Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruises has today revealed a series of brand-first enhancements to be introduced onboard Celebrity Equinox. Emerging from a scheduled drydock in Cadiz, Spain on Thursday, May 8, the Solstice Class ship will tout new signature spaces and experiences in time for guests’ summer vacations during Celebrity’s most immersive season in Europe.

Recognized for its unique and rich dining program, Celebrity will add two one-of-a-kind concepts to the array of guest-favorite Solstice Class features onboard:

Gastrobar – A new craft beer and comfort food venue, Gastrobar will offer food and beer enthusiasts over 40 handcrafted boutique beers to choose from in addition to Celebrity's varied collection of wines and tasty cocktails with a twist, all perfectly paired with a menu of elevated bar-fare creations. Gastrobar’s upscale casual surroundings will feature inviting entertainment and music for the complete sophisticated lounge experience. Guests can find the new venue in the space formerly known as Cellar Masters.

Slush – Expanding guests’ ‘cool’ beverage options, Slush – a frozen drinks venue – introduces Celebrity’s curated menu of flavor-rich and fresh frozen cocktails. Slush will feature alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails with perfectly balanced ingredients ranging from fresh pressed lemon juice, raspberries, cucumbers and mint to Persian lime, Florida Valencia and Hamlin orange juice with organic agave nectar.

Celebrity Equinox will also expand its retail offerings with "The Studio - Fine Art Photography” – a high-end portrait studio ideal for capturing guests’ friends, family or couples vacation photos; the addition of the ever-popular Michael Kors boutique, first introduced onboard Celebrity Silhouette; enhanced upscale brand products available in stores including Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Desigual and UNOde50; and the ship's new Internet lounge, Celebrity iLounge, in the space formerly known as Online@Celebrity.

Starting June 15, 2014, Celebrity Equinox offers four different 7-night Mediterranean sailings, which can be combined into immersive vacation experiences as long as 28 nights, with Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy the only repeat port-of-call in the lineup

This is what's listed under Equinox on the Celebrity website:

Slush

Chill out with a flurry of fresh frozen cocktails located pool side to help you keep your cool. Cocktails range from Russian Standard Vodka, Limoncello, fresh pressed lemon juice and raspberries to Hendricks Gin, fresh cucumbers and mint, fresh Persian lime & Florida Valencia & Hamlin orange juice, all balanced with organic agave nectar. Several of the cocktails are also available in non-alcoholic versions.

I am assuming the new photo studio is replacing the Lawn Club Store? That is what a friend told me who is a gaffer with CMOG.

I never got my pink Lawn Club t-shirt. I'm sure the Lawn Club store was not a big money maker, but I did enjoy the Lawn Club store items since you can only get that on ship. I have a key chain and gray t-shirt from our first cruise and was hoping to buy more Lawn Club items.

Appears that the rumor that Cellar Masters will become a Pub like venue are true. Heard that one at least 6 months ago while on Constellation. Also heard that Cellar Masters, or new named venue, might change from ship to ship.Can you confirm? What about the addition of a Suite restaurant? Would make sense to do it while in drydock.

Slush

Chill out with a flurry of fresh frozen cocktails located pool side to help you keep your cool. Cocktails range from Russian Standard Vodka, Limoncello, fresh pressed lemon juice and raspberries to Hendricks Gin, fresh cucumbers and mint, fresh Persian lime & Florida Valencia & Hamlin orange juice, all balanced with organic agave nectar. Several of the cocktails are also available in non-alcoholic versions.

Thanks...I hadn't checked the website yet.

Woody

Thanks for sharing this info...it states where Gastrobar is...where is Slush located?

Thanks

Woody

I would like to know this too....

"Chill out with a flurry of fresh frozen cocktails located pool side to help you keep your cool"

I'm guessing that Gastrobar is going to be a specialty restaurant with a fee associated? :confused:

Sounds like it's going to be a bar and one can order food here which we have to assume will come with a cost just like the alcoholic beverages.

