Liquor purchased for Cabin Use?

dongordon

If you want a bar set up for your cabin, what brands of vodka and rum does NCL provide?

What set ups can they provide?

Is their a way to get a listing with costs?

Don

For the latest list just call:

Bar service 1-866-625-1159

Vodka - I know was Absolute & Stolie and I think Finlandia and Smirnoff

If you want a bar set up for your cabin, what brands of vodka and rum does NCL provide?

What set ups can they provide?

Is their a way to get a listing with costs?

Don

Rum is Bicardi (both Light and Dark)

Don,

I had a bar set up done yesterday for our Crown and Dawn cruises. The price was $40 per bottle for Absolute and the same for the Bacardi silver and a $3 set up fee. They had a few other brands than Bacardi rum (but not captain morgans) that were $50 a bottle. I also asked for an email confirmation (just for proof of what I ordered) and was told it wouldn't be sent till 48 hours before the cruise:eek:

Sherrie

Don,

I had a bar set up done yesterday for our Crown and Dawn cruises. The price was $40 per bottle for Absolute and the same for the Bacardi silver and a $3 set up fee. They had a few other brands than Bacardi rum (but not captain morgans) that were $50 a bottle. I also asked for an email confirmation (just for proof of what I ordered) and was told it wouldn't be sent till 48 hours before the cruise:eek:

Sherrie

I asked for and got an email while on the phone. Bring a copy of your CC bill. The order not getting to the ship happens and you will need documentation. here is the informal notification I received:

Hello. This is to confirm that a bar set up for a bottle of Absolute Vodka

has been taken care of.

Prepaid at $40.00 + a $3.00 set up fee. Grand total charged is $43.00.

Regards.

Mayra Mateiro

Aloha Passenger Courtesy Coordinator

Don,

Sherrie

Wow, that seems expensive! Was just on Princess and they charged $22 for a bottle of Absolut vodka. Guess I'd better start saving my pennies!!:cool:

Wow, that seems expensive! Was just on Princess and they charged $22 for a bottle of Absolut vodka. Guess I'd better start saving my pennies!!:cool:
Wow, only $22 for a bar set up with Absolut? That is a great deal. I think Celebrity was about the same as NCL but am not positive. NMnita

We cruised on the Celebrity Century last May and had no problem bringing our

own liquor on board. Brought wine on embarkment and then purchased rum and kahlua in the ports. They knew we had it and it was not a problem. No need to request bar set ups.

this may account for the low bar set up. We too brought plenty of wine on board when we sailed the Connie,but got busted trying to bring hard liquor on; us and several others. I guess we just hit a bad crew that sailing cause it seems hardly ever does anyone get busted for bringing in on. Of course we do know the policy is: no liquor allowed to be brought on ship so if they decide to crack down it won't be something we should be shocked about. NMNita

Before I hear how horrible it is from everyone, I am a Jagermeister drinker. I decided to do the hornorable thing and call up NCL for a bar set up for a bottle of Jagermeister. The person I talked to didn't even know how to spell Jager, and after I spelled it, stated it was not included in the liquors that were for the bar set up. I know. A personal tragedy that I will have to deal with. Woe is me. So, does anyone who drinks Jager know if I can get it on board at one of the bars? If not, it does look sort of like Diet Coke. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this thread, I ordered a set up for July 31 cruise. They would not send me a confirm immediately. The placed the order with the 'ship coordinator' (as they called it) while I was on hold and said an email would be forthcoming the week before the sail date as the orders were processed.

I really pushed for an earlier email but she wouldn't budge.

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed on other threads regarding bar set-ups that 'pint' was used in the description of the set-up, not fifth. Is this a mistake, or is it really $43 a pint? If so, I'll just order drinks......

Bigger then a fifth..........a liter:D I was surprised when I first did this, I thought it would be a fifth.

cruisemom42,

I agree--these prices are stiff! On the Coral, we paid $27 for a litre of Bombay sapphire, total ~$31 with the gratuity.

And by the way, what if the advantage to pre-ordering a bar setup before the cruise? Can't one order this onboard from room service or a bar like other cruiselines? What is included in the "bar setup" besides the litre of liquor?

Thanks.

cruisemom42,

I agree--these prices are stiff! On the Coral, we paid $27 for a litre of Bombay sapphire, total ~$31 with the gratuity.

And by the way, what if the advantage to pre-ordering a bar setup before the cruise? Can't one order this onboard from room service or a bar like other cruiselines? What is included in the "bar setup" besides the litre of liquor?

Thanks.

The advantage - pre-ordering the only way to get a liter delivered to your cabin unless you want to pay the per shot price.

Whats included - the liter - you can request mixers at additional cost.

These prices make it soooo tempting to smuggle. Now if they charged $40 and included mixers and some nuts, I would jump at it. But to charge $40 or $50 and then $3 for nothing else, then having to beg them for a confirmation (in case you don't receive it), seems a bit much to me.:(

These prices make it soooo tempting to smuggle. Now if they charged $40 and included mixers and some nuts, I would jump at it. But to charge $40 or $50 and then $3 for nothing else, then having to beg them for a confirmation (in case you don't receive it), seems a bit much to me.:(

Go for it - but if they hold your bottle to the end don't be upset. I still think the set-up is a deal.

Look at it this way. I just ordered a liter of Absolute that retails here for $27 plus tax totals $29. I am only paying a $14 premium to have the bottle delieved to my cabin and not have to worry about smuggling.

If you make it you only save the price of 3 drinks ($14). If you fail you are paying retail for every drink. The net a better deal then cruise insurance. :)

FYI you only pay one $3 charge no matter how many bottles you order. We spend 1000s on a cruise and focus on $15 - go figure :rolleyes:

i agree with Shoreguy, yes the cost seems like a real ripoff but we figure, 1st, we are spending bucks for our cruise what is another $50 plus if we take DH's precious scotch and figure how many drinks he will get out of the bottle compared to per drink, we really can't complain. As for vodka, we will probably try to get a bottle on via the luggage, If we don't the world will not come to an end. NMnita

i agree with Shoreguy, yes the cost seems like a real ripoff but we figure, 1st, we are spending bucks for our cruise what is another $50 plus if we take DH's precious scotch and figure how many drinks he will get out of the bottle compared to per drink, we really can't complain. As for vodka, we will probably try to get a bottle on via the luggage, If we don't the world will not come to an end. NMnita

Just the opposite - I will pick up one of those little bottles of Johnny Blue from duty free in the airport. I can think of nothing better then sipping a little single malt late at night in the middle of tha Atlantic :)

If I were going to Poland prior to the cruise I to would have vodka in the bag. ;)

Just the opposite - I will pick up one of those little bottles of Johnny Blue from duty free in the airport. I can think of nothing better then sipping a little single malt late at night in the middle of tha Atlantic :)

If I were going to Poland prior to the cruise I to would have vodka in the bag. ;)

That's why I said I would try and get Vodka onto the ship: Poland, Vodka, just ask my daughter, the big wine drinker. Well she was, until moving to Poland on a temp assignment almost 2 years ago, now she drinks Vodka the way she used to drink wine. Thank God she will return to America in December we hope. Then it's back to wine. LOL

Archived