Celebrity Policy on bringing Liquor on board

Hot Rod

I was told by my Travel Agent that if I packed a bottle of liquor in my luggage in order to have a drink before Dinner in the privacy of my cabin, If a member of the staff found the bottle in your cabin he or she could confiscate it and return it to you at the end of the trip. Is that true? It has been a number of years since my last cruise so I am not sure it the rules have changed, I was told that if you purchase a bottle of liquor on board in the shops, you may not consume that purchase while at sea and that the purchase would be delivered to you on the last night of the cruise. Is that true?

You can order liquor to be delivered to your stateroom. It comes with some pop (and nuts, I think). Check out their order form.

If you do pack it in your suitcase (not carry-on) ensure it is in a plastic bottle and in a zip lock. None of the people I know have ever had a problem with the staff taking it but then again they tip for ice. In some cases, they were called down to the Front Office where the bottle was taken from the suitcase in their presents and returned the last day.

I have not been on Celebrity before so they may be different. But, I have taken wine in my carry-on and not had a problem.

I know that you may buy liquor in their duty free store but it won't be delivered to you until the last night. However, I've had a bottle of rum in my room in plane view and it wasn't touched.

Somebody wrote recently that they had a bottle in their bag and that it was confiscated by security but that was the first time I'd ever heard of this. Perhaps others can reply to you question.

I can't tell you about Celebrity, but on Carnival I took two bottles of wine, one Champagne, and a bottle of rum and didn't have a problem. I simply bubble wrapped it, rolled it in a paper bag and stuck it in my suitcase. I plan to do the same thing on my upcoming Summit cruise. I like to have drinks to enjoy on our balcony. Anyway, I think packing it in the suitcase versus in a bag you carry on can make a difference. Hope I'm right! Good luck!

In the past year I have put bottles of alcohol in my checked luggage on Princess, NCL, Crystal, HAL, RCI, and Celebrity. Never any problems. Have heard others complain that their's was confiscated and given back on the last night. I know you're not supposed to bring it but if I can save a little on my bar tab I'm happy.

We brought 8 bottles of wine with us on the Summit in May.

Additionally, we bought some wine in our fist port and brought it aboard in our carry on. Nobody said a word.

We even sent several bottles to the dining room for dinner and no problem. They just charged us a corkage fee of $15 per bottle which is actually a tip to the wine steward in the dining room.

So, no problem at all on Celebrity with bringing your own on board.

We brought 8 bottles of wine with us on the Summit in May.

Additionally, we bought some wine in our fist port and brought it aboard in our carry on. Nobody said a word.

We even sent several bottles to the dining room for dinner and no problem. They just charged us a corkage fee of $15 per bottle which is actually a tip to the wine steward in the dining room.

So, no problem at all on Celebrity with bringing your own on board.

Just so we're clear, the wine steward only clears $5 of the $15, which is about the same as ordering a $33 bottle of wine at the usual 15% gratuity (there's no additional gratuity added to the $15). The other $10 goes to "the house". If I am treated to proper wine service, and believe me, it's occasionally been outstanding (e.g., proper decanting, better stemware from the specialty restaurant which the steward had to wash and return personally, etc.), I provide an extra tip to the steward at the end of the cruise. It seems a bit unfair to be uncorking high end wines and paying tips as though they were $33 bottles.

We were just on the Millenium in the Med and the policy is absolutely stupid.

My wife packed one of those bottle of premade martini's and a bottle of wine in her suitcase. A friend brought a bottle of Vodka. No problem with them getting on board. We also left them in plain site the whole trip. As for buying in the duty free shop, that is not allowed. Only for delivery the last night to take with you. I tried bringing my Celebrity bag with me but no dice.

As a policy this is one of the stupidest ones I have ever heard. After spending thousands on a trip why would I buy a couple of bottles in the duty free shop to ship back to the states and save $5.00. As it is I could buy the same in any airport and bring it home.

As for bringing liquor on board they don't have any problem with that. At every port we brought back at least a 6 pack of the local beer. We also brought on wine and rum. They never said a word about it.

Crazy policy. They won't let you buy on board but won't stop you from buying it in port and bringing it on the ship.

We boarded the Constellation in San Juan, already had bottles in our checked luggage, after checking in at the port we visited the Duty Free shop. We bought 3 bottles of spirits, 2 bottles of wine, and a 6 pack of pepsi............they were boxed up for us ..............carried these on to the ship ............no problems. :D

after learning from the CD on Connie, I take my navy blue Celebrity tote from the closet to the duty free store & purchased a liter of Bailey which was put in the bag at the feet of the salesman & it comes to the stateroom with us. A week later we bought Grey Goose & again it came back with us. Infinity was the same............

We were just on the Millenium in the Med and the policy is absolutely stupid.

My wife packed one of those bottle of premade martini's and a bottle of wine in her suitcase. A friend brought a bottle of Vodka. No problem with them getting on board. We also left them in plain site the whole trip. As for buying in the duty free shop, that is not allowed. Only for delivery the last night to take with you. I tried bringing my Celebrity bag with me but no dice.

As a policy this is one of the stupidest ones I have ever heard. After spending thousands on a trip why would I buy a couple of bottles in the duty free shop to ship back to the states and save $5.00. As it is I could buy the same in any airport and bring it home.

As for bringing liquor on board they don't have any problem with that. At every port we brought back at least a 6 pack of the local beer. We also brought on wine and rum. They never said a word about it.

Crazy policy. They won't let you buy on board but won't st

That is the reason it is duty free, unfortunately has to do with the law and not Celebrity policy. Next time you get liquor duty free, read the paper work that comes with it and it will be much clearer. May also change from ship to ship depending on ports involved.

after learning from the CD on Connie, I take my navy blue Celebrity tote from the closet to the duty free store & purchased a liter of Bailey which was put in the bag at the feet of the salesman & it comes to the stateroom with us. A week later we bought Grey Goose & again it came back with us. Infinity was the same............

When was it that you did this? These things seem to change periodically ... I wonder if it depends on the sales person on the ship.

When was it that you did this? These things seem to change periodically ... I wonder if it depends on the sales person on the ship.

Spender, It worked a couple a years ago on the Galaxy, but I’ve tried it again several times since then and they just laughed at me! We have smuggled stuff onboard from some ports, the wifester hid the bottle between the triple E’s, but that can’t work for everyone, sorry!

Archived