Another alcohol???

abbp

Yes, a girl I was cruising with had hers taken from her from her checked bag. But, only because she had pointy ended scissors in her bag and they seen them on the x-ray. She was called down to the Pursers office and after they asked her to open her bag, they seen the alcohol.

I was under the inpression they did x-ray every checked bag. Anyway, they did hers and found the scissors. If she hadn't had the scissors, they probably wouldn't have called her down. So, just don't carry any pointy scissors or knives in your luggage.

I hve a friend who had some "adult beverages" in a Listerine bottle in his carry on and he was stopped and questioned about it at embarkation. They let him go through after they asked if it was really Listerine and he said, "What does it smell like?" I guess Listerine and other things "smell" the same. :D

We just got off the Conquest yesterday and we took enough alcohol to satisfy half the ship! We put it in large plastic water bottles then checked the bags! The people in front of us had cans of soda in their carry on and the lady made them take it out to be sure it wasn't beer. In my opinion i would put it in a sturdy suitcase, wrap it well and send it through with your checked bags. Shouldn't be a problem! Also met a guy who checked a case of beer in his luggage!! made it through just fine?!;) Good Luck and have fun!!

we brought 1.75 bottles on our cruise in our checked luggage and had no problems. There was group of four of us and it saves us a sick amount of money. I figured even if it were detected we were only out 20 bucks. Do it, it saved us about 500$ if not more.

Last cruise I went on was NCL, and they definitely DO x-ray every bag, and DO look closely for alcohol (as opposed to scissors, etc.) I mean, they target that stuff!

It appears that Carnival is not so zealous in their enforcement. No matter, it is still a piece of cake to conceal booze and get it on board. The sheer logistics of all those bags passing onto the ship in a few short hours has to limit what they can reasonably do.

I am glad to hear Carnival is more concerned with scissors than alcohol!

How do you pack your Cokes to go with your rum?? Checked luggage??

Also from what I have read on the boards you can have free soft drinks in the Dining Room at dinner but where can I find it in "print" from Carnival?? I am plan on allowing my kids a soft drink at night and will drink lemonade during the day.

If by "soft" drinks you mean soda, even at dinner there is a charge. We bought our kids soda cards which is unlimited throughout the cruise and worth every penny. At dinner you are only allowed the free drinks and if I

recall I couldn't even get lemonade. I was able to get cranberry juice however.

we were on fantasy a few months back with a grandson that is on a insuline pump and he needed scissors to cut the tape that tapes the line to his stomach and we were told, sorry, no scissors at all brought on board,, i went and got a tiny pair that fold up(no bigger than a couple inches) and they went thru just fine in my checked bags.

Archived