Mercury Liquor Question, please

goldsmip

The last time I was on Mercury in 2001 there was a liquor store on board and you were allowed to purchase spirits and take them to your room for consumption. I don't remember if you paid more for in room consumption, but it was allowed. Are there and options at all for puchase of spirits for in room consumption aboard the Mercury? If so, any idea of prices, selection, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Their policy is not to allow taking any back to your stateroom until the last day of the cruise. With at said, We have done it with our blue carry bag at was in our stateroom. We, by the way, don't drink in our stateroom perfer going to a bar on the ship.

I guess it depends on the cruise like a TransAltantic and the store manager.

They do have a program where you can buy for the room. It will be in your "book" which you will get just before sailing with your "tickets"

We are planning our first X cruise but have been on many RCCL and Holland. On those lines there is a wine "package" you can order with dinner. Does the Mercury or other X ships have this? If so anyone know what kinds of wine are on it?

I have been on many celebrity cruises and I do enjoy a drink in my cabin before dinner, as the wife is getting dressed, (that gives me time for many). Anyway instead of trying to sneek a bottle on to the ship, around the second day, I will go to the liquor store on board, and ask if I could get a bottle to go. As a rule they will tell you that is not allowed, but if you will bring your tote bag along, they will sell it to you so you can have a drink in your room.

At least this way they make some money and you still feel like you are getting away with something. Enjoy.

lb--Celebrity does not offer wine packages. You can pre-order a Bon Voyage wine package to be in your room when you arrive, but they don't offer any deals like that on board, you simply must order by the glass or individual bottle!

...but if you will bring your tote bag along, they will sell it to you ...

What is this world coming to? Back in the old days, you were able to take a bottle of whiskey, in a brown bag, to the track in Wheeling, West Virginia and sit and watch the horse races and have a toddy or two. Now, you have to have a blue Celebrity tote bag, with a big "X" on it, to carry illegal hootch!!!!! This is progress??? :confused:

Les

I've had no pblms on RCCL and Celebrity taking booze onboard with these caveats: We usually bring some rum in a non-liquor bottle or 2, and bring at least 1 12-pack of lite beer, in a backpack and/or in a carryon 6-pack sized little Igloo cooler. We buy additional beer and sodas when the ship docks along the way. Again, the backpack is the key, I think, but not because they don't know it's in there (it's X-rayed, after all!) but because you're not 'flaunting' it. Just be discreet and don't make it obvious to the other passengers.;)

Archived