Taking alcohol on the ship

lccruiser

During our trip on The Celebration last month, my husband put 12 bottles of beer in his carry-on bag. Nothing was ever mentioned. When we were in Key West, he went to a store and bought another 12 pack of beer and walked right onto the ship thru security with it in plain view. Again, nothing said. I brought a 12 pack of soda with me in a small carry-on cooler with ice in it. Nothing said.

Tina

Thanks for playing. Want to try again at the next port?

What happens is they hold the liquor for you until the last full day of the cruise and then give it back. If they catch you trying to carry on in one of the ports, they will tell you to check it at the desk. It seems to be the honor system whether or not you actually do. ;)

No one seems to care on Carnival. We've packed some clear liquor in water bottles the first time and then just packed the liquor inside our luggage or carry on and no one said or did anything. In St. Maarten, Cozumel, Charlotte Amalie I carried liquor on in my tote bag and no one stopped me. In fact, in St. Maarten, once, I found a HUGE bottle of Bombay Sapphire that was too big to go in my tote bag, so I wrapped it up in a blanket (too heavy for a regular bag) and put it through the scanner and no one cared.

I have read some threads about smuggling alcohol on to the ship. What happens if you get caught?:eek:
Dont take the rap on this one let her get taking away in a patty wagon and you can pick her up after the cruise lol:eek:

I have read some threads about smuggling alcohol on to the ship. What happens if you get caught?:eek:

If Carnival screeners decide you have too much, they will keep it and are suppose to give it back to you at the end of the cruise. We usually take between 4 and 6 bottles of wine and champagne in our carry ons and have never had a problem. Whatever you take, I would suggest putting it your carry on and not checked luggage as it is banged around. Of course, if you wrap it really good in bubble wrap, etc. it might be okay.

They lay your fingers out on a wooden table and smack them with a mallot!:D
Yea Yea thats it!!!!!!!! LOL ROTFLMAO!!!!

Dude they just take it away and smile, party for them, is on you!!!:)

Me thinks gsb has Nun issues!!!!! LOL

Look Out here comes Mother Superior!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Yeah, my buddy brought a handle of Bacardi on board with no problems. The Carnival Website says you can bring on board a certain amount of soda and water, so can't you just fill up them water bottles. A lot of people say they open the bottles up and smell them, but I bet if u made it look like it hadn't been opened, you will be fine. If anyone has any better ideas please post.

Archived