Uniworld: To Extend or Not Extend... That's the first question :)

Cruisenmike711

Hi All!

We are booked on a Uniworld Cruise for May 2015, Vienna to Prague. I'm thinking of extending the Vienna portion and was wondering if I did this through Uniworld, what inclusions (if any) would there be? Is it worth doing through them or on my own?

Second, a minor logistic question. Does anyone have any knowledge of the best way to fly to Vienna from philadelphia? I'm trying to do this in the shortest air time as possible and would be open to leaving from a different airport (ie NYC)

Thanks!

Hi All!

We are booked on a Uniworld Cruise for May 2015, Vienna to Prague. I'm thinking of extending the Vienna portion and was wondering if I did this through Uniworld, what inclusions (if any) would there be? Is it worth doing through them or on my own?

Second, a minor logistic question. Does anyone have any knowledge of the best way to fly to Vienna from philadelphia? I'm trying to do this in the shortest air time as possible and would be open to leaving from a different airport (ie NYC)

Thanks!

My personal opinion of Vienna is that it is an easy city to do on your own. The Hop On bus takes you to all of the sights you would want to see. Do your research as to where you want to stop, purchase any tickets you can in advance and enjoy the beautiful city.

Cole

I agree that Vienna is easy to do on your own and probably less expensive and more flexible than through Uniworld. We easily used the trams and subway trains to get around when we returned to Vienna for three days after our Passau to Budapest Uniworld cruise.

we ve stayed pre and post cruise depending on trip.Booked own hotel thru hotels.com,etc.Also used HOHO bus,then on own with guidebook.Stay in center of town.Boat is docked about 20 mins.from there.

Also,get own air on Kayak,or Matrix and can put in shortest time,rather than least expensive. Should have quite a few options PS..I ve even stayed at same hotel listed by cruiseling,on own,and gotten cheaper rates.Then they just let us get on bus for transfer to ship,but might have been a slip up since we didn't pay extra,or book with them.??

If you're willing to fly out of Dulles, Austrian Air has a direct flight to Vienna....at least they do in September when I'm flying direct to Vienna from Chicago.

Try hipmunk.com for your airfare search. You can search by "agony factor" to avoid annoying connections.