New to MSC! A Couple of Questions

helen haywood

I am sailing on Divina in November. I have been reading reviews. One mentioned a cocktail party/happy hour on the formal nights with complimentary champagne or martinis. Is this still ongoing?

Regarding the alcohol vouchers, are they different from the beverage packages? I mean, I read about the beverage packages that all linked reservations must purchase the package. So not just my DH and myself, but the other couple we have linked dining reservations with would have to purchase the beverage package, seems to be what I'm understanding.

Since I don't think they'd want to do that, I wondered if I could just purchase the vouchers for myself.

Thank you for any/all help!

Regarding the alcohol vouchers, are they different from the beverage packages? I mean, I read about the beverage packages ... I wondered if I could just purchase the vouchers for myself.

The vouchers are definitely different than the drink packages. As I understand it, you can use the vouchers to purchase drinks for whomever - and there is no requirement for others in the party to purchase the vouchers. My husband and I are not big drinkers, so we'll probably purchase one packet of vouchers to split between us for an occasional glass of wine, or cocktail.

Edited by catydid

I am sailing on Divina in November. I have been reading reviews. One mentioned a cocktail party/happy hour on the formal nights with complimentary champagne or martinis. Is this still ongoing?

Regarding the alcohol vouchers, are they different from the beverage packages? I mean, I read about the beverage packages that all linked reservations must purchase the package. So not just my DH and myself, but the other couple we have linked dining reservations with would have to purchase the beverage package, seems to be what I'm understanding.

Since I don't think they'd want to do that, I wondered if I could just purchase the vouchers for myself.

Anyone can use a voucher to purchase a drink and there is no need for everybody to purchase them, you just buy as many as you need and can buy them at any point in the cruise , not just on the first day.

the all inclusive packages do have restictive rules which are shown below. And the important element is underlined in red.

allegrissimo.jpg

Pete

OK, then, vouchers seem to be the way to go! Hate to sound dumb, but what is the advantage of buying vouchers once onboard versus just buying a drink? I thought I read that buying them before boarding meant you didn't have the 15% gratuity added....but if you purchase them onboard is a packet of them discounted versus drink by drink? Even with the gratuity added?

OK, then, vouchers seem to be the way to go! Hate to sound dumb, but what is the advantage of buying vouchers once onboard versus just buying a drink? I thought I read that buying them before boarding meant you didn't have the 15% gratuity added....but if you purchase them onboard is a packet of them discounted versus drink by drink? Even with the gratuity added?

Yes pre-book them prior to save the 15%. If you do not and you purchase on board then 15% will be added. If you pre-book these you do not have to pay upfront, it will be added to your room bill during your cruise.

If you and your hunsband want the all you can drink, the way around that is to unlink your reservations, and on the day of sailing have both parties go to the maitre d and get a table together,

Vouchers are usually sold for a price where you get two free drinks.

Pre-ordering but not paying up front can save the 15% service charge but recently that has been added on in some regions. in any case having the cost added to your onboard spend adds to the total value for points in the loyalty scheme:- 1 point for every night on board + 1 point for every $200 on board spend. (NOTE:_ daily sevice charge also counts as on board spend)

Classic Level:- 3 - 21 points

Silver level:- 22 - 42 points

Gold level:- 43 - 99 points

BLACK level :- 100+ points

The discounts on future cruises are worth having, particularly at GOLD and BLACK, and progress up to GOLD is reasonably quick

Here are the present privilidges

mscclub2014.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...