Wine at Dinner

Diver_Dave

Your room has wine glasses in it. You can bring your own wine and fill that glass and bring it to dinner with you and there would be no charge.

Never had a room with wine glasses in it. Im guessing you mean in the suites:confused:

Also they dont want you to bring the wine outside your room. I have taken bottles and never been charged the corkage fee.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

i have always had wine glasses in my cabin beside the ice bucket ( even the inside cabins ). if you go to the carnival site and click on gift services you can bring up the wine they have on the ships. that will give you the prices. i have never been charged for the corkage fee. i think it depends on your waiter whether they charge you or not.

On none of my cruises have I had wine glasses in my cabin (except when I have been sent a bottle of wine as a bon voyage gift).

I've taken a bottle of wine to dinner many times, and have never been charged a corkage fee. It is up to the individual waiter.

On none of my cruises have I had wine glasses in my cabin (except when I have been sent a bottle of wine as a bon voyage gift).

I've taken a bottle of wine to dinner many times, and have never been charged a corkage fee. It is up to the individual waiter.

cotton, that is a good point. i did have wine sent to my cabin each time and never thought that was the reason i had the glasses. i just thought they were provided in each cabin. i am corrected again :) .

Yo! Dave!

Carnival's Wine & price list ...

Wines and Champagne Glass/Bottle

Glass/Bottle

$0.00/$20.00 Asti, Martini & Rossi

$0.00/$55.00 Moet & Chandon, White Star $4.50/$19.00 White Zinfandel, Beringer

$4.95/$22.00 Zinfandel, Fetzer

$4.50/$21.00 Korbel, Brut

$5.75/$25.00 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva

$5.50/$27.00 Sauvignon Blanc, Beringer

$5.95/$29.00 Fume Blanc, Robert Mondavi

$5.75/$25.00 Cabernet Sauvignon, Meridian

$5.75/$25.00 Chardonnay Reserva, Caliterra

$4.50/$20.00 Gamay Beaujolais, Beringer

$5.50/$27.00 Merlot, Columbia Crest

$5.75/$26.00 Chardonnay, Meridian

$4.50/ N/A Champagne Mimosa

$6.50/$29.00 Chardonnay, Beringer

$4.50/N/A Champagne Cocktail

FYI:

I "smuggle" my own. For my own "Special Occasions".

7_4_14.gif

If I buy a bottle of wine at dinner one night and only drink half, will they keep it for me for the following night? That's the practice on Princess, so I'm just wondering, as I've never sailed on Carnival yet.

We for sure had them in our inside cabins. Again it may be left up to each steward as in my son's room he did not have them and his was outside room.

I'm always told if you don't see something you need just ask for it. Need wine glasses in your room and they aren't there just ask. Otherwise why would they tell you to drink your own wine in your room and not provide glasses.

Another thing about their policy which they don't seem to enforce just like

the dress code on formal night, if you pour your glass of wine in your room and take it to the dinning room how do they know you didn't stop by one of the bars on the way to dinner and buy a single glass of wine? It would be hard to tell since you are using the same glasses. That's hard to spot on enforcement but show up on formal night in your best polo shirt with lime green golf pants and you stand out like a sore thumb. Easy to enforce that yet they choose not to. If you are having a good time on a fun ship they overlook the tiny rules. Throw someone overboard in front of one of the security cameras they'll jump right on it.

I think Carnival has a very reasonable policy on wines. You can bring your own bottle to their restaurant; use their wine glasses; have the wine poured by the waiter; and they will store the wine for you for the next night ALL for only 10 dollars. There are a lot of restaurants that will not let you do that. I, or one, do not want to schlep a glass of wine down the hall, up/down an elevator, to the restaurant. I'll pay the ten dollars and get to drink as much as I want. :) .

If I buy a bottle of wine at dinner one night and only drink half, will they keep it for me for the following night? That's the practice on Princess, so I'm just wondering, as I've never sailed on Carnival yet.

Yes, and they'll have it at your table when you arrive the next evening....reds on the table, whites in a chilled wine bucket.:)

We brought our own wine to the table twice last week. In fact, we brought 2 bottles for our tablemates to share with us on the second night and we were never charged corkage.

I think it depends on the waiter.

The prices weren't astronomical, but it definitely makes sense to bring your own wine. Carnival's site has lifted the restriction of how much "fine wine and champagne" you can bring on board.

Good luck!

Not a problem at all.

As I cruise solo, I always bring a couple bottles of dessert wines to share with my tablemates for sharing their cruise experience with me. I just enjoy collecting and tasting various dessert wines, and have found that most people have never been introduced to them.

