Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old February 6th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of The Week by ScubaCruiser54, AH090206, petesfamily, jimmybean & JCrewz!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Radiance of the Seas A great cruise... even with the flying. by ScubaCruiser54
When you are looking for a trip to fill a few bucket list items, this one will do nicely. My wife and I had a number of things we wanted to do in our travels, and going to Australia and New Zealand were near the top of our list. Not just for the travel (24 hours in the air going and 17 in the air coming back - not including layovers), but to see a little bit of the countries and meet the people were a few of our bucket items. Seeing the wildlife and giving a koala a "hug" was near the top of my wife's Australia and New Zealand lists. Looking at the Southern Cross, penguins, kangaroos, and kiwis were included in my list. We checked them all off. Continue reading... A great cruise... even with the flying.

Norwegian Dawn Amazing service, Smooth Embark/Disembark, Overall Good! by AH090206
Background information: My background- this was my first time cruising as an adult. I traveled with my children (3 and 5), parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousin (9.) We spend most of our vacations in Disney World, and honestly, I wasn't thrilled about cruising so I went in pretty skeptical. The cruise was a Christmas gift from my parents. Hotel information (if any): Embassy Suites on S. Florida (several blocks from the port.) Nice accommodations, spacious room, package for parking and shuttle, and complimentary drinks and breakfast. The room was noisy. Embarkation: Quick and easy. The porter took our bags from the shuttle. We went through customs quickly, checked in without any line, and were in group 4. I believe we arrived around 11am and were on the ship not long after 12. Continue reading... Amazing service, Smooth Embark/Disembark, Overall Good!

Celebrity Century Celebrity Century Holiday Eastbound Panama Canal by petesfamily
This was our second cruise with Celebrity. Our son, Jordan Peterson, is an entertainer on the ship, so this is basically why we started cruising. He is a solo piano player/singer at Michael’s Club on the Century. Jordan’s first contract was on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda and we thoroughly enjoyed that cruise in June of 2013. Before the Saturday embarkation we arrived in San Diego on Friday morning around 11:00. Luckily we were able to check in early at the Wyndham Bayside which was amazingly DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE CENTURY! After we checked in, we were able to walk a short distance to Seaport Village and do some sightseeing and shopping. It was SO cool to wake up and see the Century in port from our hotel room. It was just a matter of time before we were able to meet up with Jordan after the Century arrived. We spent the morning catching up and walking to the Rite-Aid down the street from the motel. It seems that this is a popular place to “stock-up” before boarding the ship, which was less than a block walk. Continue reading... Celebrity Century Holiday Eastbound Panama Canal

Crown Princcess Very pleasant cruise by jimmybean
This was our fifth cruise on a Princess ship--all sailing in the Caribbean and to the Panama Canal. We had been on two of Princess's larger ships in the past, although not the Crown Princess, so we knew what to expect in terms of design and general lay-out. Our embarkation was scheduled (according to the deck where our cabin was located) for 12:30. We arrived at 12:00 and joined a long, long line--which commenced outside the terminal and snaked tightly throughout the building. We constantly moved forward and we had fun chatting with other folks in the queue. The process was as streamlined as it could be, considering the number of people boarding. Nonetheless, it took a solid hour from the time we joined the line until we boarded the ship. Passengers with priority boarding, skipped the line, and literally walked through the terminal and onto the ship in five to ten minutes. One gets priority boarding on the sixth Princess cruise. People who arrived two hours later, we heard, also were on-board very quickly. Of course, there were wheelchairs and assistance throughout the boarding period, if needed. Continue reading... Very pleasant cruise

Carnival Triumph Far From Perfect, But Still Lots of Bang for Your Cruising Buck by JCrewz
This was our third year in a row to take this 4 day cruise from Galveston to Cozumel. Last year, we sailed two cruises before the infamous stranded cruise. The ship was having propulsion issues which delayed our arrival at both destination and port. This year, after the refitting, no such problems and the ship looked great. We got our first upsell call from Carnival three days before our cruise. We were upgraded from a first deck ocean view cabin to an Ocean Suite for about 40% off the Internet prices.......we loved the value and enjoyed the much larger stateroom and the oversized balcony. There are not many perks for suites on Carnival, but the priority embarkation and debarkation got us on and off in record time. Continue reading... Far From Perfect, But Still Lots of Bang for Your Cruising Buck

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; February 6th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Ad Sponsored By