Differen't twist on liquor on board

Spender Nui

If you order the gift package for Liquor Package the choices show below:

Perfect for entertaining or enjoying with your significant other, three different liquor packages each includes one bottle of liquor, six cans of soda and Natural Source Nuts Ivory Grab Box. Packages are for consumption in staterooms only. We offer scotch, gin, bourbon, rum, vodka, or cognac in three categories.

Order No.

Price†

Regular

Whiskey: Dewar's White Label, Cutty Sark, Johnnie Walker Red, J&B, Jim Beam, Canadian Club, Seagram's, Old Bushmill

Gin: Beefeater, Tanqueray, Gordon's Gilbey's

Rum: Bacardi Silver, Bacardi Orange, Myer's Dark, Captain Morgan

Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Gilbey's

#C710 50.00

Premium

Whiskey: Dewar's 12, Johnnie Walker Black, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Jack Daniel's, Crown Royal, Knob Creek, Old Black Bush

Gin: Bombay Sapphire

Vodka: Grey Goose, Van Gogh

Rum: Bacardi 8 #C711 55.00

Luxury

Whiskey: Dewar's 12, Johnnie Walker Black, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Jack Daniel's, Crown Royal, Knob Creek, Old Black Bush

Cognac: Martell Cordon Bleu #C712 80.00

I've never done this before (I know, that's what they all say) and would like to find if the size of the bottles are a litre or something else. Also, what are the choices for the soda. Any help will be appreciated.

I never did it either, I pack mine with the kidsters, but I have read that the size of the bottles are a indeed a full liter, when they intro the PBR package that will peak my interest!

I never did it either, I pack mine with the kidsters, but I have read that the size of the bottles are a indeed a full liter, when they intro the PBR package that will peak my interest!

Oh Newt, My laugh for the day..It only took me a little while to figure it out..Connie:D

It sounds like somebody at Celebrity has been reading the boards and know that some of us like to enjoy a drink in the room. Sounds like it might be easier than smuggling, and you wouldn't have to worry about breaking your bottle in your suitcase.

DH like Stoli and GreyGoose, but I didn't see his favorite Belvedere.

Newt, I did here they were doing a Keyston Light package.

Hi there,

We ordered two of the packages for our cruise last year to Alaska. It worked out very well for us.

They were liter bottles that were delivered to our stateroom.

We ordered coca cola for the sodas. I don't recall what other options were available.

You may want to give them a call to get additional details. They were very helpful to me as I called to get the size question answered.

We order the whisky package each trip for DH - the choice of sodas is extensive and you can mix what you have - as he never adds much mixer what we do is have 4 cans of his favourite and 2 cans of diet cola for me just to have at some stage. He then can enjoy a nightcap or a little mid afternoon drink and if you think about it he gets a good number out of the litre bottle - better value than at the bar and saves upsetting other routines to get it.

A hint though, we always have a small plastic bottle with us - usually a bottle from some soda I would be drinking enroute - we then wash it out and whenever he opens a soda (the cans are large ones) we decant the remainder into the bottle and keep this in the fridge - that way his soda goes much further and we do not spill half open cans in the fridge

do you have do order the alcohol before you get on the ship?
Yes. They accept orders by phone or FAX with credit card up to 48 hours before sailing. One exception: orders for flowers must be placed prior to 4:00pm of the Friday prior to the sail date.

On our last cruise on Century we ordered two liquor packages, one with Beefeater's gin and the other with Absolute. The size of the bottles are a litre and not the US fifth. The nut package consists of cashews and a snack package which was quite generous.

We have also ordered the packages as an easy solution for in-cabin toddies. The snacks are nice too.

I liked it better when, for a short time, you could buy liquor in the shop and take it to your room. We had that available on two cruises and then went on the next and it wasn't available.... oh, well.

Sounds like a good deal and much easier than trying to carry the bottles with you. When did you order them and how? Seems like a dumb question but I couldn't find them on the Celebrity website.

Thanks.

Sounds like a good deal and much easier than trying to carry the bottles with you. When did you order them and how? Seems like a dumb question but I couldn't find them on the Celebrity website.

Thanks.

