Ruby Princess - New Promenade Benches

CRLess

Just got off the Ruby yesterday morning and thought I would share a picture of one of the brand new bench seats on the Promenade Deck. They were still working on final installation of them on the starboard side and I am not sure if there are more of them to come. They sure seemed nice though....Hope this works....

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/q73/s480x480/10154297_10202911042490537_1711877664541606436_n.jpg

You know I saw these on the Sapphire last month and was told that they were also storage for the photo gallery equip of some kind.

The ends open up.

Were they in addition to the teak lounges or did they replace the teak loungers?

Were they in addition to the teak lounges or did they replace the teak loungers?

There was still plenty of the teak chairs with cushions all around. I just assumed these were being added for more seating and more importantly life vest storage. They sure are a nice addition....

Yes they had them in an open area. I don't think they were replacing any teak loungers. They were refinishing many of them.

There was still plenty of the teak chairs with cushions all around. I just assumed these were being added for more seating and more importantly life vest storage. They sure are a nice addition....

Thanks - they do look attractive. I still love my teak loungers! Glad they are in addition!

Edited by Coral

Thanks - they do look attractive. I still love my teak loungers! Glad they are in addition!

To be honest when we were walking the promenade we saw them and thought they were pretty gaudy looking. They had just loaded them onboard and they were temporarily strapped to the railing in about the same spot this one was.

I also thought they may put them in the photo gallery somehow. :eek:

yikes, those look pretty bad...i think i liked the old wood ones..i cant remember if they had something carved into them, like the ship name? Or maybe thats only on HAL.

Sorry, but IMO, the one pictured looks pretty basic .... rather like something a DIY amateur carpenter hammered together in his garage.

They sure don't look like they would be comfortable to sit on to while away a couple of hours, reading or enjoying the ocean views.

Sure glad to hear the teak lounges are still there!

To be honest when we were walking the promenade we saw them and thought they were pretty gaudy looking. They had just loaded them onboard and they were temporarily strapped to the railing in about the same spot this one was.

I also thought they may put them in the photo gallery somehow. :eek:

If they are storage devices, they are doing something to make them look better than just having storage devices out there.

If they are storage devices, they are doing something to make them look better than just having storage devices out there.

No I think what you see is what you get.

I can see they are made much bigger to allow the storage of some kind inside them.

These do not look comfortable at all. They look like they were designed for storage first and then, oh yeah, people will sit on them anyway, so let's make 'em seats as well. I really hope these will not reduce the quantity of loungers. Lounging on the promanade deck on a sea day is one of our favourite passtimes. Shaded and much quieter than the pool areas.

On the Ruby...

We did notice it/them as we walked the promenade. I only recall one on one side and it seemed pretty far forward. Maybe there was one on the other side but by then it wasn't anything noticeable. It was big though.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina

Just got off the Ruby yesterday morning and thought I would share a picture of one of the brand new bench seats on the Promenade Deck. They were still working on final installation of them on the starboard side and I am not sure if there are more of them to come. They sure seemed nice though....Hope this works....

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/q73/s480x480/10154297_10202911042490537_1711877664541606436_n.jpg

Looks interesting. Having sailed many times on the Sapphire Princess from the West Coast I am really spoiled. The Sapphire and Diamond both have full, padded loungers on the promenade deck. I have taken advantage of these loungers so many times and have loved the experience. I'm a little sad that I won't have that amazing experience again on the West Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk