NCL Pride of America ports of call: Rental Cars

VideoTech

We're just off the NCL Pride of America, and since there's been a fair number of questions about renting cars at the POA ports of call, I thought I'd post a summary of our experience.

First of all, please note that we rented from Hertz, but all the major rental car companies seemed to follow the same routine as Hertz. We rented a car in every port except Honolulu, since we were not in Honolulu long enough to justify one.

Kahului, Maui:

Pickup & Dropoff: Very Easy. Hertz and other rental company buses come right to the pier on a regular schedule. Airport rental car lots are 5 minutes from the ship.

Overnight parking: There is a small lot right by the cruise ship, with about 50 spaces. To get in, you simply show your ship key card. Once those spaces are full, the nearest parking is at the Maui Mall, which is a bit of a walk. We were warned not to park along the road leading to the docks as cars will be towed from those locations.

Hilo, Hawaii:

Pickup & Dropoff: Very Easy. Hertz sends a van around on a regular schedule. Airport car rental lots are about 10 minutes away. Since the rental car lots are right outside the airport terminal, the only shuttle van Hertz runs is to the pier and back.

Kalui-Kona, Hawaii:

Pickup: Moderate difficulty. No scheduled rental bus pickup, you have to call them and tell them you're on the pier, and then they'll send a bus. The airport is a good 15-20 minute ride from the pier.

Dropoff: The return shuttle buses from Hertz at the airport leave at 2:30, 3:30, and 4:15. They don't run to the pier any other time.

Note: This is one port where you wouldn't necessarily need a rent car. You tender in and there are all kinds of shops & restaurants in walking distance from the pier, as well as several nearby beaches. Taxis are waiting at the pier if you want one.

Nawiliwili, Kauai:

Pickup & Dropoff: Easy. Hertz buses come to the pier on a regular rotation, along with the other companies. It's about a 10 minute drive to the Hertz lot at Lihue airport. When you return the car to Hertz, just tell them you need a shuttle to the pier and they'll arrange it. No fixed schedule.

Overnight Parking: Not great. Overnight parking is in the lot of the Anchor Cove shopping center, a long two block walk from the pier. They have a sign out showing that they charge $20 for the overnight parking, but when we returned with our car at 10:00 pm there was no one there to collect. The area is probably fairly safe, but it doesn't exactly feel that way: The walk back to the pier at night isn't all that well lit, and there seem to be a lot of people just “hanging around” the area.

Note: There is a shuttle bus from the pier to Anchor Cove shopping center every 10 or 15 minutes all day long; just look to the left as you exit the ship. However, I couldn't find out how late at night the shuttle bus service runs - it certainly wasn't running at 10:00 pm when we parked our car.

All in all, dealing with rent cars at any of these ports is not too bad. If you're not on tours or excursions, or prefer to do your own thing as we do, then a rent car is definitely the way to go. Be prepared for some sticker-shock when you go to refill the car before returning it...gas prices in Hawaii are high!

• Like 3

Lots of helpful information, but one addition. You did say you only used Hertz, but in Kona that makes a difference in the process. There is a Dollar car rental agency inside the Marriott King Kam Hotel right at the pier. No need for shuttles to the airport, but you do need a reservation well in advance as they do run out of cars on cruise ship days.

Edited by Kartgv
  • Like 1

Lots of helpful information, but one addition. You did say you only used Hertz, but in Kona that makes a difference in the process. There is a Dollar car rental agency inside the Marriott King Kam Hotel right at the pier. No need for shuttles to the airport, but you do need a reservation well in advance as they do run out of cars on cruise ship days.

Thanks Kartgv, good info.

Thank you very much, this is so helpful. One question about Kona, besides the shops and restaurants, did you notice many tour operators at the end of the pier? I had read there are tour operators and information people at the end of the pier in the "Hawaii by Cruise Ship" book. Would like to confirm this as my copy is somewhat dated, although I suppose wandering around town would be an ok alternative. We decided against renting cars in Oahu and in Kauai because we felt having a tour guide would be worth the extra money for our limited time in those locations. thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much, this is so helpful. One question about Kona, besides the shops and restaurants, did you notice many tour operators at the end of the pier? I had read there are tour operators and information people at the end of the pier in the "Hawaii by Cruise Ship" book. Would like to confirm this as my copy is somewhat dated, although I suppose wandering around town would be an ok alternative. We decided against renting cars in Oahu and in Kauai because we felt having a tour guide would be worth the extra money for our limited time in those locations. thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Glad you found it helpful! I can't honestly tell you about the tour ops on the pier, because I was looking for the Hertz bus at the time. I will say that it seems highly likely to me that there will be some there.

Also, I noticed in several ports that taxi drivers hang around offering tours, some with signs on their cabs. I've done this in Caribbean, and I'd assume the procedure in Hawaii is the same...settle on where you'll go and what you'll see, and what the final price will be, before you get in the taxi.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad you found it helpful! I can't honestly tell you about the tour ops on the pier, because I was looking for the Hertz bus at the time. I will say that it seems highly likely to me that there will be some there.

Also, I noticed in several ports that taxi drivers hang around offering tours, some with signs on their cabs. I've done this in Caribbean, and I'd assume the procedure in Hawaii is the same...settle on where you'll go and what you'll see, and what the final price will be, before you get in the taxi.

Read your great ship review. We're in a different OS so I read with interest. We are renting a car in every port except Kona. Will you be posting any info on what you did that you enjoyed? Thanks

• 7 years later...

Here's some info I got from a local car rental firm in Hawaii. Pretty comprehensive, up to date and helpful I think!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best information I know is listed below. But ALWAYS confirm with the rental car brand you book with to see if they have any updated information.

Thanks for asking. Everything you need to know about booking cruise ship car rentals and shuttles should be listed below. It is the most up to date information that I’m aware of. But I always suggest calling the car rental brand you will be renting from to verify.

Since the car rental companies change rates all the time, we are unable to give you an estimate that we can guarantee will stick. However, you can check availability, our discount rates, and self-reserve at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net. Reserve now to lock in your rate. No obligation. No pre-payment. Cancel anytime with no penalty.

Car Rental Shuttle Information for Hawaii Cruise Ship Passengers: (Basic Info, scroll down for more information)

1. Most car rental company shuttles either circle around every 15 to 30 minutes or meet the cruise ship automatically (except at Honolulu, see below for more info on that), sometimes you need to call. Please see the following web page for more details and phone numbers. - https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net/hawaii-cruise-ship-car-rentals.php
  2. *There are no shuttles to the Lahaina port from any company.
  3. *There are no shuttles from the HNL Airport to the Honolulu port from any company (see below for port transportation).
  4. First shuttles to the port? Go to webpage link above (item #1), find car rental company you’ll be renting from and give them a call to ask the location irectly.
  5. Last shuttle at the ports? Go to webpage link above (item #1), find car rental company you’ll be renting from, call them to confirm last shuttle time at port. When picking up your car be sure to ask what the return shuttle hours of operation are. You may need to adjust your return time accordingly or ask if they have “after hours drop-off” service. If you are allowed to return the car after hours, then you’ll need a taxi or an Uber car to take you back to the port.
  6. See below for details on how to book a car and get a shuttle, especially for Honolulu options).
  7. Shuttles from the car rental companies are free.

Use these booking location 3-letter codes at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net for cruise ship car rentals and shuttles at each port. Most cars for cruise ship passengers are located at the airports, except Kailua Kona:

• LIH – Kauai - Nawiliwili
  • OGG – Maui - Kahului
  • JHM – Lahaina/Kaanapali (No shuttles to the port. Please use a taxi or an Uber car to Avis, Budget or Enterprise Airport locations).
  • HNL – Honolulu Port (see “Honolulu Cruise Ship Pier - Info about Shuttles“ below)
  • ITO – Hilo
  • KOA – Kona (No shuttle pickup service at the harbor. Book a car at KOA, take a taxi or Uber to KOA Airport location)
  • Kailua - Kona, at the harbor – Option #1 –Take a taxi or Uber to KOA Airport location – more cars/brands to choose from and prices may be cheaper at the airport.
  • Kailua - Kona, at the harbor – Option #2 – see below:
    DOLLAR - Cars are available at the harbor in the King Kamehameha Hotel:
    1. Use our Dollar corporate discount link – http://hawaiicarrentals.dollar.com.
    2. Type in KONA in the search slot and choose location “KONA KING KAMEHAMEHA HOTEL(CRUISE SHIP ARRIVALS)”

ENTERPRISE – Cars are available at their Kailua-Kona in town location, a 3 minute shuttle ride.

1.       Go to https://www.enterprise.com and enter our corporate discount # TGR3602 in the slot under the location and dates fields.

2.       Type in KAILUA in the PICK-UP LOCATION slot and choose Kailua-Kona in the PORTS location (there will be a ship icon).

3.       Call Enterprise 808-331-2509 for free shuttle pickup service. 3 minutes to Enterprise cars. Call in advance of your trip to see if you need to reserve a shuttle or if you can just call them when you arrive at the port.

HERTZ - Cars are available at the harbor in the King Kamehameha Hotel:

1.       Use our Hertz corporate account link – https://goo.gl/Ihnxtg (short link).

2.       Type in KAILUA in the search slot and choose location “Island of Hawaii, Kailua-Kona - King Kam HLE (Off Airport)”

Honolulu Car Rental and Shuttle info for Cruise Ship Passengers:

=============================================

If you are a Honolulu cruise ship passenger, none of the car rental companies make it very easy to rent a car from the port (only Dollar and maybe Enterprise), even from their own websites. Please read this entire email because there is lots of info you’ll need to know. *If it were me, I’d rent from the HNL Airport and take an Uber car back and forth. More info on that below – see Option #1 below.

Honolulu Cruise Ship Pier - Info about Shuttles:

• The car rental companies no longer send shuttles from the airport to the Honolulu cruise ship pier.
  • Some companies send shuttles to the pier from their Waikiki locations (Enterprise and Dollar, see below) – locations and shuttle hours are limited and car may cost more (even 100% more).
  • Waikiki locations aren’t open as early or as late as some cruise ship passengers desire.
  • Cars are usually cheaper at the airport than within Honolulu (Waikiki).
  • Uber is cheaper than a taxi (see below for Uber fare estimator).

Cruise Ship Car Rental Shuttles – Honolulu/Waikiki:

• Option #1: Book car rental at the HNL Airport (No shuttles, use Uber or proceed to Option #2 or #3 below.)
    1. Go to https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net,
    2. Book the Honolulu Airport location (HNL) and choose a car from any company. Then once you arrive, use your Uber mobile phone app to get an Uber car to pick you up at the pier and take you to the car rental location at the airport (and back after you return the car).
  • Option #2: Dollar Waikiki – Shuttle
    HONOLULU - CRUISE SHIP TERMINALS

There is not a specific vehicle rental office at this location, it is a Dollar shuttle pickup location. Customers arriving into the Aloha Tower Cruise Terminal – Pier 11, or the Port of Honolulu – Pier 2 must contact Dollar’s local dispatch office to arrange for a free shuttle. Dollar Phone Number: (808) 952-4264. Shuttle bus service is available based off the cruise ship port schedule. The designated shuttle pickup times at the Pier/Port are 8:30 am and 10:00 am. The designated return/drop-off times to the Pier/Port are 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm. Shuttle Bus service to/from the Airport is NOT available from this location. Vehicles booked from this location must be returned to Dollar at 2002 Kalakaua Avenue. Pick-up and/or drop off should be coordinated with this location. After Hour Returns are NOT allowed. You may want to call this Dollar location before your cruise to confirm location and shuttle hours of operation to and from the pier. . . . Proceed to BOOKING . . .

BOOKING:

1. Go to https://hawaiicarrentals.dollar.com (this is our discount link)
    2. Start typing in Honolulu in the location slot. A drop menu will appear of locations.
    3. Select HONOLULU - CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL
      0?ui=2&ik=d7990be349&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1724026147642646262&th=17ecf8a5a1b99ef6&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-4NV9lDunt3xM9liUUFKm61k7l5ZIYHo1D-VAjLkzPZv6ZD0WcLvfXRTvsh8JYUOmL1_xas86GedULKkkH5TMI64QnXgh7UdALk0RG3E4SjdgEC-JFgvcGT7g&disp=emb
    4. Enter your dates and times (The designated shuttle pickup times at the Pier/Port are 8:30 am and 10:00 am. The designated return/drop-off times to the Pier/Port are 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm).
    5. In the CDP # slot you should see 3026140 (our discount code)
    6. Continue to next page (GET RATES) where you’ll select a car and continue on to final booking.

• Option #3: Waikiki car rental – Enterprise Shuttle
    1. Go to https://www.enterprise.com and enter TGR3602 in the corporate account number slot (you will then get our discount rates).
    2. Type in Honolulu in the location slot. A drop menu will appear of locations.
    3. Select PORTS – Downtown Honolulu Kaka’ako. (677 Ala Moana Blvd) 808-536-1555
      cid:image006.png@01D5874D.868AC2D0
      Hours are usually from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Closed Sundays
    4. Select your travel dates and continue to the next page for car selection.
    5. Select a car and continue on to final booking.

Uber Fare Estimator: I’ve used Uber many times and always had a good experience.

• Honolulu: https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/
    1. In Uber’s locations slots, enter “Pier 2 Honolulu” in the pickup slot and in the drop-off slot type in Dollar or Thrifty Rent a Car (or any other car company, then select their location from the drop down menu. The choice listed at the top is usually their airport location).
    2. Once you’ve made your pickup and drop-off selections, Uber will show you a route map and the rates. Please note that for some reason they show that Taxi’s are only $1.00, which must be some kind of mistake.
    3. Uber rates may vary depending on supply and demand and time of day but at the time of this email we’re seeing rates to the airport car rental companies at around $15-$16.
    4. Uber says, “The upfront price is calculated using the base rate, per minute, and/or per mile rates and may be adjusted due to marketplace factors, promotions, and/or other discounts, and  includes applicable taxes, estimated tolls, fees, and surcharges. Additional charges, such as a wait time fee, may added to your upfront price. If the length or route of your trip changes, your upfront price may change based on the rates above and other applicable taxes, tolls, fees and surcharges.”
  • Lahaina: https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

1.       In the pickup slot start typing “Lahaina” and then choose “Lahaina Harbor” from the drop down menu.

2.       In the drop-off slot start typing Avis, Budget and Enterprise and choose their location from the drop down menu.

3.       Once you’ve made your pickup and drop-off selections, Uber will show you a route map and the rates.

4.       Uber rates may vary depending on supply and demand and time of day but at the time of this email we’re seeing rates to the JHM Airport car rental companies at around $15-$16.

==============================================================================
TIP of the Day - The best way to get the cheapest rates possible:

* I always suggest that if customers have not yet done so, to reserve now (no obligation, no money up front, cancel any time, no cancellation penalty), and then keep checking back between now and right up to your travel dates to see if rates have gone down. If rates do go down, then reserve another car and THEN cancel the first car. That’s the best way to get the cheapest rates possible.

Check availability, our discount rates, and self-reserve at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We hope you have the best time ever in Hawaii!

Best Regards,

Steve Parquet, owner

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 4:04 AM, waterss100 said:

Here's some info I got from a local car rental firm in Hawaii. Pretty comprehensive, up to date and helpful I think!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best information I know is listed below. But ALWAYS confirm with the rental car brand you book with to see if they have any updated information.

Thanks for asking. Everything you need to know about booking cruise ship car rentals and shuttles should be listed below. It is the most up to date information that I’m aware of. But I always suggest calling the car rental brand you will be renting from to verify.

Since the car rental companies change rates all the time, we are unable to give you an estimate that we can guarantee will stick. However, you can check availability, our discount rates, and self-reserve at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net. Reserve now to lock in your rate. No obligation. No pre-payment. Cancel anytime with no penalty.

Car Rental Shuttle Information for Hawaii Cruise Ship Passengers: (Basic Info, scroll down for more information)

1. Most car rental company shuttles either circle around every 15 to 30 minutes or meet the cruise ship automatically (except at Honolulu, see below for more info on that), sometimes you need to call. Please see the following web page for more details and phone numbers. - https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net/hawaii-cruise-ship-car-rentals.php
  2. *There are no shuttles to the Lahaina port from any company.
  3. *There are no shuttles from the HNL Airport to the Honolulu port from any company (see below for port transportation).
  4. First shuttles to the port? Go to webpage link above (item #1), find car rental company you’ll be renting from and give them a call to ask the location irectly.
  5. Last shuttle at the ports? Go to webpage link above (item #1), find car rental company you’ll be renting from, call them to confirm last shuttle time at port. When picking up your car be sure to ask what the return shuttle hours of operation are. You may need to adjust your return time accordingly or ask if they have “after hours drop-off” service. If you are allowed to return the car after hours, then you’ll need a taxi or an Uber car to take you back to the port.
  6. See below for details on how to book a car and get a shuttle, especially for Honolulu options).
  7. Shuttles from the car rental companies are free.