Edited by cruisingator2

Sounds like it's going to be a bar and one can order food here which we have to assume will come with a cost just like the alcoholic beverages.

I suspect you are right. Would be nice if Celebrity commented on this.

Sounds nice. We will be trying out the new Gastrobar soon.

And we will be waiting to 'see' :D what you think!

Just what will this be; "creative cocktails and elevated bar snacks"

I thought that was what the Molecular Mixology was.

Edited by wallie5446

I guess someone has to ask.....are the drinks in Slush included in the classic drink package many of us received as part of 1-2-3?

Hi all,

Regarding Slush, the non-Alcoholic drinks are included in the Classic package. The alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included in Premium package.

As for the Gastropub, the food options will have a charge and will be a la carte.

Hope this helps!

Hi all,

Regarding Slush, the non-Alcoholic drinks are included in the Classic package. The alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included in Premium package.

As for the Gastropub, the food options will have a charge and will be a la carte.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the additional information !

Hi all,

Hope this helps!

So all the "alcoholic" drinks will be over $8 ea, and require us to have the Premium pkg to be covered, right?

Edited by wallie5446

I don't like the name Gastrobar. Sounds so... Gastric :eek:

I'm not loving the name either - I already have a bunch of gas jokes at the ready. However, the Gastrobar name goes nicely with "Modern Luxury" theme. At any rate, I hope both new venues will prove to be very popular with Celebrity's guests.

Edited by Host Andy

Celebrity Cruises has today revealed a series of brand-first enhancements to be introduced onboard Celebrity Equinox. Emerging from a scheduled drydock in Cadiz, Spain on Thursday, May 8, the Solstice Class ship will tout new signature spaces and experiences in time for guests’ summer vacations during Celebrity’s most immersive season in Europe.

Recognized for its unique and rich dining program, Celebrity will add two one-of-a-kind concepts to the array of guest-favorite Solstice Class features onboard:

Gastrobar – A new craft beer and comfort food venue, Gastrobar will offer food and beer enthusiasts over 40 handcrafted boutique beers to choose from in addition to Celebrity's varied collection of wines and tasty cocktails with a twist, all perfectly paired with a menu of elevated bar-fare creations. Gastrobar’s upscale casual surroundings will feature inviting entertainment and music for the complete sophisticated lounge experience. Guests can find the new venue in the space formerly known as Cellar Masters.

Slush – Expanding guests’ ‘cool’ beverage options, Slush – a frozen drinks venue – introduces Celebrity’s curated menu of flavor-rich and fresh frozen cocktails. Slush will feature alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails with perfectly balanced ingredients ranging from fresh pressed lemon juice, raspberries, cucumbers and mint to Persian lime, Florida Valencia and Hamlin orange juice with organic agave nectar.

Celebrity Equinox will also expand its retail offerings with "The Studio - Fine Art Photography” – a high-end portrait studio ideal for capturing guests’ friends, family or couples vacation photos; the addition of the ever-popular Michael Kors boutique, first introduced onboard Celebrity Silhouette; enhanced upscale brand products available in stores including Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Desigual and UNOde50; and the ship's new Internet lounge, Celebrity iLounge, in the space formerly known as Online@Celebrity.

Starting June 15, 2014, Celebrity Equinox offers four different 7-night Mediterranean sailings, which can be combined into immersive vacation experiences as long as 28 nights, with Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy the only repeat port-of-call in the lineup

Thanks very much for sharing this information here with us, and for providing the follow-up details as well. The new spaces sound very interesting and the drinks sound great. I really do appreciate your efforts to keep us up-to-date with correct information.

Thanks very much for sharing this information here with us, and for providing the follow-up details as well. The new spaces sound very interesting and the drinks sound great. I really do appreciate your efforts to keep us up-to-date with correct information.

Thank you!

Slush

WOW! Did everyone notice "fresh Persian lime"?? Was that a typo or do we need to make reservations now to avoid the long lines to get in?LOL:eek::eek: