Just booked Liberty sailing from Bayonne

I just reserved on the May 21 sailing right after that, but the prices are going to need to come down before I fully commit. $4800 for two people in an E2 :eek::eek:. Right now it's significantly cheaper to fly to San Juan or Florida and cruise from there.

Called yesterday to book Liberty for next May. No way will I pay those ridiculous prices. We loved Explorer and she was affordable and convenient. Royal Caribbean is pricing us out of the market. If people don't book maybe they'll get the hint and drop the prices.

Called yesterday to book Liberty for next May. No way will I pay those ridiculous prices. We loved Explorer and she was affordable and convenient. Royal Caribbean is pricing us out of the market. If people don't book maybe they'll get the hint and drop the prices.

I was sticker shocked myself. Looked at 5 night August sailing. $1500/pp for OV :eek::eek::eek:

I agree. If people book with the intention of waiting for a price drop it won't happen because you're filling up the cabins. Only if Royal sees empty cabins will they drop the price. Booking now at a price you have no intention of paying defeats the purpose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I agree. If people book with the intention of waiting for a price drop it won't happen because you're filling up the cabins. Only if Royal sees empty cabins will they drop the price. Booking now at a price you have no intention of paying defeats the purpose.

Agree, don't book now. Prices will fall, market demand will set the price.

I agree 100%. It always amazes me...

Usually it pays to book as early as possible, but this Liberty sailings release is going to prove that rule wrong.

Even if they want to keep their prices, but offer other incentives for sailing, you know they are going to be 'new bookings only'. I'd rather just wait and see.

Edited by marci22

I say that all the time. I don't get people who think they will book early and then just wait for a price drop. How do they not get that they will be the reason that the price drop never comes. Do they really think RCI is going to drop the prices on a cruise that is selling?:rolleyes:

This is the exact reason why Quantum of the Seas is setting sail for China......You won't pay the prices now for Liberty, you surely won't pay the prices they want for Quantum.

That is why it's going to China where it will get those rates.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

I just reserved on the May 21 sailing right after that, but the prices are going to need to come down before I fully commit. $4800 for two people in an E2 :eek::eek:. Right now it's significantly cheaper to fly to San Juan or Florida and cruise from there.

I though about doing that one as well. But i might just do the Adventure out of San Juan for May 2015. just have to price out the air some or get a good esimate , since its over 13 months away

This is the exact reason why Quantum of the Seas is setting sail for China......You won't pay the prices now for Liberty, you surely won't pay the prices they want for Quantum.

As the Explorer has been very successful out of Cape Liberty I thinks it's obvious that this market will pay a fair price for the product, and that's definitely a premium for sure. And we were all prepared to pay higher prices for Quantum and many have booked after we got over the sticker shock. However, I don't think anyone is going to pay ridiculously overpriced prices for Liberty or any other ship, especially when there's lots of competition out there. If China will pay any cost to sail on Quantum, they can have it. I will continue to pay what I consider is fair and if that means flying to another port, so be it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My thought exactly. I just booked a seven nighter for next March on Jewel from SJ, but when I heard that Liberty was going to be sailing from Bayonne, I was excited to see the itineraries. On seeing your thread, I went right to the website and checked it out. Only 5 nighters, with only two days at port? As much as I'd like to try a Freedom class voyage, none of the prices/itineraries measure up to the prices/itineraries offered for the SJ cruises.

I think the cruiselines have woke up to the outrageous value that has been cruising. They're starting to cash in a little.

We usually book our cruises 1year in advance and only had the price drop twice; usually the price goes up.

But, in this case the rates are too high and I agree: don't book yet, they will go down if bookings are slow.

BTW... RCI is always more expensive than the other lines out of the NY area, but these are higher than usual. Maybe they want to fill the Quantum sailings first and try to stop cancelations of those who made prior reservations on Quantum.

I'm excited about Liberty sailing out of my homeport, but not at those prices. I'm going to sit and wait too.

Losing interest in RCI after some of the recent choices they've made. If I didn't have 4 NCCs, we'd jump over to Celebrity.

We did the early booking because we need an accessible cabin. I agree the price is way too high but the 3rd person in the room is less than half the other rate so divided by three it doesn't seem quite as $$$. The cruise is a gift for my Mom's 80'd b-day and we need it to be local and a 5 night is perfect. This will be her first cruise.

I always have good luck with price drops on every Royal cruise I've sailed. Sometimes I get the original cabin for less or upgrade for slightly more than what I originally booked. :)

I think the Liberty prices are Quantum prices. They switched the ship but did not adjust the prices (yet). There comes a point that people simply can't pay what they are asking. This is a mass market cruise line.

I don't think they are going to China to get higher rates. If so, they would have made that decision much earlier. This is a last minute switch.

Looks like the prices might already be coming down. The sailing is now showing $4337.00 for two people in an E2 cabin. :)

Agree in principle, but I wanted a specific cabin. If it was unavailable I would have defaulted back to "any balcony will do" and not reserved yet. I suspect that there will still be a ton of unsold rooms.

Looks like the prices might already be coming down. The sailing is now showing $4337.00 for two people in an E2 cabin. :)

Sorry I didn't realize I was quoting the all in price. Gratuities and cruise care come out to $454 on top of that.

Agree in principle, but I wanted a specific cabin. If it was unavailable I would have defaulted back to "any balcony will do" and not reserved yet. I suspect that there will still be a ton of unsold rooms.

Are you willing to pay the price you're currently booked at?

I was also sticker shocked by Liberty's prices. :eek: Are they - you kidding. :rolleyes: I booked an 11 night Quantum cruise for less. :D BTW, Quantum was selling out just fine.

Are you willing to pay the price you're currently booked at?

If it comes down to it, I wouldn't have much choice. My only other option is to fly somewhere...while still more expensive, it gets the price closer. I guess I was just hoping for Florida prices.

I'm sure the prices will drop. We returned from Bermuda on Explorer on 4/10. Our rate was $379.00 pp inside with a little more off for a C and A S.S. Liberty isn't all that different from Explorer except for the Flowrider and a few specialty restaurants.