liquor in suitcase????????????

LOGHL

Ok, taking my first cruise in October, and I have done some extensive research on a lot of items, this being one of them. Here is what I have gathered:

The baggage screeners at your initial emabrkation port (stateside) are not concerned with liquor, only weapons. Celebrity does allow you to bring on wine as they do have a corkage fee of , I believe, $15.00. There is also no said limit on wine that can be brought on. I have read that people are told by ship personell as they are boarding that they don't have to look through their bags unless they want to or unless the passenger requests them to, so unless you request to be checked, don't count on it. Now this of course does change wheh you stop at a port of call, the liquor policy is much stricter here because of tariffs and so on, so most liquor bought in a port of call will be gathered upon embarkation and delivered to you on the last night? I think. The reason why I say most is that I have read of some people who do not buy huge amounts, maybe just a bottle, and they have it in their carry on tote and the screeners let it slide, possibly looking at it as an inconvenience to do paperwork and so on for one item.

Some people will chastise you for asking this question, pay them no mind. It was once asked if in comparison, you would take liquor to Vegas even though it is for the most part free if you are gambling, and my answer is yes because it is for my in room consumption and I don't feel like waiting for delivery of one drink.

Cheers.

Paul

If the bottle in my luggage, how can they know?????????????????

By the stench of tequila-soaked clothes, the shards of broken glass cutting through the outer skin of the case, the big wet spots on the side?...

By the fact you're carrying three oversized valises weighing a combined 150 pounds on a 3 night cruise?

:) :) :) :)

Archived