On the first page of the Celebrity website at the very bottom click on "Shop Celebrity". [Do not know why they sort of hide this and not include it in the pull down menus at the top of the page.] Then click on "Bon Voyage Gifts". Finally click on "Wines & Champagne" and scroll down to the Liquor Packages.

There is an order form which you can print out with the necessary fax and phone information. We prefer to phone in our order, because we get positive and instant feedback from Celebrity with respect to our order.

I ordered a liquor package for a Century sailing back in May. I faxed the order one month prior to cruise. We were in a sky suite and we assumed the bottle would be waiting in our cabin - - - wrong.

I was looking foward to making a drink and enjoying sailaway from our nice, big balcony.:( Turned out that while our butler was aware that our suite was due a liquor package, he was unable to deliver it until 3 hours after sailaway ... seems these deliveries were just not ready until well after the ship set sail. And while I had listed my choices for mixers that were to accompany the bottle, he had no idea what my selections consisted of.

Needless to say I was very annoyed to have to pay for drinks at the bar while awaiting my delivery (not even knowing for sure if it would arrive that evening or sometime the following day). Wound up costing me $12 during that 3-hour wait . . .:mad: Next time I take no chances - my little flask will travel with me as "back-up!

With all due respect, I'd like to suggest that Celebrity's liquor delivered to your room is a rip off. We were on HAL this spring and you can pre-order liquor just like Celebrity. However, on HAL a litre of scotch (Cutty Sark or the like) was $27.50 and included three cans of the soda of your choice. Seems to me that when Celebrity is charging $50 for the same bottle, albeit with six cans of soda and a box of mixed nuts, that $22.50 is one heck of a price for three additional cans of soda and a box of nuts.

Interestingly, you can also order this same package from HAL's room service at any time during your cruise, the only difference being that a 15% gratuity is tacked on.

Seems to me Celebrity needs to sharpen its pencil or go back to the old policy of allowing passengers to buy duty free (or with a small mark-up) for in cabin consumption!

George+

Whatever the price, the convenience is great, as is avoiding the hassle of packing and lugging your own, and the ability to control the per drink price of separate drinks ordered from room service.

We each like a G & T before dinner while we're getting dressed and out on the balcony after we get back at the end of the evening cativities. That's why we always had our own bottle in the past.

Now if there was a way to have X or HAL provide some of my bottle aged Cabernets from 84 and 86 on board so we don't have to lug any adult beverages of any kind...

Now if there was a way to have X or HAL provide some of my bottle aged Cabernets from 84 and 86 on board so we don't have to lug any adult beverages of any kind...

Oh, you can get some true goldie oldies from the specialty restaurant wine list -- but it's like buying an '86 (or even much older) anywhere else -- someone else's money tied up for 20 years will usually create a pretty ugly price tag! Apart from the fact that they've got a few holes in their lists, you've just hit upon the primary reason that I often find myself bringing along my own.

I ordered a liquor package for a Century sailing back in May. I faxed the order one month prior to cruise. We were in a sky suite and we assumed the bottle would be waiting in our cabin - - - wrong.

I was looking foward to making a drink and enjoying sailaway from our nice, big balcony.:( Turned out that while our butler was aware that our suite was due a liquor package, he was unable to deliver it until 3 hours after sailaway ... seems these deliveries were just not ready until well after the ship set sail. And while I had listed my choices for mixers that were to accompany the bottle, he had no idea what my selections consisted of.

Needless to say I was very annoyed to have to pay for drinks at the bar while awaiting my delivery (not even knowing for sure if it would arrive that evening or sometime the following day). Wound up costing me $12 during that 3-hour wait . . .:mad: Next time I take no chances - my little flask will travel with me as "back-up!

My Suspicion is that they don't present the booze until they are in international waters and can sell it to you at a high price while they purchase at duty free rates.

On the Horizon two weeks ago, I had to call guest relations to get them to deliver the package I ordered several weeks before the cruise. They explained that they wanted to be sure of my choices for liquor and soda before delivery. Maybe they don't trust the people taking the orders at Celebrity headquarters.

They also told me that these packages can be purchased on the ship as well.

CaptainG

Archived