First cruise- question re fellow travellers

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:59 PM.
Austrak
6 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Our family of 4 ( kids 6 and 11) from Oz will be going on our first cruise on 4 jan for 1 week on Allure Eastern Caribbean cruise. As US schools I think have gone back by then what other kids nationalities are generally on this type of ship this time of year. just curious if kids will have other English speaking children to meet. i think read somewhere that lots of South Americans at this time?
thanks in advance
Greenville, SC, USA
51,078 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
There will still be lots of kids from the US and Canada. Many kids are home schooled and many others will be taken out of school for the week since fares are usually lower.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
Florida
2,904 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Another poster told me that on their early Nov cruise on Allure (which is also non-peak time for kids), they had about a 150 kids on board. So, that's not too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises
2017 RCCL Navigator of the Seas (9 day Southern - Christmas Cruise)

Completed Crusies
2013 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (6 day Bermuda) Review AO Daily Planners
2014 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (8 day Bahamas - Thanksgiving Cruise) Review & AO Daily Planners
2015 RCCL Freedom of the Seas (7 day Western - Thanksgiving Cruise)
2016 RCCL Harmony of the Seas (7 day Western - Thanksgiving Cruise) Review, Compasses and AO & Teen Planners