQUEURS: FRANGELLICO $42.00

323 LIQUEURS: GRAND MARNIER $80.00

324 LIQUEURS: KAHLUA $36.00

330 LIQUEURS: SAMBUCA - OPAL NERA $42.00

325 LIQUEURS: SOUTHERN COMFORT $47.00

326 LIQUEURS: TIA MARIA $52.00

RUM

693 RUM: BACARDI GOLD $37.00

694 RUM: BACARDI WHITE $29.00

695 RUM: BACARDI LIMON $29.00

692 RUM: MYERS $29.00

SCOTCH/WHISKEY/BRANDY

707 SCOTCH: BALLENTINES $37.00

714 SCOTCH: CHIVAS REGAL - 12 Y.O. $69.00

706 SCOTCH: DEWAR'S White Label $35.00

334 SCOTCH: HENNESSY VS $82.00

708 SCOTCH: J & B RARE $37.00

716 SCOTCH: J. WALKER BLACK LABEL $86.00

710 SCOTCH: J. WALKER RED LABEL $37.00

728 BOURBON: JACK DANIELS BLACK $54.00

722 BOURBON: JIM BEAM $29.00

732 WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $35.00

736 WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $40.00

738 WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.00

734 WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.00

337 BRANDY: REMY MARTIN XO $263.00

336 BRANDY: REMY MARTIN VSOP $110.00

SHERRY

656 SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM $38.00

657 SHERRY: TIO PEPE $36.00

TEQUILA:

697 TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $37.00

696 TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO 1800 $55.00

VODKA:

698A VODKA: ABSOLUT $29.00

698 VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON $29.00

691 VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.00

691S VODKA: SKYY $29.00

691F VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.00

690 VODKA: SMIRNOFF $29.00

691C VODKA: CHOPAN $69.00

699 VODKA: GREY GOOSE $61.00

691T VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $32.00

691B VODKA: BELVEDERE $76.00

All items have a 15% service charge included.

I always bring a couple of bottles in my suitcase and they never get opened or inspected.

You opened a can of worms. Someone will flog you for not following rules. I personally don't have a problem with it and don't understand HAL's thinking on this. The not bringing liquor on board is a relatively new 'rule'. We have always done it or bought in the ship store. Then, one cruise we were on, they said you could take it to your room from the on-board store but there was a 20% surcharge. No problem there because Absolute in the ship shop was 9.99. We can't buy it here for that. The next time we cruised you couldn't buy in the shop and take it to your room. Now, you can't bring your own. I guess we chalk it up to the increasing cost of cruising.

The new alcohol policy went into affect Feb 2004 - not relatively new.

Considering how long we've been cruising it is relatively new. To me, anyway. We haven't cruised since March 03, because my husband has been ill. But, we're starting again this year in Oct.

Most of the restaurants in this area charge about $2.50-$3. But I am in Texas, and they're served everywhere (the *official* drink of Houston perhaps...LOL).

Heck, a few of the Tex-Mex places serve 'Ritas by the pitcher for $4.

Could be a regional thing, or perhaps we're always lucky and happen to go when they're on special :)

Not that I would let the extra cost deter me in anyway from enjoying a drink while sailing around with my honey!

~e

When you consider that they pay less than half the price for booze that your local lounge pays, you really start to see the extent of the price gouging going on.

Or it could be called 'selling at the price a buyer will pay' which is basic economics. Making a profit on booze allows the cruiseline to provide other perks such as ice cream all day at no extra cost, etc. ;)

Most of the restaurants in this area charge about $2.50-$3. But I am in Texas, and they're served everywhere (the *official* drink of Houston perhaps...LOL).

Some areas of Texas are dry ... like where I am. Here, while one can get booze in a restaurant, it costs quite a bit more. Supply and demand.

Or it could be called 'selling at the price a buyer will pay' which is basic economics. Making a profit on booze allows the cruiseline to provide other perks such as ice cream all day at no extra cost, etc. ;)

Basic economics yes, but forget the ice cream and give me a better price for the booze. ;)

Seriously, I think they could drop the prices some. In the last year or two they have raised the prices sky high.

Some areas of Texas are dry ... like where I am. Here, while one can get booze in a restaurant, it costs quite a bit more. Supply and demand.

We had that issue when I was stationed at Ft. Knox. The county was dry, but you could purchase on post, or drive out of the county. They certainly charged whatever the market would support!

Thankfully I'm not a big drinker...but I like to keep my options open :cool:

Besides, what's a cruise without one of those frozen fruity umbrella thingies???

~e

Well some may call it basic economics, but I still call it price gouging. Not only are the drinks overpriced, but most of them are underpoured.

How about basic human decency and treating your customers with respect and integrity?

I know a cruise line has a captive audience, but that should not automatically mean that the cruise line should bilk their customers at every opportunity.

I think the pricing is a rip off. I am all for the cruise line making money since I am stock holder but the prices have gone up entirely too much.

If they would lower the prices I believe people would drink more.

In the past we always ordered champagne from the ship. No more. The price has increased too much. We now bring our own on board.

Only once did we run across someone who was pouring short. That was easy to fix, we moved to another bar.

We are booked on the Ryndam in December. We have always taken our "Booze and Shoes" suitcase and carried our stash on-board as checked baggage and never had a problem. It has been 2 years since we last cruised, will this be a problem with all the new security procedures???

KMN

We cruised on the Zuiderdam last April 2004 and I was carrying two bottles of wine in my carryon. At the dock, the luggage was scanned and I was stopped and had to open my carryon and unwrap the bubble wrap from my two bottles of wine. Since wine was allowed, we continued on our way. They do check!

• 7 years later...
When we visited Maui, Hawaii in 2008 we were at a hotel and ordered a Mai Tai in a plastic glass at a beach bar and paid $11 for one, I had 2 ;-). Cruise ship prices are much cheaper!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Are you aware that this thread was started in 2005?

Prices have gone up since then on the cruise lines for drinks.

Archived