Bringing soda and alcohol on board

surrocruiser

I'm really trying to find some ideas on how I can pull this off. We went pretty high over budget to get the rear facing balcony I wanted and I am trying to cut costs where I can. We wanted to bring a couple different bottles and two or three twelve packs of soda. We fly in 4 hours before sailing time. We are planning to grab a taxi to the peir. Anyone have ideas for the best way to get these items on board. I can pack them in a rolling suitcase but I was concerned with the effects of flying in the carbonated items.

What port are sailing from? 4 hours before the cruise is cutting it short for travel delays. We usually pick up our soda on the way to the ship. Most taxi drivers are willing to stop on the way if you have time.

Depending on which port, many CCers know where the closest stores are to the port.

We are on the 9/24 sailing of the Carribean Princess out of Port Everglades. I wanted to fly the night before but because I'm not taking my children and time off of work, the morning flight was the only option.We actually arrive in Fort Lauderdale at 11:18 and the ship departs at 5. I was allowing time for getting luggage and finding a cab. I tend to over plan those types of things.

We are on the 9/24 sailing of the Carribean Princess out of Port Everglades. I wanted to fly the night before but because I'm not taking my children and time off of work, the morning flight was the only option.We actually arrive in Fort Lauderdale at 11:18 and the ship departs at 5. I was allowing time for getting luggage and finding a cab. I tend to over plan those types of things.

Have your cab stop off at the Publix Market about 1/2 a mile from the port. You can get pop at the market and there is a liquor store accrossed the street. I wouldn't bring hard liquor on though, it's just as cheap to pre-order or order bottles delivered to your cabin. You can bring wine and beer for that matter - We brought 24 diet coke and 24 Negro Modelo's, some margarita mix, and a bottle of wine. We brought an extra small roller suit case to carry this stuff on.

HAVE FUN!!

I have a little folding suitcase that I put 2 6-packs of 20 oz bottles of D.P. in and carried it right on. No problems. I preferred the bottles as I can reseal them if I don't drink the whole thing. Got them at Publix. You can restock at some ports if you need to. I bought a couple of extra bottles at a grocery at Havensight Mall on ST Thomas. Again, carried my supplies on, no problem.

Have your cab stop off at the Publix Market about 1/2 a mile from the port. You can get pop at the market and there is a liquor store accrossed the street. I wouldn't bring hard liquor on though, it's just as cheap to pre-order or order bottles delivered to your cabin. You can bring wine and beer for that matter - We brought 24 diet coke and 24 Negro Modelo's, some margarita mix, and a bottle of wine. We brought an extra small roller suit case to carry this stuff on.

HAVE FUN!!

You do know that the Publix Market has now moved across the side street from Amerisutes? Last time we were there they didn't have a liquor store open but there might be one in the new shopping complex by now.

Another pepsi drinker here. My hubby gets one of those plastic crates from Home Depot and we fill it up with his water (he's allergic to ship's water), Pepsi products and the flavored water my daughter likes -- and isn't available on the ship. A couple of cruises I do get the soda card but Diet Coke isn't the same. And don't get me started on Sprite.

You do know that the Publix Market has now moved across the side street from Amerisutes? Last time we were there they didn't have a liquor store open but there might be one in the new shopping complex by now.

I was there last July - so if it's changed, sorry. There is a liquor store on the side street by the Publix Market Shopping center we went to last summer.

Sorry, but I'm offended by this. What could a couple of soda cards cost?

Sorry you are offended by this, but a lot of people have their different reasons for taking their own on board, and Princess allows it, well not the hard liquor (which we buy from princess) but they allow, wine, beer, pop, soda, champagne, water to be brought aboard. Why not get what you want, especially for all those cabin parties!:D

This is not a thread to advise you are offended, they want to know where to buy drinking supplies before boarding. Maybe another thread has been started for what offends all of us, in fact I am sure there is one or two of those!

Thanks so much for all your responses. I didn't know you could purchase a bottle from the bar at a lower cost. I thought it was individual drinks only. That will be a great help.

As far as the soda card goes, I don't like fountain drinks. And the person traveling with me is a Mountain Dew only kind of person. Sorry if that offended some people. I was just looking for advice b/c those were the two things I wish we had done differently on my two previous cruises.

Thanks everyone. I love all the good ideas I have found on here. You guys are great.

It is definitely a great perk to be able to puchase liquor from room service for your cabin. They are different prices for liter bottles but most are in the $20-$25 range.

I am also a pepsi drinker and as long as Princess allows soda, wine and champagne to be carried on, I will take along my soda of choice. The soda cards are very reasonable but I just don't like coke products.

I realize this is really a long-shot for someone to know, but does anyone know if the Diamond has Amaretto that you can purchase on board by the bottle? We have a big Amaretto lover with us for this coming Saturday's cruise and if we can't buy it on board we'll have to get it while we're in Seattle. Thanks! :)

I know it is not on the list of liquor that can be purchased from room service, but you may be able to purchase it from one of the bars onboard. But without it on the list, I would have no idea what the price would be to you. Sorry!

Is there a limit to how much water, soda, etc. we can bring on? Between the wine, champagne, bubbly water, and soda I think we will need a milk crate or a couple of very large bags. Does anyone think that will be a problem on the Diamond Princess? Thanks! :)

Sorry, but I'm offended by this. What could a couple of soda cards cost?

I think that two soda cards cost over $80.00. I like the convenience of having them in the room when I want one. Why would this offend you anyway?

Is there a limit to how much water, soda, etc. we can bring on? Between the wine, champagne, bubbly water, and soda I think we will need a milk crate or a couple of very large bags. Does anyone think that will be a problem on the Diamond Princess? Thanks! :)

Remember that you might be in line for a while or have to walk a fair distance to check in and get on board. Try to keep your carry-ons manageable, and you'll be a much happier person. It can be a long way to your cabin once you get on board, too.

Archived