Use these booking location 3-letter codes at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net for cruise ship car rentals and shuttles at each port. Most cars for cruise ship passengers are located at the airports, except Kailua Kona:

• LIH – Kauai - Nawiliwili
  • OGG – Maui - Kahului
  • JHM – Lahaina/Kaanapali (No shuttles to the port. Please use a taxi or an Uber car to Avis, Budget or Enterprise Airport locations).
  • HNL – Honolulu Port (see “Honolulu Cruise Ship Pier - Info about Shuttles“ below)
  • ITO – Hilo
  • KOA – Kona (No shuttle pickup service at the harbor. Book a car at KOA, take a taxi or Uber to KOA Airport location)
  • Kailua - Kona, at the harbor – Option #1 –Take a taxi or Uber to KOA Airport location – more cars/brands to choose from and prices may be cheaper at the airport.
  • Kailua - Kona, at the harbor – Option #2 – see below:
    DOLLAR - Cars are available at the harbor in the King Kamehameha Hotel:
    1. Use our Dollar corporate discount link – http://hawaiicarrentals.dollar.com.
    2. Type in KONA in the search slot and choose location “KONA KING KAMEHAMEHA HOTEL(CRUISE SHIP ARRIVALS)”

ENTERPRISE – Cars are available at their Kailua-Kona in town location, a 3 minute shuttle ride.

1.       Go to https://www.enterprise.com and enter our corporate discount # TGR3602 in the slot under the location and dates fields.

2.       Type in KAILUA in the PICK-UP LOCATION slot and choose Kailua-Kona in the PORTS location (there will be a ship icon).

3.       Call Enterprise 808-331-2509 for free shuttle pickup service. 3 minutes to Enterprise cars. Call in advance of your trip to see if you need to reserve a shuttle or if you can just call them when you arrive at the port.

HERTZ - Cars are available at the harbor in the King Kamehameha Hotel:

1.       Use our Hertz corporate account link – https://goo.gl/Ihnxtg (short link).

2.       Type in KAILUA in the search slot and choose location “Island of Hawaii, Kailua-Kona - King Kam HLE (Off Airport)”

Honolulu Car Rental and Shuttle info for Cruise Ship Passengers:

=============================================

If you are a Honolulu cruise ship passenger, none of the car rental companies make it very easy to rent a car from the port (only Dollar and maybe Enterprise), even from their own websites. Please read this entire email because there is lots of info you’ll need to know. *If it were me, I’d rent from the HNL Airport and take an Uber car back and forth. More info on that below – see Option #1 below.

Honolulu Cruise Ship Pier - Info about Shuttles:

• The car rental companies no longer send shuttles from the airport to the Honolulu cruise ship pier.
  • Some companies send shuttles to the pier from their Waikiki locations (Enterprise and Dollar, see below) – locations and shuttle hours are limited and car may cost more (even 100% more).
  • Waikiki locations aren’t open as early or as late as some cruise ship passengers desire.
  • Cars are usually cheaper at the airport than within Honolulu (Waikiki).
  • Uber is cheaper than a taxi (see below for Uber fare estimator).

Cruise Ship Car Rental Shuttles – Honolulu/Waikiki:

• Option #1: Book car rental at the HNL Airport (No shuttles, use Uber or proceed to Option #2 or #3 below.)
    1. Go to https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net,
    2. Book the Honolulu Airport location (HNL) and choose a car from any company. Then once you arrive, use your Uber mobile phone app to get an Uber car to pick you up at the pier and take you to the car rental location at the airport (and back after you return the car).
  • Option #2: Dollar Waikiki – Shuttle
    HONOLULU - CRUISE SHIP TERMINALS

There is not a specific vehicle rental office at this location, it is a Dollar shuttle pickup location. Customers arriving into the Aloha Tower Cruise Terminal – Pier 11, or the Port of Honolulu – Pier 2 must contact Dollar’s local dispatch office to arrange for a free shuttle. Dollar Phone Number: (808) 952-4264. Shuttle bus service is available based off the cruise ship port schedule. The designated shuttle pickup times at the Pier/Port are 8:30 am and 10:00 am. The designated return/drop-off times to the Pier/Port are 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm. Shuttle Bus service to/from the Airport is NOT available from this location. Vehicles booked from this location must be returned to Dollar at 2002 Kalakaua Avenue. Pick-up and/or drop off should be coordinated with this location. After Hour Returns are NOT allowed. You may want to call this Dollar location before your cruise to confirm location and shuttle hours of operation to and from the pier. . . . Proceed to BOOKING . . .

BOOKING:

1. Go to https://hawaiicarrentals.dollar.com (this is our discount link)
    2. Start typing in Honolulu in the location slot. A drop menu will appear of locations.
    3. Select HONOLULU - CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL
      0?ui=2&ik=d7990be349&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1724026147642646262&th=17ecf8a5a1b99ef6&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-4NV9lDunt3xM9liUUFKm61k7l5ZIYHo1D-VAjLkzPZv6ZD0WcLvfXRTvsh8JYUOmL1_xas86GedULKkkH5TMI64QnXgh7UdALk0RG3E4SjdgEC-JFgvcGT7g&disp=emb
    4. Enter your dates and times (The designated shuttle pickup times at the Pier/Port are 8:30 am and 10:00 am. The designated return/drop-off times to the Pier/Port are 2 pm, 4 pm and 6 pm).
    5. In the CDP # slot you should see 3026140 (our discount code)
    6. Continue to next page (GET RATES) where you’ll select a car and continue on to final booking.

• Option #3: Waikiki car rental – Enterprise Shuttle
    1. Go to https://www.enterprise.com and enter TGR3602 in the corporate account number slot (you will then get our discount rates).
    2. Type in Honolulu in the location slot. A drop menu will appear of locations.
    3. Select PORTS – Downtown Honolulu Kaka’ako. (677 Ala Moana Blvd) 808-536-1555
      cid:image006.png@01D5874D.868AC2D0
      Hours are usually from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Closed Sundays
    4. Select your travel dates and continue to the next page for car selection.
    5. Select a car and continue on to final booking.

Uber Fare Estimator: I’ve used Uber many times and always had a good experience.

• Honolulu: https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/
    1. In Uber’s locations slots, enter “Pier 2 Honolulu” in the pickup slot and in the drop-off slot type in Dollar or Thrifty Rent a Car (or any other car company, then select their location from the drop down menu. The choice listed at the top is usually their airport location).
    2. Once you’ve made your pickup and drop-off selections, Uber will show you a route map and the rates. Please note that for some reason they show that Taxi’s are only $1.00, which must be some kind of mistake.
    3. Uber rates may vary depending on supply and demand and time of day but at the time of this email we’re seeing rates to the airport car rental companies at around $15-$16.
    4. Uber says, “The upfront price is calculated using the base rate, per minute, and/or per mile rates and may be adjusted due to marketplace factors, promotions, and/or other discounts, and  includes applicable taxes, estimated tolls, fees, and surcharges. Additional charges, such as a wait time fee, may added to your upfront price. If the length or route of your trip changes, your upfront price may change based on the rates above and other applicable taxes, tolls, fees and surcharges.”
  • Lahaina: https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

1.       In the pickup slot start typing “Lahaina” and then choose “Lahaina Harbor” from the drop down menu.

2.       In the drop-off slot start typing Avis, Budget and Enterprise and choose their location from the drop down menu.

3.       Once you’ve made your pickup and drop-off selections, Uber will show you a route map and the rates.

4.       Uber rates may vary depending on supply and demand and time of day but at the time of this email we’re seeing rates to the JHM Airport car rental companies at around $15-$16.

TIP of the Day - The best way to get the cheapest rates possible:

* I always suggest that if customers have not yet done so, to reserve now (no obligation, no money up front, cancel any time, no cancellation penalty), and then keep checking back between now and right up to your travel dates to see if rates have gone down. If rates do go down, then reserve another car and THEN cancel the first car. That’s the best way to get the cheapest rates possible.

Check availability, our discount rates, and self-reserve at https://www.hawaiicarrentals.net/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We hope you have the best time ever in Hawaii!

Best Regards,

Steve Parquet, owner

Hi Steve, do you think later on in 2022 they will do shuttles to where the POA moors at? We have been on the POA before and recall them using shuttles. I wonder if you know if you can drop bags at pier then return the car?