Destination Alaska 2014 book???

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:34 AM.
Atlantic Provinces, Canada
715 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Does anyone know if and when this book will be available?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Anthem of the Seas - March 2017 Bahamas
Pacific Princess - May 2014 Alaska
Allure of the Seas - March 2012 Eastern Caribbean
114 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by frugaltravel
A much more ad-free link is this one:

http://www.destinationalaska.com/
That's 2013. Guess 2014 is not available yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mo

2009 Serenade of the Seas - Panama Canal
2008 Grandeur of the Seas - Caribbean
Last Century QEII - Transatlantic
United States
7 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by skrapngal
Does anyone know if and when this book will be available?
The 2014 book was just released. I ordered one and am hoping it arrives before I depart at the end of the month.
Kansas USA
1,149 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
The website says you can download a free PDF copy and not have to pay the $5 shipping, but I didn't see how to do that? Am I missing something? I don't want to pay $5 for the 'free' coupon book.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grand Princess 11/04
Grand Princess 11/05
Voyager of the Seas 1/08
Crown Princess 1/13
Golden Princess 5/14
Caribbean Princess 11/15
Caribbean Princess 2/16
United States
7 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by Paula_MacFan
The website says you can download a free PDF copy and not have to pay the $5 shipping, but I didn't see how to do that? Am I missing something? I don't want to pay $5 for the 'free' coupon book.
I saw that the link disappeared as soon as the 2014 book came out. I used it to download the 2013 book last month, which was much more than just a coupon book (although 80% of the book is coupons and ads). There are some good articles and stuff in there about the towns and shops as well.

The books are also supposed to be available in Official Visitor Centers when you are in Alaska. I ordered one because I didn't want to take the chance and it was only 5.00.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of any of this info. It is from the Juneau Visitor Center Website at http://www.traveljuneau.com/

The contact info for Destination Alaska is below. You can try contacting them directly to see about getting the soft copy.

735 Broad St, Augusta, GA 30901
(706) 828-4343
nancy.martin (at) morris.com
United States
7 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
I received an email last night that the book went to the printer and will ship the first week of May, which is after I leave.