Only once have I been charged the corkage fee, but in every case they're more than happy to save the bottles chilled for the next night.

As an honest to goodness admitted wine snob, Carnival's wine list isn't bad, but it's not terribly extensive. If there's something in particular you enjoy drinking, go ahead and bring a bottle or two with you. I will say, however, that I've noticed at most of my tables that people who do bring wine tend to share it with the table -- the only two times that people didn't, it was rather awkward (not that we made it awkward -- they just felt awkward afterwards and apologized for not sharing). It is, of course, your personal choice, and your absolute right to enjoy that special bottle between the two of you during the cruise, and you shouldn't feel at all compelled to do otherwise.

Hope this helps :)

We have 4 champagne baskets coming to us on this upcoming cruise (had to finish using captial one/carnival points). I know that the champagne is Korbel, which we do not like too much. Do you think that we could get it changed to Martini & Rossi Asti? It is cheaper per bottle and we like it better. I was thinking about asking my room steward to do this at the beginning of the week since I was told by promotions that he would be the one delivering the baskets, and of course tip him extra for doing so.

• 4 weeks later...

Another question related to wine... so, you can bring some on board and there is no limit. I get that. My question is whether it is legal to fly with wine in your carryon? I am sure it is, just double checking. We are arriving at our port on a Sunday and not sure if alcohol can be purchased on a Sunday in Galveston.

Yo! Dave!

Carnival's Wine & price list ...

Wines and Champagne Glass/Bottle

Glass/Bottle

$0.00/$20.00 Asti, Martini & Rossi

$0.00/$55.00 Moet & Chandon, White Star $4.50/$19.00 White Zinfandel, Beringer

$4.95/$22.00 Zinfandel, Fetzer

$4.50/$21.00 Korbel, Brut

$5.75/$25.00 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva

$5.50/$27.00 Sauvignon Blanc, Beringer

$5.95/$29.00 Fume Blanc, Robert Mondavi

$5.75/$25.00 Cabernet Sauvignon, Meridian

$5.75/$25.00 Chardonnay Reserva, Caliterra

$4.50/$20.00 Gamay Beaujolais, Beringer

$5.50/$27.00 Merlot, Columbia Crest

$5.75/$26.00 Chardonnay, Meridian

$4.50/ N/A Champagne Mimosa

$6.50/$29.00 Chardonnay, Beringer

$4.50/N/A Champagne Cocktail

[/size]

I must say, that is a crappy winelist.

Michael

I must say, that is a crappy winelist.
If that were the complete wine list, I would agree. Fortunately it's not.

Most Carnival ships have a four-page wine list available in the dining room. You'll see a short list of wines by the glass in the regular dinner menu, but if you ask for the wine list you'll see a much larger, pretty decent selection.

That being said, if you have a "favorite" wine, why not bring a bottle along and enjoy that special occasion? :)

Well, I hope it's o.k. to bring on an airplane, because I'm bringing 3 bottles of wine with me in my carry on. Does anyone know for sure?

We brought a bottle in a carryon last week, and had no problems at all. Enjoy!

Does anyone have an answer for me as to our cabin steward having our wine delivered to our table? I didn't know if it was proper etiquette to carry the bottle in ourselves, even though Carnival says its fine.

For those of you traveling Southwest, I found this on their website:

Alcoholic Beverages

You may carry alcohol through the security checkpoint and onboard our aircraft under the following conditions:

• <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Alcoholic beverage must be in the original container with the manufacturer’s label. <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Flasks or unmarked containers cannot be carried onboard unless they are empty. <LI class=listDoubleSpace>The seal may be broken or unbroken. <LI class=listDoubleSpace>The maximum quantity of alcohol that may be transported on Southwest Airlines per Customer is five liters. Wine is not subject to the five-liter-per-person limitation. Wine in checked baggage must be securely packaged in a leak-proof bag with a Styrofoam cushioning and a sturdy cardboard outer package to prevent spillage. <LI class=listDoubleSpace>Alcohol content may not exceed 70% by volume (140 proof) in either checked or unchecked luggage.
  • As mandated by Federal Aviation Regulations, only alcohol served by Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants may be consumed onboard our aircraft.

If you don't feel comfortable bringing it yourself, tell your cabin steward you will be leaving wine for him/her to have at dinner. Just write dinner time(main/late), table#, and if you want cabin# on the bottle and leave in an area tha was determined before leaving for breakfast and he/she will take care of it.

Archived